Quinta Real Hotel and Convention Center
  • Breakfast included
US$67
US$64
  • Pool
Hotel El Estadio(La Ceiba)(Great Value!)
US$28
Hotels.com
US$99
US$96
Hotel Las Hamacas(La Ceiba)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$48
Hotel Carnaval(La Ceiba)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$40
  • Breakfast included
US$179
US$151
US$110
US$106
TripAdvisor
Hotel La Aurora(La Ceiba)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsinternet servicepool barnice place to staya lot of noiserecommend hotelan overnight stayhot watergympalapainfrastructurelinens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2008

We stayed here one night before heading to Roatan. We arrived late, but had a fantastic time at the pool bar speaking with a very friendly bartender. The staff was very kind and helpful, room was clean and great view and patio! On the way home from Roatan we traveled through La Ceiba from the ferry dock and found out when we arrived there was a taxi strike. I still had the number to the hotel and they were AMAZING in helping us out with transportation back to the hotel so we could hang out by the pool and get lunch, then provided us with transportation to the airport (or as far as we could get due the bridges being blocked). I don't know what we would have done if we hadn't stayed at this hotel and without all of their help. Although I don't think this is a week long resort stay (La Ceiba is not the place to vacation), it is highly recommended for stop overs to Roatan!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jam1616
Reviewed 19 March 2008

They were terrible to me and my family. Their staff was rude, would not return messages and the place looks much better in the pictures than it actually is. They promised so much on the website, but did not come through. Do yourself a favor, whatever you, do not stay here.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 1 March 2008

Make sure to not to book your reservation with them through Expedia. What a nightmare! We made a reservation for 4 nights for approximately $120 a night through expedia. The hotel then called us directly stating that they could not honor the expedia reservation and instead would require us to stay for 7 nights for $220 a night instead the advertised rate of $120 on the expedia website.

Trying to get a representative to cancel the reservation was a nightmare as well. Based on the this experience, I would not recommend staying at this hotel. If a hotel offers a certain price and number of days and this is confirmed, the fact that they call to dishonor your reservation afterwards is just bad business.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 8 January 2008

i stayed there a while back in june. i am going back there this month of jan. 08.
service was very friendly. THEY DO NOT HAVE A ROOM SAFE!@!! make no mistake about it. also, they do not have any scuba diving. there site is misleading like that. they advertise it, when you get there they tell you there is a agencey in town that can arrange something for a small fee. they charge you more because you are a foriegner. there lock safe is with the management. they give you a key and they keep one of them. i did not like that. although nothing happened. they stand over you while you are in there. they pretty much watch you with what you put in there. other then the guy calling me @ 8am telling me he loved me after a night out at the clubs, the hotel was great. computers, samll gift shop, on the beach, pool, bar at the pool, and the bar there as you walk out of it is real cool as well. and its near all the fun places there in ceibe

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank broncsyanks
Reviewed 16 December 2007

In 12/2007, my wife and I stayed in a room on the eastern end of the hotel (away from the late night bar across the street). Not only was the room quiet, but it was very nice (clean and everything worked), with a balcony overlooking their very pretty pool and the Gulf of Mexico. The Quinta Real is a fairly new facility on the downtown beachfront. The restaurant was decent, and the staff were very courteous and helpful. Quite importantly, the hotel was very reasonably priced at $110 p/night. Additionaly, the hotel is located close enough to be able to walk to all downtown places, or to take one of the many taxis for $1. Unfortunately, the hotel did not have a website for a direct booking, so I had to use a travel agent. I absolutely would return to this hotel if visiting La Ceiba

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jrruff