“I would give a 4.7 if I could”
Review of Guacamaya Inn B&B

and 1 more site!
Guacamaya Inn B&B
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am not sure I can, so I will give them a 5 and deduct a tiny bit. I stayed there the third time a week ago. My visits to SPS include stays at two other hotels and I asked to come back to Guacamaya instead for several reasons: location for me is excellent; the staff cannot be more helpful or friendly; the rooms are always clean; I feel safe while being able to step out on the street only a couple of feet away; AC and hot water work perfectly; the layout, while intimate, is welcoming, especially the walled in garden for breakfast. I give only a very small discount for some dated lamps and curtains, but these hardly detract from an otherwise perfect stay. Go there and be happy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had to go to San Pedro Sula for work, and the hotel that I had booked sold my room (I won't say the name to give them a second chance, will really think about it!) so I called a friend so she could recommend a hotel and Guacamaya Inn B&B was the one.

The people working at the hotel were very nice and polite. I had to eat breakfast at 5:30 a.m. and they had no problem at all in making me coffee, leaving some cereal, milk and cookies.
The hotel is very colorful, very clean, great location. If you take your car, they have four parkings. They have a 24 hour service, there is always somebody to help you at the reception.
It does not have a pool, the price is not cheap for a B&B, but I will definitely recommend it.

The only thing I recommend to the hotel, is that they should change the bed sheets every time a new client arrives. It should be a MUST!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Gucamaya Inn is a nice small hotel that is located in a convenient and safe location in San Pedro Sula; this hotel has 10 rooms ranging from 1 person up to 6 people. Each room is nicely decorated and comes with 32” LCD TVs with DVD player, Air Conditioner, celling fan, safe, refrigerator, ironing board, and a small desk for a laptop. The rooms get clean daily, no foul or unusual odors from the rooms, restrooms, and beds. Restrooms get sanitized daily.
Safety: the hotel is located in a safe area in San Pedro Sula. Hotel staffs are vetted thoroughly before getting hired, hence, the hotel is safe and there is no concern about theft of your belonging. The hotel has 24/7 surveillance system in addition to guard.
Location: This hotel is located within a walking distance from several points of interests in SPS. The hotel is located within five minutes walking distance to “Plaza Mall” and 12 minutes walking distance to “City Center Mall”, the hotel is within Two minutes walking distance from a bar and restaurant located in the Copantl hotel. Also, Gucamaya hotel is with six minutes walking distance to intercontinental and holiday inn express hotels. Additionally, the Gucamaya hotel is within a walking distance from hospitals, pharmacies, and entertainment areas.
Gucamaya hotel offers a complementary and clean breakfast: including eggs, pancakes, fruits, coffee, cereal, toast with butter and honey. Also, the hotel provides free internet and the use of the kitchen if you want to cook something simple or reheat your food. Laundry service is offered in the hotel for a fee.
The people staying in this hotel are mostly business people from Honduras and other surrounding countries, in addition to independent foreign investors, students, families, and cost-conscious professionals, as well as, people staying for extended period of time.
From personal experience of staying 60 days in Guacamya Inn in the past 3 years, I highly recommend Guacamaya inn hotel, if you looking for a clean, safe, reasonably priced, and personal service.

Room Tip: All the eight rooms in the main Building are very good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I could talk about the accommodations in this place, but the real experience of this nice hotel is its staff and their attention to the customers. Plus, being close to the city's biggest shopping malls is a plus. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This B&B is situated just at the entrance of the city, which makes it a perfect place to stay if you have to get to/from the airport.
I think Guacamaya Inn has so far been the most professional and friendly place I have stayed in in Honduras; great check-in including all the information necessary, you get a cool jar of water brought to your room, there is great internet and the colorful rooms are a real pleasure!
In the morning I even got shown to the breakfast room and introduced to the lady making breakfast by name! There are some lovely choices and you can get as much juice and coffee as you want to.
While for solo travellers it is on the more expensive side, this B&B offers the current B&B prices in San Pedro Sula, yet gives you the little extra
I hope to be able to stay there again soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ChrisMos84
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here 4 nights when we arrived in San Pedro Sula on a stop over to Belize and when we left San Pedro Sula . Great location you can walk to the mall from this safe location. Their breakfasts are good , rooms clean and what host , Roberto, Nancy , Jamie and Jeffrey . They will do anything for you pick up and drop offs to the airport . arrange to rent a car for you , exchange USD for lempiras , laundry , I guess just about anything . So helpfull . Comfy beds, good wifi .All I can say is we highly recommend them

Room Tip: #3 on the back is quiet , fridge isn't get very cold though
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Traveled via SPS on our way to Utila and stayed here based on other TripAdvisor reviews. The staff are lovely folks, and most are English speaking which helped us immensely. Promptly responded to all email inquiries as we booked our night, met our flight, got a short tour of the neighborhood, a recommendation for shopping & dinner, and a trip to the bus station in plenty of time the next morning. The breakfast service included choices of eggs, pancakes, etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple