La Delphina Bed and Breakfast, Bar and Grill
Art Deco Beach(La Ceiba)
Hotel Carnaval(La Ceiba)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewshot springsthe ownercayos cochinosone of a kindhamburgersambo creekwhite water raftinghondurastaxiscaribbean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My Daughter was taken to hospital to have her appendix out while backpacking in Honduras. As parents back in the UK we needed someone to help and we couldn't have asked for anyone better than Richard. He's picked her and her boyfriend up from the hospital and are currently making sure she is comfortable as possible, including going out and getting food specially for her. As a concerned parent we can't ask for more.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MartinMcQ
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Sorry, Richard, to have taken so long to post this. La Delphina is everything you want it to be: comfortable, friendly, relaxing, beautiful (the pool area right on the beach is phenomenal!) with great food and cold beer. Richard will pick you up and keep you safe in La Ceiba and is a virtual encyclopedia about the country and region. Also day trips can be arranged to nearby hikes and hot springs. My only regret was not staying longer. Thank you Richard and Kelly!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corrie M
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This review is long overdue, as our group of four (My sister, her husband, my husband, and myself) stayed at La Delphina back in March! Despite my tardiness in reviewing, we all had a great time at the Bed and Breakfast. The food was phenomenal: We tried something different every day. We loved Kelly... she does everything but the driving around there and is so incredibly sweet and personable. Richard was a great help in planning our travel, excursions, and providing transportation.

A few notes: No, La Delphina is not walking distance to any restaurants or shops. You'll have to drive to get to or from anywhere. The beach is just okay. The islands have much clearer water. Critical microscope aside, La Delphina is a little oasis that Richard has made as good as one can be. He'll drive you anywhere you want to go, help with planning, schedule tour pick-ups, and is very reliable. The beach water is warm, the pool is perfect, and the drinks are amazing. Staying with Richard and Kelly is like staying with good friends: We had an amazing time. Plus, we were pleasantly surprised when we saw the bill!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed in this Hotel in July of 2012 for several days. My wife had just had a horrible experience with immigration in the USA and I wanted to take her some place she would enjoy.
Richard picked us up at the bus stop and drove us to the hotel. Our room was clean and modern by US standards. The view was outstanding, the beach was only a stone's throw away. Richard was helpful when we needed to go into town. The hotel is about 20 minutes out. The benefit of that was a private beach more or less to yourself.
The food was quite good. I was impressed by the cooking. The prices weren't cheap, but I didn't expect to be eating at McDonalds anyhow. The hotel has a nice pool and bar, that kind of stays open as long as your there. The place is safe and secure. My wife had a lovely time and I am indebted to Richard for being so accommodating

Room Tip: best room is right aabove the pool, what a view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Spent two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time at la Delphina. Great location to observe the beautiful, clear night sky filled w stars. Our great hosts Richard n kerry bent over backwards to accommodate our trip to Cayo Cochinos which was the highlight of our vacation. Best value, can't go wrong here. If u have not met Richard, u have not been to Honduras. Lanny n Sandra

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple