“Best place to stay and enjoy the beauty of La Ceiba”

La Delphina Bed and Breakfast, Bar and Grill
Ranked #7 of 33 La Ceiba B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Best place to stay and enjoy the beauty of La Ceiba”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Before booking the hotel La Delphina I checked many different reviews and investigated the location. The place was awesome and the service was great too. I was here only for two night for a business trip and I wished I had more time to have enjoyed all the good stuff in the hotel and fun activities around the hotel. Call before you get to Hotel so you can plan your day and ask Richard or Kelly to give you information of all the fun things you can do while you are there.

I would go to La Delphina hotel every weekend if I could... Loved the place and the people

Room Tip: Make sure you get the water view rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nicolef110

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
london
Reviewed 7 February 2013

If you love the seaside, and, like me, can spend hours watching the rolling waves, this is the place for you! The terrace on the beach is heaven ... sit in a rocking chair, nursing a cocktail and watch the pelicans - and the Honduran children - fishing.

This is more of a "British" beach, if you see what I mean. As the sea is choppier here, you don't always get the turquoise of the islands. But it's fantastic, nonetheless.

Richard is the perfect host - welcoming you on arrival, chatting at the bar, booking trips and making recommendations. He goes out of his way to ensure you enjoy your stay. Nothing is too much trouble. And booking the trips, as to Cayas Cachinos, are far cheaper via Richard than via some of the nearby posh hotels - $45 compared with up to $180. Plus, the boat picks you up from the beach right outside the B&B.

I went on the zipwire and hot springs trip ($45) which was huge fun. Again I was picked up from the hotel.

Richard took us to La Ceiba airport at the end of our stay, for a very reasonable $25.

Our room was very nice indeed ... bright and colourful, and "the girls" had put towels and flowers on the beds. The bathroom was huge - shower only, no bath though. All very clean. Don't expect the facilities of a 5* hotel here, though ... the furniture is a bit rustic ... but I really liked it, and believe me, I do love my comforts.

We enjoyed the bar, and the bar menu. The plates are HUGE, so very good value.

Some people might be put off by La Delphina being about 15 minutes' drive from La Ceiba, and then down a rutted sideroad down to the beach. But why stay in dirty old La Ceiba, when you can stay on the beach, in the fresh air, and all the trips come to you cut-price?

I absolutely loved La Delphina - I wanted to stay much, much longer, just to enjoy the beach terrace, the pool and the excellent pina coladas!

PS don't worry about the construction work - Richard will stop the work while you're there if you wish.

Room Tip: The new rooms on the beach will be spectacular!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank janthefan
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My Daughter was taken to hospital to have her appendix out while backpacking in Honduras. As parents back in the UK we needed someone to help and we couldn't have asked for anyone better than Richard. He's picked her and her boyfriend up from the hospital and are currently making sure she is comfortable as possible, including going out and getting food specially for her. As a concerned parent we can't ask for more.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank MartinMcQ
Clinton, Maine, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Sorry, Richard, to have taken so long to post this. La Delphina is everything you want it to be: comfortable, friendly, relaxing, beautiful (the pool area right on the beach is phenomenal!) with great food and cold beer. Richard will pick you up and keep you safe in La Ceiba and is a virtual encyclopedia about the country and region. Also day trips can be arranged to nearby hikes and hot springs. My only regret was not staying longer. Thank you Richard and Kelly!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corrie M
San Jose, California
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This review is long overdue, as our group of four (My sister, her husband, my husband, and myself) stayed at La Delphina back in March! Despite my tardiness in reviewing, we all had a great time at the Bed and Breakfast. The food was phenomenal: We tried something different every day. We loved Kelly... she does everything but the driving around there and is so incredibly sweet and personable. Richard was a great help in planning our travel, excursions, and providing transportation.

A few notes: No, La Delphina is not walking distance to any restaurants or shops. You'll have to drive to get to or from anywhere. The beach is just okay. The islands have much clearer water. Critical microscope aside, La Delphina is a little oasis that Richard has made as good as one can be. He'll drive you anywhere you want to go, help with planning, schedule tour pick-ups, and is very reliable. The beach water is warm, the pool is perfect, and the drinks are amazing. Staying with Richard and Kelly is like staying with good friends: We had an amazing time. Plus, we were pleasantly surprised when we saw the bill!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed in this Hotel in July of 2012 for several days. My wife had just had a horrible experience with immigration in the USA and I wanted to take her some place she would enjoy.
Richard picked us up at the bus stop and drove us to the hotel. Our room was clean and modern by US standards. The view was outstanding, the beach was only a stone's throw away. Richard was helpful when we needed to go into town. The hotel is about 20 minutes out. The benefit of that was a private beach more or less to yourself.
The food was quite good. I was impressed by the cooking. The prices weren't cheap, but I didn't expect to be eating at McDonalds anyhow. The hotel has a nice pool and bar, that kind of stays open as long as your there. The place is safe and secure. My wife had a lovely time and I am indebted to Richard for being so accommodating

Room Tip: best room is right aabove the pool, what a view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Spent two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time at la Delphina. Great location to observe the beautiful, clear night sky filled w stars. Our great hosts Richard n kerry bent over backwards to accommodate our trip to Cayo Cochinos which was the highlight of our vacation. Best value, can't go wrong here. If u have not met Richard, u have not been to Honduras. Lanny n Sandra

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple