“Very friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I arrived after a long bus ride to be greeted by a very friendly member of staff, made me feel at home straight away, gave me all the information that I needed and was very helpful, lots of people here so sociable and easy to meet others. My room is great with a very spacious batghroom, hot and cold water - always good after a long bus ride! Very happy to have stayed here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Shelley088

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

They picked me up from Hedman Alas bus station and the hospitality is great. Just like at home. Close to the beach and the ferry to Utila. The ferry didn't show up and they let you stay longer for free waiting for the next one. Even the showers are warm. First warm shower I've had in quite some time. Hopefully I'll make it tom utila today but I wouldn't mine staying an extra night. They even have a bar and will run a tab for you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

They are the closest to the ferry, good service and friendly staff. Wifi in private rooms is good and the hot shower felt amazing after my long trip to the coast. Good food too. They have free 30 mins of wifi if in dorm.

• Stayed February 2012
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We arrived in La Ceiba tired from 24 hours of travel and in need of some food, rest and help in getting to the ferries the next morning. This place ticks all of those boxes. The rate is extremely reasonable, the owner speaks perfect English and really takes pride in the place....it's safe and very clean feeling. It was pouring rain when we got there so we tried his dinner; it was excellent and about $7 each. Breakfast is also an option (omelettes, toast, coffee, tea, orange juice etc.) for $5. The hotel also arranged our taxi the next morning. There is a computer you can use for free in the lobby or wifi is available (we couldn't get the signal in our room, but could in the lobby and right outside our room as well). I can't say much regarding the surrounding neighborhood because we were only there for the night, but for passing through La Ceiba I would most definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LightUpShoe
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Found this place with little difficulty and I have never been to La Ceiba before. It was New years day and they were closed but the guy inside came right out and let me in anyway. They even let me park my motorcycle inside. Extremely friendly and helpful. I recommend it to anyone looking for a clean affordable hotel.

Room Tip: dorm rooms are a little small so spend a few dollars more on the private rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Dan W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Oh my God, what a place. I emailed last minute and got a dormbed right away. The staff was amazingly welcoming and heard my complaints about bedbugs elswhere (which made me come stay there).They manager turned the complaint into a compliment and upgrated me to a single room.I've seen both the dormroom and a single and both are well taken care of with some extra's (e.g. a shampoo sample).All the floors from bottom to the third story top look like you can eat from them.For a small extra charge the manager wil get up @ 4.30 am to take me to the bus station.Overall a clean,well furnished,friendly place!If I ever return to La Ceiba,I know where to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Nessamira
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

this hotel is next to the stadium but soccer season was over when i went. the owner is very helpful and friendly to the guests. the restaurant doesn't have a menu but the lady can cook anything you like. i will stay here if rooms are available for carnaval next year. the free wifi made using my pc very easy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo