“Great location, incredibly helpful staff, great prices, top breakfast!”
Review of Hotel El Estadio

Hotel El Estadio
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
“Great location, incredibly helpful staff, great prices, top breakfast!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed at El Estadio for a night before travelling to Utila the following morning.
I was greeted at the door on arrival and my bags were carried inside before I was given a thorough introduction to the hostel and the surrounding area.
My room was clean and spacious with air con which I was thankful for!
The owner Peter drove me to the ferry port in the morning.

I was so impressed I wanted to stay again on my return journey so I emailed Peter while I was in Utila & he booked me in and arranged for me to be collected from the ferry station on my return. He also gave me a great price to drive me to San Pedro Sula in time for my flight!

The breakfast omelette was really great; served with toast, coffee & juice.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend El Estadio to anyone travelling to or through La Ceiba!!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 7 March 2014

A hotel with very helpful staff members. Peter, the owner is always there when you need advice or when you need to get around.
The rooms are clean and the bathrooms as well. Hot showers and towels are provided.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a great place to stay. The hotel was clean, safe and comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay here. I've been to several places in La Ceiba and this place can't be matched. Peter was a great help while I was staying there. I had an incredible time during my stay in Honduras. He even shuttled me to San Pedro Sula so I could catch a bus on-time to Guatemala. Thanks for all the help, it was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: I stayed in the private room and it was great, had air conditioning and everything you would expect...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Almost everyone stays here as a pass through to the islands, and we were no exception. The rooms were really good. Clean, clean bathrooms, fans, hot showers in a clean bathroom ensuite (in the private rooms). There is wifi on each floor and a balcony that runs around the building, so good if you smoke. The double bed was very soft and you tended to roll to the middle into the other person, so that wasnt very cool when sharing with someone thats not your partner or close friend. There are no lockers, but both the room door and the door to the balcony lock, so its not too big of a problem. The local area seems a big dodgy, but its not an issue if youre there short term. The front door is very secure. The taxi that the owner arranges to the port is a bit expensive, but we met others who found their own taxis and they saved only a little bit more.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
La Ceiba, Honduras
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our taxi driver told us about this place and we were stoked after checking out the hostel our guide book said. Peter and Goel are rad and really helpful. The place is clean and secure and it's easy to walk to most of the city. The hammocks are cozy, beers are cold, and they can help you out with navigating within or out of the city.

Room Tip: Watch your head in the bathrooms!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Leon, Nicaragua
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This place is a fully functional get you to the morning ferry to Utila kind of place. And it will do that just fine. However immediately upon entering, you're told you can't really walk around because it's not safe, the owner will order food in for you and you can drink their overpriced beers. There is no atmosphere to speak of in the place, you can't leave and they insist you leave for the ferry ridiculously early in the morning. I was in the girls dorm and it's cramped - the whole place smells a little musty and is not particularly clean. It's a little overpriced for what it is, but like I said, you won't miss the ferry. You do get towels and soap too, score! I suggest getting there as late as possible and leaving early in the morning for the ferry and you'll be fine. Don't linger.

Room Tip: All girls dorm is 4 to a room and pretty cramped. But functional.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 28 February 2014

we arrived late at this hotel refer to us by a taxi driver and were greeted by the owner pet who offered us a room with hot shower A/C and fast wifi!!! we heard that Honduras is a dangerous place but we felt very safe.
the next day we missed the morning ferry to utila and pet gave us a beutiful tour around the city and had brunch with us while we waited for the next ferry !!
what i liked about this hotel is the personalised costumer service that was rendered !! i highly recommend this hotel to any solo women traveleres looking for a safe,clean and cheap place to stay!!!!
We will be coming back from the bay islands and we´ll be staying here again.....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends