“Clean/great location”

Ranked #16 of 33 La Ceiba B&B and Inns
Grand Cayman
“Clean/great location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was at the Hotel Iberia for a week in 2013 with my husband. The room was always clean (even looking under the beds when I got there), a/c was very cold and water hot. As most of the lower priced hotels in La Ceiba, the place is a bit older looking but found it to be very comfortable. Cute little courtyard in the middle of the building and after a certain time of evening (maybe it was after the little restaurant downstairs closed) the gate to the courtyard was locked denying entry from the street. You literally have to go thru reception to enter the hotel, which tends to make me feel a lot safer. I enjoyed sitting on the balcony along the front of the hotel and checking things out. It is located right on one of the main roads so not far from anything. Only thing I missed was my views of Pico Bonito in the mornings. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was my third stop at the Iberia in the past few years. Their service continues to be consistently good, especially at the price. Their reception and check-in was friendly, quick, efficient and tolerant of my limited Spanish. I had no reservation but they gave me a room on the street side as I requested. My room was fairly basic but it was spotlessly clean and had a A/C unit which cooled it in minutes. The bathroom was a little dated but there was plenty of hot water. Their wifi worked very well.

The only negative points I have are a) road noise in the front rooms , smallish towels, and the location. Even on Saturday evening there was nothing open except the Pizza Hut about 4 blocks down the street. Despite this, I would likely return here on my next trip to la Ceiba.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room at the rear. If you want wifi, stick to the front.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Got stuck in La Ceiba because of bad weather (the ferry to Roatan wasn't running). I ended up at the hotel Iberia, paying 32$ for an VERY basic room (doesn't look very clean). Was OK for only a night, but the price is quite high for what you get.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these La Ceiba hotels

Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel is nothing too special but for $27 USD what more could you want? The beds are firm and good, the shower has amazing pressure and hot hot if you want it to be except first thing in the morning when everyone is trying to shower then it is just warm. The WiFi is good. There is cable tv and A/C. The decor could be nicer but again who cares for the price. The location is good and found the noise level to be fine. We would stay here again on our way through La Ceiba. Not sure why it is under bed and breakfast because I am not aware of any included breakfast.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuckieGial
Mingo, Iowa
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife and I go to La Ceiba every year for last 7. We have stayed at this hotel a total of about 120 nights. (One year 86 nights). Know the family that owns. They treat us great. Only hotel we ever stay at now. Basic, clean, quiet if on back side, great generator when power goes off. You want fancy, go to Hotel Paris or La Quinta. This is a different type of place. VERY safe parking lot, gated with guard. Downtown hotel...little rough at night. We keep our guard up and only get a little bothered. Can't say enough good about this basic hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Larry L
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed 24 April 2011

The Hotel is basic but with right accomodations for the price; nothing fancy but rather practical and well located; the women that clean the rooms are very courteous and nice; but what i want to mention is the Cafeteria that is inside the hotel, at first glance looks like a dark place, but the owner is a old man who is a Chef who can cook you great food, and also this is a fantastic place for a cold beer.

Room Tip: Two blocks down from the central park
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank latin0692
la ceiba
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My partner and I both went on a trip to Roatan, when we got back to La Ceiba we went to Hotel Iberia. We ordered a room with one bed and they gave us one with 2 beds. The first night around 1 am we heard screaming right outside our door. Come to find out it was two gay men fighting. Seems one caught the other one cheating! All we heard from 1-6 am was 2 gays fighting about cheating and how he could do that to him and why he didn't love him enough and if his...was better....Well, sorry to say that blew it for us. We got up and went to Hotel Paris way better and cleaner and no noise at all! We are not planning to ever go back to hotel iberia again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple