“La Quinta Real”

Quinta Real Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A good hotel on a nice stretch of beach in La Ceiba. We've been staying here for years, as it is a convenient stopover on the way to Roatán from the capital. The staff is solid: helpful, cheerful and attentive. The rooms are pretty nice; however, the only knock is the fact that the bathrooms tend to be dark. Upon arriving this time, a strong odor greeted us as the bellman opened the door to our room. We advised the front desk and they promptly moved us to another room. Points for great service and "making it right" without thinking twice. We had a great 3rd story view of the sea, and even slept with the sliding glass door open. The breakfast buffet is a super way to start the day--a large array of options, including omelets and typical breakfast items; however, the staff can be overwhelmed by the large number of guests arriving between 830 and 930 am, so be patient and remember that old adage about "island time." Overall, I am happy with the hotel's service, location and quality of the rooms. I would definitely recommend the Quinta Real for those heading to La Ceiba, Honduras.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Beautiful hotel on the beach with delicious hot breakfast. Stores and restaurants in walking distant. I will definitely recommend hotel Quinta Real especially if your planning to go to Roatan or Cayo Coshino.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I returned to Ceiba on a recreational trip this time and decided to go back to Quinta Real since my last trip was a success. Once again was greeted by the friendly staff who treated me like returning relative. The room was clean spacious and had an excellent view, all pretty much standard for this property.

In this last visit i decided to have dinner in a nearby restaurant called La Palapa ( great food by the way). Upon leaving the restaurant a small brawl started to happen on a different location across the street, the security staff of the hotel recognized me as one of their patrons and went out of their way to make sure I could return to the hotel unharmed. They also kept vigil in the perimeter of the property to make sure none of the "undesirables" had any access to the hotel patrons or its facilities. THIS IS WHY I DON'T MIND PAYING a little extra for this hotel. I know that I will be safe and will be able to rest because "my extended family" will take care of me.

I will be back, without a doubt!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have the best view and some of them even have balconies
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank consiglieri
Reviewed 24 June 2014

well, it is right on the beach and that is the big plus. We found it to be quite isolated as far
as other things to do and places to eat. We took cabs to eat and shop. The staff is quite helpful and the food at the Hotel is good. There are beautiful views but like everyone else has said, it is
clean but needs updating. Also, the beach is just not one of those pristene ones. Nice pools on site.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jerry F
Reviewed 11 April 2014

the ferry was cancelled for the day so we had to lay over.... decent pool, clean room... on the beach but you don't want to swim there.. near restaurants, safe, quiet and good enough for the night....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lauren728
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Location of the hotel is average. Although directly on the beach, the beach is dirty and polluted. There is a bar/grill across the road and a few others up the beach. Short walk into the centre of La Ceiba.

My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. However it was dated and in need of renovations. For the price (US$95/night), value for money was questionable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kalaharigeorge
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel at the end of our vacation as a place to recuperate and prepare to come home. It is beautiful with granite and marble everywhere! The rooms where spacious and clean and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on!

If I make it back to the La Cieba, I'll be staying there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
#4 of 22 in La Ceiba
Art Deco Beach
Art Deco Beach
#18 of 22 in La Ceiba

Been to Quinta Real Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quinta Real Hotel and Convention Center

Address: Bo. La Isla, Zona Viva | Between Ave. 15 de Sept. and Ave. Victor Hugo, La Ceiba AT1100, Honduras
Region: Honduras > Atlantida Department > La Ceiba
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in La Ceiba
Price Range: £76 - £112 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Quinta Real Hotel and Convention Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Quinta Real Hotel and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quinta Real Hotel La Ceiba