“Would not recommend AT ALL”
Review of Hotel Versalles

Hotel Versalles
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Ceiba
Hotel Versalles
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
Tampa, Florida
“Would not recommend AT ALL”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My husband and I were scheduled to stay at the hotel for 4 days. Once we got our room we immediately knew that we were not going to remain there. We would have gone to another hotel but by the time we got there it was 1am and there are no taxis available at that time. Once we got the key to the room the nightmare began. The following is an abbreviated list of what I found: The bathroom was dirty, the sheets were yellowish, the lamp shades had what appeared to be cigarette burns, the walls were dirty, and the supposedly available WIFI was not available. I had to place a T shirt on the bed so I can lay down being that I was so disgusted. The following morning I went to get coffee but there was no sugar. We went on our tour and took one of the towels. When we got back to the hotel we gathered our things and got ready to leave but before that they asked me for the towel! I was gonna return it of course but I got the impression that those were the only towels they had. My goodness!!! I couldnt wait to get out of there. My husband and I have stayed at many hotels and this one is by far the worst hotel we've stayed at. Would never reccomend it to anyone!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 4 June 2012

It's really quite simple - when you pay gringo prices you expect gringo level quality. Hotel Versalles came so close to being excellent. Great room, spotlessly clean, knowledgeble staff and a great swimming pool and bar area.

Unfortunately it's the bar that let them down. Big time. I'd come to the hotel to get a good night's rest after several days of tiring travel, and at first everything looked great. Then the music started. From midday until almost 11pm the bass from the nearby bar blasted in to my room while a family of rich locals got raucously drunk. Repeated requests to the manager for less volume yielded no improvement.

I reluctantly award Versalles a poor rating, on the basis that the fundamental idea of a hotel room is that it allows one to rest as one sees fit. I was unable to do this, and I suspect many other traveller will have a similar experience.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank RandomPunter69

Travellers are raving about these La Ceiba hotels

Berlin
Reviewed 18 December 2010

It is a clean place and the rooms are spacious. The bathroom though needs some work. The toilet was leaking and there was not hot shower.
The hotel is located in the "zona viva" -the party area in La Ceiba. When we stayed there on a Friday night guests came back at 2 am and started a party in the pool until 5 am. With the rooms situated around the pool the night was over...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sommervogel
yaco1976
Reviewed 17 November 2009

1. Very clean 2. Excellent service 3. Close to all the actions, restaurant clubs and bars.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business