“Good as Expected!”

Holiday Inn Express San Pedro Sula
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
“Good as Expected!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel is well located in the city of San Pedro Sula.

The people at front desk were very kind and the knew from the beginning the status of IHG membership. They already have me upgraded to a premium room without asking me. Nice.

The included breakfast is good and they have a NATURAL delicious orange juice.

The only thing that I don't like is the shower. The water pressure is very low and it is very difficult to setup the correct water temperature.

My first room had the shower broke and they changed me to another room, where the shower was ok but the pressure still very low.

Prices is good for what you get.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mandrake29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
UK
Reviewed 25 February 2014

All the staff here were very helpful, welcoming and friendly - something I would like to write of more hotels these days (see some of my other reviews of so-called higher end places). Room was nice, spacious and clean with a good view and all amenities. A fridge would have been nice, or at least an ice machine easily accessible. Front desk staff also doubled as concierge services, arranging cars and giving recommendations of places to eat. Would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Room on the front is better for the view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is a relatively new hotel. It is a typical Holiday Inn Express of recent construction, and this means clean looking facilities with nice rooms and some basic services. I like the rooms because they are larger than the average Holiday Inn I have stayed at in the US, nice glass desk with plenty of wall electric outlets and good speed internet access. The breakfast is included, but it use to have a very limited selection of foods. During this last stay, they have added several options to the breakfast buffet. I didn't use the gym, but the person at the front desk told me they have also added several exercising machines. One of my complaints about this hotel is that the hallways are not air conditioned and when it gets hot in San Pedro Sula, you can feel the heat as soon as you step out of your room.

1 Thank Francisco M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Francisco M,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you liked our hotel facilities and rooms. Please accept our apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the lack of air conditioning system in the hallways. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to serve you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is a relatively new hotel that looks great on the outside and as you enter the lobby. The evening front desk staff person was friendly and service-oriented when I checked into the hotel. The daytime front desk person was also friendly and tried to be helpful. However, this is the only brand-name hotel in Central America where I could not obtain high speed access using Safari. (I stay in brand-name hotels, in part, for their dependability including internet access.) Both a manager and their tech person attempted to provide the service, but they could not make it work. When the first coffee maker did not work, I requested a replacement, the midnight shift front desk person told me that breakfast would be served with coffee in 30 minutes. Finally, he agreed to look for another. That second did not work normally either. No iron or ironing board in the room. When I requested them, housekeeping brought a minature iron and ironing board. When I asked about Kleenex in the room, the front desk person indicated that they don't stock Kleenex-type tissues. This Holiday Inn Express does not live up to the brand expectations.

1 Thank Randy J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Randy J,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am grateful for the positive comments you have given to our hotel staff. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide superior, comfortable and friendly accommodations. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to room amenities and internet connection. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed in this Hotel a couple of months ago and for my surprise during this week visit, there were some good improvements, the express breakfast improved greatly, now there is a better and more variety of food, also for my surprise they placed at the gym a complete gym for strength and a good dumbbells set.
Definitively I will remain staying at this hotel as some more things are coming ahead.!!!
Nice experience!

1 Thank Berquin S
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express San Pedro Sula this week. Overall, the best of the hotels I have stayed at in various visits to the city. I had a corner room on the 8th floor, very large, comfortable bed, excellent internet connection, excellent air conditioning, and nice large safety deposit box. Good housekeeping service. Only negative in the room was the water pressure in the bathroom, which was not as good as I would have expected for the level of hotel. Breakfast was also a bit disappointing - only fresh fruit offered was apples and bananas - why no freshly sliced papaya, pineapple, water melon, etc? Location of the hotel is good, fairly quiet, and near to a couple of shopping malls and plenty of 'chain' restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank El-Yuca-Ingles
Placencia, Belize
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Visited SPS on business with a colleague and found Holiday Inn Express to be the perfect location to suit our needs. The hotel is new and the rooms are clean. Mario at the front desk/night audit was very pleasant and helpful. My only complaint is that Housekeeping did not clean my room one day and another day they took all the dirty towels and did not put back clean ones.

We did not try the breakfast, but heard from others it was not so great.

Thanks Mario.