“Irie Vibes”
Review of Hotel El Estadio

Hotel El Estadio
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
Reviewed 11 March 2014

When I first walked in, the first things I saw were the paintings of Hallie Selassie-i, Bob Marley, and the Michael Jordan jersey so I knew I was going to be comfortable here (I'm a reggae music fan from Chicago). Excellent staff, location, all that stuff. Truly the best deal in Ceiba (i've been staying in the city at least twice a year since 2008). Computer/internet access was much appreciated after being in the Pico Bonito National Park area for three months (not to mention the A/C).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very nice hotel, everyone that works here is very helpful and are always happy to talk to you about anything. The hotel is very safe and secure, despite it being next to the football stadium it is still very quiet at night, I stayed when a game was on and I heard nothing from the match.
The room I stayed in had air conditioning, a fan, a fridge and lots of power points for charging. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was hot. There is also balconies with hammocks on both floors so you can relax and meet other people.
It is close to town so you can walk to the central park, the hotel is also able to arrange for really nice local food to be delivered to the hotel for you if you dont fancy going out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Peter the owner is very helpful and will offer advise and organise trips or onward travel. Hostel is straightforward with a nice bar area, rooms are clean, hot showers, great balcony with hammocks. Plenty of plug sockets in dorms which is a rare to see and good fast reliable wifi. Would stay again, shame I arrived to late to enjoy the football next door.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed at El Estadio for a night before travelling to Utila the following morning.
I was greeted at the door on arrival and my bags were carried inside before I was given a thorough introduction to the hostel and the surrounding area.
My room was clean and spacious with air con which I was thankful for!
The owner Peter drove me to the ferry port in the morning.

I was so impressed I wanted to stay again on my return journey so I emailed Peter while I was in Utila & he booked me in and arranged for me to be collected from the ferry station on my return. He also gave me a great price to drive me to San Pedro Sula in time for my flight!

The breakfast omelette was really great; served with toast, coffee & juice.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend El Estadio to anyone travelling to or through La Ceiba!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 7 March 2014

A hotel with very helpful staff members. Peter, the owner is always there when you need advice or when you need to get around.
The rooms are clean and the bathrooms as well. Hot showers and towels are provided.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a great place to stay. The hotel was clean, safe and comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay here. I've been to several places in La Ceiba and this place can't be matched. Peter was a great help while I was staying there. I had an incredible time during my stay in Honduras. He even shuttled me to San Pedro Sula so I could catch a bus on-time to Guatemala. Thanks for all the help, it was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: I stayed in the private room and it was great, had air conditioning and everything you would expect...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Almost everyone stays here as a pass through to the islands, and we were no exception. The rooms were really good. Clean, clean bathrooms, fans, hot showers in a clean bathroom ensuite (in the private rooms). There is wifi on each floor and a balcony that runs around the building, so good if you smoke. The double bed was very soft and you tended to roll to the middle into the other person, so that wasnt very cool when sharing with someone thats not your partner or close friend. There are no lockers, but both the room door and the door to the balcony lock, so its not too big of a problem. The local area seems a big dodgy, but its not an issue if youre there short term. The front door is very secure. The taxi that the owner arranges to the port is a bit expensive, but we met others who found their own taxis and they saved only a little bit more.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends