this was my fourth stay at the intercontinental over the last five years and this time i saw a big improvement since my last visit.
in the past i thought the rooms were fine but the doormen and the location were the best thing about the hotel. the food was really bad (other than the breakfast buffet) and the whole atmosphere of the hotel was impersonal and sterile.
since my last visit, the lobby, bar and pool area have been spruced up and they have added a new restaurant that specializes in steak and lobster. the rooms are nice and the bedding and bathrooms are definitely up to par although i wish they could improve the sound proofing between the rooms (i had a very amorous couple next door to me so i had to turn the t.v. volume up to block the sounds)
the bar now serves sushi (so-so. i'm not sure why, when honduras has both pacific and caribbean coasts, the sushi served is mostly made from non native fish such as salmon and those horrible imitation crab sticks. why would anyone bother importing fake crab to honduras?) and the atmosphere around the bar and pool was nice in the evenings. expect to meet lots of international business travelers and well heeled locals entertaining friends and clients.
the intercontinental is certainly the closest thing san pedro sula has to an international business class hotel, you won't know you're in san pedro sula but if you're concerned about visiting honduras that may not be such a bad thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula Hotel is located within Multiplaza Mall shopping complex, in the heart of the entertainment and business district. Just a few steps from our lobby you will find stores, boutiques, coffee shops and other venues. This hotel is the place to work and play in a safe and fun environment. Three onsite unique concept restaurants provide options for great dining without leaving the hotel. Bambú restaurant offers international and local cuisine and its buffet is recognized for its rich local flavor. Factory Steak and Lobster is a local favorite for enjoying prime cuts and lobster. The trendy atmosphere at Nau Sushi Lounge is the place to have fun, listen to live music and have the best sushi in town with handcrafted cocktails. The hotel's lounge style terrace is where visitors unwind and enjoy drinks next to the pool and tropical gardens. Our rooms are designed to deliver the best rest. All our guestrooms feature high speed streaming Internet, soundproof windows, total blackout curtains, ultra-sumptuous bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, HD-LCD TV, ample work desk with an ergonomic chair, alarm clock with mobile docking station and a spacious bathroom with wide shower head. At the executive lounge, guests can have a complimentary breakfast and in the evening enjoy complimentary hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. Our fitness center is fully equipped for all your training needs. Enjoy a fabulous massage or sauna. Complimentary parking is available. On your next visit to San Pedro Sula stay with us and have a great time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Pedro Sula Hotel San Pedro Sula
- San Pedro Sula Intercontinental