“Great facility, pleasant stay”

Hotel Gran Mediterraneo
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Reviewed 10 December 2013

As you can see from the photos, this is a very attractive facility. The interesting artwork and attractive furniture demonstrate the owners' attention to detail. It was nice to chat with the very pleasant owners. I will definitely stay there again next time I'm in Honduras.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank William O
There are newer reviews for Hotel Gran Mediterraneo

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The service was incredible; the staff was always polite and always willing to help in whatever way they could. Also, the rooms were kept up very well as the beds were very comfortable and the decoration was wonderful. Definitely my top choice for where I stay when I visit San Pedro Sula!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Charlie G
Reviewed 8 November 2013

In Honduras for 3 weeks on business. Think of this establishment as an Inn not a Clarion Suite.Owners and staff are very accommodating and the hotel has a very lovely inn like feel. There are only 65+ rooms;

We choose this hotel because we needed a large room to work and for the first 5 days of our stay did not need to stay in a glass box. Hotel is very secure. Breakfast is great. Wifi free and they do not nickel and dime you like other chains.As for previous comments about safety- we would never walk alone at night anywhere in town- citizen security is an issue that all upscale places address through private security firms- during the day its a short walk to the city center. We cannot every remember staying at such a quiet hotel with great beds.

Room Tip: Rooms are HUGE, they even brought in an extra desk so two of us could work in our room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My brother got married on the month of august the, the reception area was very roomy, the serveware and tableware was classy and elegant.... all the guest were very satisfy with the food... fully recommend it for all your events...

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My boyfriend (now my husband) were looking for a hotel that will make our wedding unforgettable, from little details as decoration to excellent, tasty food. Since the moment my guests and family arrived, the owners and the staff were incredibly kind, personalized, making me and my family feel like at home. The rooms were spacious, the bathroom was a beautiful and elegant combination of marble. The gym has a very nice view which makes it enticing to exercise. My wedding reception looked so gorgeous, the area around the pool specially since the hotel's Mediterranean style made it look incredibly elegant. The food was sooo delicious, when we decided our menu, the owner suggested a small change in the side dish and that twist made a total success of our banquet. Just to mention some of our dishes, we had chicken with figs which was so tasty, broccoli and raisins and nuts salad, the pear potatoes which came in such a delicate presentation, the three peppered beef ...and the desserts, they were absolutely delicious...Our honeymoon suite was huge and the bed was sooo soft but yet so comfortable...I recommend this amazing hotel to travelers who want to have an exquisite, super comfortable luxurious stay in SPS...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I were looking for a hotel to have our wedding reception and we loved this hotel since the moment we walked in! The big day came up and everything was perfect, the setup, the food and the service! My family and I enjoyed the wedding without a single worry on our minds... A lot of our guests stayed at the hotel and everybody was just so excited talking about the great service of the hotel... We can't wait to go back, thanks for everything!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was recently in Honduras and decided to try out this Hotel.My stay here was more than I ever expected.The owners were very eager to help out with great suggestions as for places of interest to see and experience and staff followed the same pattern.
The Mediterranean theme was very well done in terms of decoration and the furniture was amazing.There is a Central Pool which resembles an Egyptian source of water.
We had lunch a couple of times as they offered a complete buffet at a very reasonable price,and their service was more than adequate,
We hope to one day return to this magnificent hotel.

Room Tip: we loved our room .Ask for 309
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
#5 of 37 in San Pedro Sula
Gran Hotel Sula
Gran Hotel Sula
#21 of 37 in San Pedro Sula

Been to Hotel Gran Mediterraneo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Gran Mediterraneo

Address: Barrio Guamilito 4 avenida 6 calle | una cuadra arriba de La Prensa, San Pedro Sula CT1100, Honduras (Formerly Clarion Suites Mediterraneo)
Region: Honduras > Cortes Department > San Pedro Sula
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Price Range: £88 - £96 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Gran Mediterraneo 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Gran Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.