Metrotel is a convent hôtel, near airport, clean and friendly. The pool is nice, volleyball court, children't playground in great large garden. Birds and iguanas roam among the plants. There is a continental breakfast as .
We were told a family member owns the restaurant next door, Larsons. Larsons has a nice bakery and fair to good food. The staff is very nice. One thing did spoil our dinner there….. on the bill was stamped in English "no tip included, we recommend a 20% tip". This did not seem correct because the standard tip Honduras is 10%. I ask the cashier what was stamped on the bill in Spanish, he admitted it was a recommended tip of 10%. That is just wrong, to ask gringos (we stay at Metrotel often and eat at Larsons often as well) for a 20% tip and others for 10%. We were disappointed in this action and hope the owners will remove this inconsistency. It feels like we were being taken advantage of…. not very welcoming. Larsons probably would not thrive without gringos as it is the restaurant for Metrotel and not near town or much else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Honduran Hospitality . Your home away from home! The Metrotel Express is a family business and had the pleasure of serving business travelers and tourists for over ten years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Metrotel Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metrotel Express Hotel San Pedro Sula
- Microtel San Pedro Sula
- Metrotel Express San Pedro Sula