“Excellent service and response”

Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Bonao, Dominican Republic
“Excellent service and response”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Over the past 12 years I have stayed in this hotel and I have seen the various improvements but during my current stay I must say the hotel has improved and it continuing to improve. The staff at the front desk are very helpful and service is really up to to the Inter continental standard. In fact I would like to thank Miguel on the 8th floor for being such a good person and making sure everything is properly in place and my glass is always full. I would also like to thank the concierge for help arrange taxi service and providing suggestions for dinner. Lastly I would like To say the Factory Steak restaurant is one of the best in San Pedro Sula. Thanks again and I look forward to my return take care and see everyone soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
fernandezb, General Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 20 March 2014

We truly appreciate your review of your stay, and specially your review about our staff and the detailed impressions of our improvements. It makes us very happy to see that our latest renovations are appreciated by our most loyal and frequent customers.

We hope to keep surprising you with the best service in San Pedro Sula, and for your next visit, you should visit again Factory Steak&Lobster, since some new creations by our international chef will be filling our most demanding customers appetites.

Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Heredia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel offers a great environment for guests to enjoy many restaurant options, beautiful pool area, comfortable, well-appointed rooms and bathrooms and is a safe, quick drive to the SAP International Airport (15-25mins depending on time of day). The lobby and its extension into the garden and pool area offers lots of varied seating to relax and enjoy ---well designed. Our dinner and the breakfast buffet in the morning were both delicious, well presented and included friendly, knowledgeable accessible staff. I thought it was included in our stay but it wasn't - (fyi)

We used the hotel's after hours taxi service that picks guests up at the airport if their flight arrives after dark (ours was 9pm, I think) The driver was very nice and had a sign with our names but, keep in mind not all cars in Honduras have license plates (don't be worried as I initially was) as the government is inefficient in giving them to drivers in a timely manner. This was something that surprised me as he loaded our bags into the taxi so take note.

I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again. I appreciated how reasonably priced and in keeping with Central American prices both the menu options and room accommodations were. Thank you for making this an affordable San Pedro Sula option.

A few suggestions:
I would encourage the hotel to offer more eco-friendly options for its guests and the hotel environment in the future like other Intercontinental's offer. One example is that the lobby bathrooms, computer room, meeting room,hallways, etc. should not be lit 24/7. No need. Instead, a light sensor should be installed in each space to save on electricity and only turn on when someone is using a specific space. Also, there should be recycling recepticles in the lobby for guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
fernandezb, General Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Katma_12,

Thank you very much for your detailed review about our hotel, and your stay with us. We are very thankful to all your comments and good ideas, which some of them we are actually discussing to implement them very soon. We are starting in the next few days a new reciclying program for all customer and employees of the hotel.

It is definitely a pleasure to host customers like you, which besides enjoying our hotel, also give us good ideas on how to keep improving our daily experiences with all different guests from all over the world.

Thanks again for all you feedback and we look forward seeing you very soon.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We spent four nights here. Our room was nice; service was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had dinner on the covered patio by the pool twice. We also watched the Super Bowl in the lounge. The server brought dish after dish of snacks for our enjoyment. The restaurant was excellent as well. A mall is located across the parking lot. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
fernandezb, Director General at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thanks TravelingGal for your great review! We are happy to see that you enjoyed our restaurant Factory Steak&Lobster and the bar Nau Lounge, where all the big sport events happen!

Greetings to Idaho, and we look forward hosting you soon!
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Been traveling to San Pedro Sula for 6 years and this is best hotel because of service and common areas. Two restaurants on site, good fitness center, nice pool area and next to mall.
Clean and bright rooms

Room Tip: All are the same
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank reeldiamnd
fernandezb, Director General at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review, and thank you very much for staying with us for the last 6 years. We hope you can keep enjoying our property for your stays in San Pedro Sula.

Have a great day!
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Generally speaking, this hotel is a solid representation of the Intercontinental brand. The common areas and my room were of a standard to be expected of this brand.

Unfortunately, the front desk staff were a poor representation of the brand. Upon checking in, I requested assistance in contacting Australia and in securing transportation to take me to some of San Pedro Sula's more dangerous areas. The staff indicated I would be contacted in my room by the concierge. After 90 minutes I approached reception to follow up. The front desk staff indicated the concierge was "working on it". I sought out the concierge (as my requests weren't excessively complicated) and was informed he had left to go home. I returned to the front desk, who then pointed to another staffmember, indicating he was now working on my requests. The staffmember was at that point talking to a group of people so I remained unclear as to 1) how the concierge was working on my requests from home and 2) how the new staffmember was working on my requests while speaking with other people.

Thankfully, my agitated response attracted the attention of Jessica and Melquicedet, who were both understanding and exceptional at actually attending to my requests!!!

My thanks to both of them!

Room Tip: Mention my name at the front desk...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Rick,

Thanks for your comments about staying with us in San Pedro Sula, and also for your gratitude towards Jessica and Melquicedet which tried to help and assist with your requests. Also let us apologize for the inconvenience you had at trying to get some transportation to explore some áreas of the city.
Hopefully you had the chance to get to see what you were looking for.

We really hope you had a great stay in our hotel!
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here two nights - one on either end of our trip to Honduras, as our flight in arrived late at night and our flight out left very early. As these were short stays we didn't have a ton of staff interactions, both those that we did have were all excellent. The front desk person that checked us in at 11PM was very friendly and quick, which we much appreciated as we were dying to get to bed. On our second stay, the front desk person remembered my name! The beds were sooo comfortable and the showers were fantastic (although the edge of the tub is excessively high and I bruised my knee miscalculating how high I needed to step to get in). The taxi and shuttle drivers they worked with were also all very pleasant, and the front desk people were very helpful in breaking the obnoxiously large bills that ATMs insist on dispensing. There were a few little details that weren't attended to the way I expect from the InterContinental brand (the stopper on the sink unhooked and was stuck shut, luckily this had recently happened at home so I knew how to fix it without getting a maintenance person involved at 11PM; there was a hole in the bathroom wall where there clearly used to be a phone; regardless of what temperature you set it to, having the AC on made the room COLD), which is why it's not a perfect 5, but I would not hesitate for a second to book this hotel again or to recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
fernandezb, Director General at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear parslane,

Thanks for staying with us, even tough your final destination was not San Pedro Sula, it is always great to host people at the begining or at the end of their trips, so you can always keep us in mind as the Intercontintental Brand, and also as a great and comfortable hotel in the city.

We hope you visit Honduras soon, and then go to the ruins in Copan or the islands in the caribbean if you missed any of those in your last trip.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Room was very clean and secure. Restaurants were great! Staff VERY friendly and honest. Case in point: I accidentally left my college ring in hotel room upon checkout. Called hotel from The States to see if maid had turned it in. She did! Hotel Manager helped me get it back. The ring is very sentimental to me, and probably worth half a year's wages to some of the people in Honduras. I highly recommend this hotel when visiting San Pedro Sula.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear CAJENK,

We strieve to give the best service to our guests, but even more, we know that travelers need to feel like home when they are away. That is why we do our best to make you feel that way, and working with loyal, honest and good people make this much easier for everybody.

About the ring, we are very happy that you got it back and it was great helping you and also hosting you with us..

Have a wonderful day and hopefully see you soon!