“Horrible - not recommended”
Review of Gran Hotel Paris

Gran Hotel Paris
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We only stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Roatan, and this may be why we had the worst room going!

The room was dirty, curtains didn't shut, bed was u comfortable, towels were not clean and the air-conditioning was broken and dripped water all night. Need I say more. If you're strapped for cash this may be something you're willing to put up with, but I wouldn't say the hotel was that cheap at about £50 per night.

The pool area looked ok and I do wonder if we were put in the one night only section...

Still if it can be avoided, avoid it!

Room Tip: Don't choose the ones above the reception, maybe the ones overlooking the pool are better.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sunna_Mark

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Hotel Paris is probably not the answer to the dreams of a typical american or european tourist, but actually the place is quite all right. The staff are really nice, the price is fine and the atmosphere of a hotel which is past it's prime but still going strong is pretty cosy. The quality of the rooms differ a lot, and you can't be sure to reach the wifi if your room has windows towards the street.
The pool is nice, and the place is kind of a hang out for americans and europeans working and/or living in Honduras - the last could turn out to be a huge advantadge for you...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Mikkel B B
Reviewed 30 August 2011

we stayed here for one night on our way to roatan. Our room was something out of a horror show. i don't know if it was the worst room in the place or if all the rooms were this bad. It smelled, the only window was a full length monstrosity that faced the public bus station. The service was ok. The pool area seemed alright for the most part, we didn't swim. The bar was good. it was definitely overpriced for the quality of the room. $20 would have been a more appropriate price. skip this place and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed at Hotel Gran Paris for one night in July 2011 based on the positive reviews I saw here. The rooms were, like everyone says, aging but adequate. At the price I paid, however, I had several unacceptable problems with this hotel. To start with, the room safe was broken. Worse, I was woken up somewhere around 5am by loud noises in the hall, only to discover a hotel employee and several armed security guards arguing with another guest (it appeared to be an eviction of some kind).

Worst of all, however, was that the very fancy, well presented hotel restaurant made both myself and my girlfriend horribly ill for a week. After 10 days in Honduras, everywhere from the jungle to the beach, this was the only place to make me sick. I shudder to think at what unsanitary or inadequate food preparation is allowed here.

Luckily we stayed at this hotel on our way back through La Ceiba... if we had started our vacation here, Hotel Gran Paris would have ruined it. I recommend you search elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zachary96
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We were en route to Roatan and needed a place for the night. We were pleasantly surprised by the Gran Hotel Paris. Although it was in the central part of the city we had a safe and quiet night. I have read negative comments about the quality of the beds...ours was very satisfactory. The room was clean, supplies of soap, shampoo, and toilet paper were generous. The internet was available and working. We thought the service was friendly and helpful. I think the big draw of this place is the setting. The rooms are built around a central pool and the thatched shelters add a tropical charm. Our meals were a bit disappointing. I think the buffet breakfast would have been a wiser choice as the Continental breakfast was disappointing. For a one night stay it was great.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ibunning
Reviewed 1 February 2011

the gran hotel paris has a good central location, right opposite the town square. it's in decent condition (showers and linens are so-so) and the hotel is fine for my purposes (one night stays, prior to catching the ferry to utila or for a shopping trip to la ceiba). i certainly wouldn't stay here for a vacation, nor would i stay in la ceiba for one.
as some previous reviewers have stated the best part of the hotel is the pool and bar, that's why most people who come back as return guests are there.
i think the main selling points of this hotel are that its reasonably safe, has a pool and is cheaper than the la quinta real at the beach.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank divenuts
Reviewed 11 December 2010

The best reason to stay at the Gran Hotel Paris is that you are going to or coming from Plantation Beach Resort on Los Cayos Cochinos. This is the hotel at which you will be picked up and where you will be dropped off so it is very convenient. It is located in the centre of town, has free wifi in the lobby (which reaches up to my second floor deck), has a nice pool, and feels like an oasis. I am a solo woman traveler and feel quite safe and secure here. The staff have been helpful and the public areas are pleasant spaces. My room is very basic (double bed, TV, air conditioning, tile floors, bathroom) but it is clean and comfortable. I am paying 655 lempiras for one night because I was a guest at Plantation Beach Resort. I am not on a tight budget so this seems quite reasonable to me.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo