“Peter, the owner and his Team are excellent.”
Review of Hotel El Estadio

Hotel El Estadio
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been at El estadio for a couple of times and it is getting better from time to time. They offer great rates for the stay. Nice location, close to downtown, nighlife. Anytime I am in La ceiba I am comming back.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in the hostel for four nights in the lead up to carnivale, and we all absolutely loved the place. all rooms have air conditioning that i saw, and there is plenty of shower and bathroom facilities per guest, compared to everywhere else i stayed. The incredible thing about this place however, and the reason I am writing this review(a personal first) is the staff. The owner Peter is a mine of information about what is going on in honduras, and is incredibly helpful with pretty much any issue you may have, especially if, like us, you speak no spanish.I could not recommend the place enough, I will definitely be coming back

Room Tip: all the rooms I saw had air conditioning, and lockers provided, so it is up to you!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great family run hotel. Most of the staff are bilingual with perfect spanish and english, which is obviously really useful in a place like Honduras. The owner Peter is a great resource for planning your next steps and knows how best to get around Honduras and further in central america.
Otherwise the place has everything you need, very secure, very clean and they provide breakfast and an in-house laundry service. A/C in the rooms. Fair price too

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The location and lack of cool common areas would deter me from staying at this hostel longer than to catch the ferry to the Bay Islands.

That being said, I was surprised by reviews (and a number of comments from fellow travellers) about Peter. I found him professional, welcoming and helpful in helping us arrange our taxis to the ferry terminal.

The dorms are okay for one night but my bathroom was killer-hot. Likely at least in part to the frigid a/c in the sleeping area.

This hostel didn't blow me away but for late arrivals from Nicaragua and others looking to connect to other places the next morning, I have no complaints!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
hotelestadio, Owner at Hotel El Estadio, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi Mates,this will be a short one,i often ask myself & my crew how can some one give advise on something they have not done or seen themselves ..If you come in late into our hostel well the only thing your going to see is your bed,maybe a quick glimpse of me,the inside of our facilities and the next day bright and early your heading for the ferry to the bay islands & i will arrange your transportation,that is right...so obviously there's no quality time being spent with me or the surroundings...But on the other hand if you stay a day or two doing tours or what ever it is you're definitely going to be spending time & will get to know me and the surroundings including the city's international soccer stadium that you probably didn't noticed bec u came in too late and never went out then you're perspective & opinion will differ or be similar in nature to other former guests....
Look forward to seeing you guys and remember you can always ask to see me i live in the hostel too...cheers

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Some of the reviews posted about this hostel border on idiotic. The owner is a very nice, likeable man who takes care of his hostel and patrons. You can see that he takes every precaution to provide a safe and hospitable accommodation for his guest who are most likely only there because they missed the ferry to the bay islands.

The dorms are fairly valued, the WIFI, shower and toilets all work fine enough. I'm not sure what some others expect. This is the perfect place to stay for the budget traveller... especially if you did miss the ferry!

Room Tip: If you can get the room downstairs, great, less stairs!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jayden P
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Excellent option in La Ceiba for a budget hotel. Very safe. Great internet. Cold beer. Peter, the owner, will go out of his way to help you with wherever you need to go at all hours of the morning (I had to leave at 4:30 to catch a bus.) Not only is he helpful with getting people around the country, he is also a great resource for the many activities around La Ceiba. I took Peter's advice and visited Cayos Cochinos and loved it so much I went back another day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I read some good reviews about it so I decided to try the hotel the one night I stayed at La Ceiba. The staff is friendly, the internet is good, there is a desktop computer for free use, but the hotel isnt placed in a good location, the beds are not confortable (I stayed in a douple room, both beds were broken) and I had a problem going out. I decided to went out and asked the staff if arriving late would be a problem; they told me not at all, just ring the bell. Conclusion: I came back around 1:30 and stayed outside for almost half hour waiting...and we know honduras isnt the safest place in the world...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Brothers & sisters here i am again being relentless, I remember this guest very well as i instructed him that it was pass hours as he was going out & to be careful being out on the streets that late by himself & to just ring the bell once, reason being well our guests have to get some rest & get to their destinations early the next day whether it is to the ferry ,airport, or bus stations & this is top priority for us. 75% of our customers are on transit so we try to keep the place quiet....by any means necessary...lol
Now it was 3.00 AM in the morning when he came in under the influence of alcohol & rang the bell more than once so i did tell him not to disturb the other guests as he had to go in the dorm room not the private room...Now we reserve the right of admission & will exercise this right if our quality of service becomes compromise...
We try beyond our best & go out of our way to take care of our guests,and when i say this i mean it literally ....Cheers mates see u soon....