“Thanks for the unforgettable stay!”
Review of Paradise Found

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Ceiba
Paradise Found
Ranked #10 of 35 La Ceiba B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We spent 3 nights there. We were helped in everything we wanted to do, to a degree even pampered! We were fed delicious food and treated like members of the family. The place itself is in the perfect location to explore Cayos Cochinos and the people organizing the trip are super professional and very safety aware. And the trip to the hot-springs is a must, along with the mud bath!
My only very minor complaint is that prices for rooms are high for a backpacker...still, compared to next door competitors, the best value for money.
We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here in November of 2011 and really enjoyed myself. As all the other visitors mentioned, Dante and his wife are extremely hospitable. Dante arranged for me to go ziplining and for my transportation from the hotel back to La Ceiba. The only thing I would recommend to a visitor would be to try to get into one of the newer rooms. I was placed in an older room and the upkeep was a little less than impressive. I'd been looking forward to just relaxing in a nice clean room and watching some TV as I'd been staying in hostels for 9 days prior to my stay at Paradise Found, so I was disappointed that the TV did not work. The toilet constantly ran all night despite my attempts to jiggle the handle, and there was an off-putting mossy vine running up alongside the wall that turned me off. So overall, I enjoyed my stay - I just wished that the room would've been kept up a little better.

Room Tip: Choose a newer room (I believe on the left side of the garage)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank elsaboo81
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Owner at Paradise Found, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank you for your review and input concerning your visit with us. I inspected the toilet, and indeed, the chain connecting the handle and flushing mechanism had indeed fallen off. Simple one- minute fix, (had you informed us immediately, it would not have run all night). The cable TV and high-speed internet is ALWAYS payed in advance, however, it is beyond our control when it "doesn't work"...... very common in Honduras. Someone must've stolen the "off-putting mossy vine" as neither myself or the staff were able locate it to have it removed. SO glad you had a great time overall, that is our ultimate goal.
All the Best,

Dante'

Reviewed 9 July 2012

6 adults ran from the winter cold to Honduras, and spent 3 nights at Paradise Found.
I booked our rooms via email. Dante was quick to respond and organized our rooms and rates well. He hooked us up with some tour recommendations. A couple of weeks before we arrived he emailed to ask if our group had any dietary requirements or restrictions so he could make certain they could accommodate special requests. I thought that extra consideration was very impressive!
We rented all 4 rooms and were pleased with them overall. They were small but very clean. The a/c worked great, as did the showers, and the beds were really comfy. They are a great value.
We hung out in the palapa many hours and it was lots of fun. Dante and Kristen are really friendly and attentive. It was like staying with your favorite cousin.
The food was fabulous. Dante made pork tenderloin one night that was melt in your mouth, and the home made salsa and burgers were fantastic.
We took a day trip to Cayos Cuchinos, and our guide, Tony, was wonderful. We saw lots of interesting islands, people, and fish. I would highly recommend a boat trip with Tony.
While not super fancy, Paradise Found has a great vibe. It was incredibly relaxing and a great getaway, and again, a wonderful value. Thanks Kristen and Dante!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This really is a great place and a real treat for me. I stayed here for two nights and loved it. Dante and Kristin are fun and friendly hosts that allow you to relax but are great company at the same time, they go out of their way to make everyone feel at home. The food is tasty and plentiful. Make sure you are in the lovely bar/restaurant in time to catch the sunsets!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I went to Utila. I went to Roatan. And fortunately, I left. They are overbuilt, filled with tourists even in the low season, along with the boom-boom-boom of bar music and over-priced restaurants. If that's your thing, well then, go right ahead. But I'm telling you, you won't find anything there that compares to Paradise Found in Sambo Creek, just fifteen minutes outside of La Ceiba.

Here's what you'll find here:

Gorgeous, pristine beach with no garbage, no people, no nothing except gorgeous white sand where you can walk for miles.

Close to Cayos Cochinos for diving, snorkeling and more.

Lovely, friendly Garifuna community of Sambo Creek just minutes down the beach.

Welcoming, accommodating service of Dante and Kristen like you will find nowhere else. I know, I've traveled tons and it's like arriving at home away from home.

Excellent food made to order - whatever you want, they will try to make it happen.

Oh, and did I mention the gorgeous beach - absolutely stunning! (Utila has no real beaches and Roatan's are filled with hotels, restaurants and the road with blaring vehicle and bar noises that run right along it - not my idea of a great beach scene.)

Spectacular sunsets. My first rainbow of three months in Central America yesterday and it was a double rainbow! Pretty frequent in these parts, I hear.

Nearby is rafting, hiking, hot springs, so much to do. Or not - just hang in the hammock overlooking the sea if that's your thing.

Let me say it again - I think the glory days of the Bay Islands are long past. This is travel off the beaten path and yet with all the comforts and amenities that you could possibly want.

And again, I must say, the hospitality is over-the-top in the best of ways - outstanding location, friendly hosts, small, boutique place and awesome food - there's nothing else I could possibly want here!

What are you waiting for - get over to Paradise Found and you'll find out why they named it!

Dante` and Kristen, many, many thanks for your incredible hospitality. I've had a blast! I'll be back - but you know that already!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AlohafromChristina
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Owner at Paradise Found, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

We miss you already! Thank you for the most excellent conversations about your travels around the globe. We'll always think of you when we listen to the hundreds of albums worth of music you gave us; PRICELESS! Being a Psychiatrist, I'm sure you know I'm insane and can use your help; therefore I'm sure you'll be back soon! Enjoy SanFran.......

All the Best,

Dante'

Reviewed 13 May 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 3 days at Paradise Found in March 2012. Dante and Kristen were incredibly accommodating, and the food ranks amongst top 5 we have ever had. We learned how to play darts, sang karaoke, and dined on delicious burgers. We would recommend this for anyone and everyone. The only suggestion for improvement we have is the rooms could be a little better kept, but they were still well within reason and clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We could not have been happier with our 3-night stay at Paradise Found, except that it could have been longer! First, about us to give some perspective on my review...we are an early 40's married couple who have traveled to Honduras annually for the last 8 years on a mission trip. Each year we take a few days of R&R at the end, having stayed on Roatan and Utila, as well as staying in downtown Ceiba and spending time in Copan. We love Honduras and have enjoyed all of those mini-vacations for what they had to offer. That being said, our time at Paradise Found was definitely one of the most relaxing experiences we've had in Honduras. Now to the details:

Location - Although the address is "Sambo Creek", Paradise Found is actually further down the beach at the end of a small stretch of hotels outside of town. Sambo Creek proper was a nice little walk to the west and an interesting place, but probably not where I would want to stay. PF is much more secluded. Most days we only saw a handful of other people on the beach. To and from San Pedro Sula, Dante' (our host, along with his wife, Kristin) arranged for a driver for us with a nice, clean, air-conditioned van for 2500lps. (less than $135). What a beautiful drive!

Accomodations - Our room (one of four, if I remember correctly) was clean and comfortable. The bed was nice and firm, and the sheets were really soft. The air conditioning worked well and quietly. The bathroom, while on the smallish side, had a nice tile shower and hot water. The room was simply, but pleasantly furnished, and there was a tv, but we never turned it on. Quite honestly, the room is just a place to sleep and shower, and it was more than adequate.

Beach - PF is right on the beach, but for security purposes (we always felt that we and our belongings were completely safe while we were there, by the way) there is a locked, gated wall surrounding the hotel. The staff is happy to open the gate for you whenever you wish. In some ways, we enjoyed this beach more than any other we've been to in Honduras for a couple of reasons. Firstly, there was no turtle grass or prickly things to step on in the sea like there were on the beach where we stayed on Roatan, and, best of all, there were no sand flies! On Roatan, it seemed like we always had to bathe in insect repellant day and night to keep from being eaten alive, but we didn't get a single bite at PF. For full disclosure, the water isn't as "pretty" as on Roatan, because the sand gets picked up in the surf, making it look dull instead of sparkling blue. The beach was pretty clean though, and the water didn't seem dirty to me, just sandy. We especially enjoyed sitting up in the second floor palapa where we had a spectacular panoramic view up and down the beach and out to Cayos Cachinos, as well as of the lush mountain range behind us.

Service - This is what makes PF unique. Most of the time, it felt more like we'd gone to stay with some friends at their beach house than that we were at a hotel. Dante', Kristin, and their friend, Mike, were great company, and they truly took an interest in showing us a good time. One day, we rode into town with them to go to the markets (an interesting experience) where we planned the evening's meal together and had lunch at a little tipico place they like. Another day, the "boys" went fishing in a canoe on a nearby lagoon. At times, we did little more than relax in the ocean breezes under the shade of the palapa (Who needs air-conditioning in a climate like this??? At least while we were there in early May anyway...), occasionally wandering east or west along the beach or having a swim in the bathwater-warm sea. They were happy to accomodate whatever our whim was at the time..this included our meals, as well. It's nice when a restaurant owner chats with you early in the day to see what you feel like having for dinner later!
***An important note on their housekeeping policy...out of respect for the guests' privacy, housekeeping does not go into a room unless requested, and they prefer that you be present so that you know no one is bothering your belongings. Many North Americans assume that housekeeping will go in every day (and they will, if you wish), just be aware that they will not do so unless you ask.

Value - We feel that PF was an exceptional value. What we spent for our beachfront lodging, food and beverage expenses each day was probably less than we'd spend just for a weekend night in an average hotel in our nearest city at home.

In summary - Most years, after being in Honduras for a couple of weeks, we start really looking forward to getting back to the comforts of home. This year though, our stay at PF was so thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable that I really, really did not want to leave when our all-too-short stay drew to a close. In the future, anytime that we plan to have our vaca in Ceiba, we will definitely stay at the aptly named Paradise Found!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple