“A few days in Ceiba”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“A few days in Ceiba”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I am sooo going back to this paradise in Honduras! And if you're looking for super-cool and very helpful guys, El Estadio is great. They gave us a better room than we paid for and connected us with tours, etc.
it's not ritzy but sufficient. And a short walk tAkes u to the beach as well. Definitely do the Hot Springs and Los Cayos Cuchinos! Wow.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I arrived in the late afternoon and was met at the hostel by Peter, the owner. Upon arrival Peter handed me a beer and showed me to my room. I stayed in the corner room on the third floor, it was clean and had an AC unit that operated quite well. Since it was a Sunday evening and many resturants were closed, Peter ordered in dinner (Chicken plate with rice and potatoes for $6) which was delish!

There were several other backpackers at the hostel who were all taking the ferry the following day to Utila. This is basic accommodation, but the staff is friendly, and has a good backpacker vibe.

Pros:
Good wifi
Helpful staff
Good vibe

Cons:
Key was missing to our room (previous guest had broken it in the door). It wasn't an issue and I felt safe at all times.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
La Ceiba, Honduras
Reviewed 26 June 2014

this the best hostel in la ceiba its have good service nice people and in very good prices i very enjoy my stay here plus the food i had breakfast omelet it was delicious ,the balcony and the hammocks were comfy as well as the room the A/C is a plus is the room being that is summer time here....Also the owner /manager Peter and his staff really go out of their way for their guests...
cheers

Room Tip: rooms on the third floor are magnificent
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
McCall
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great location: it was always easy to tell the cab drivers to take you to El Estadio, they'd always know where that is...security is great... Balconies were perfect, right over the street...rooms we're clean enough, and cool enough, and a great price...Owners we super helpfull...you could walk right on to downtown La Ceiba, easy. When I go back, I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Rented a private room with my friend and I as we were transiting from the mainland to the islands. Peter was SUPER friendly, met up with us at San Pedro Sula airport and drove us to the hotel for a good price. He also personally drove us to the nearby bank later that day when we were floundering around looking lost in this rather sketchy part of town. Felt safe in the hotel despite the location and very much appreciated the locked front door (as we were VERY concerned about safety during this trip). Peter was also more than willing to make some phone calls to arrange a tour for us to Pico Bonito the next day. Breakfast in the morning was also great! No complaints at all :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice on my to Utila and on my return and I couldn't have had a better experience. On my way the owner picked me up from the bus stop at night, helped me find an ATM because I had stupidly run low and dropped me off again in the morning to the ferry. Then on my way back I was able to arrange with him a morning white water rafting and then a shuttle to Leon the following day all arranged before I arrived! A really personal experience from the place which is especially appreciated due to the long travel days it takes to get there and leave. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were travelling to Utila in Honduras and had to stop over in La Ceiba for the night. We heard the city can be dangerous and to get a taxi straight to your accommodation once getting off the bus, but it didn't seem too bad. This hostel was cheap, clean, and had very friendly staff. We got in very late but they were still able to order us dinner which i was so grateful for. And they arranged our transfer taxi to the ferry too! It's not the fanciest place and the bathroom wasn't great but it was overall clean and had aircon too which was really good!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends