“Best healthy alternative!”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
“Best healthy alternative!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great food, Great service, great price! I usually visited this place 4 times a week and have no complaints.

Visited June 2014

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I went at El Portal de las Carnes with a business group. It was very dissapointed...

We asked for a Peruvian Ceviche, wich looks like a soup... it was awful... not only the flavor but the looks.
Plus, we specifically asked the waiter , for one of the ceviches, to do it only with fish, because the person was kind of allergic to shrimp. Not only brought the ceviche with shrimp, but they refused to serve it again.... the only thing they did, was to take aside the shrimps!!!! that means this person could have a severe reaction to the leftovers of shrimp in his ceviche.

It is a nice place... but I think they are missing some service oriented to details.

Not a good option value for money...

• Visited May 2014
Puerto Rico
“Courteous Service, Mouthwatering Tender Steaks”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Nothing better than tender, juicy steaks you can cut with your fork. I had a business dinner at this well recommended traditional Honduran steakhouse and was immediatly impressed with the service. All I had to do was look up and there was our waiter. We began with some "Jamon Serrano", Manchego Cheese and garlic bread, which you order by weight. We all had steaks; several ordered filet mignon, but I ordered a filet of local beef. They placed on the table a service of 6 different sauces/toppings; from chimichurri, several different hot suaces, pickled onions and peppers, mustard suace, etc., etc. I tried them all on the bread and each was delicious and different. But when I tasted my steak, perfectly cooked and seasoned, the sauces would have spolied its flavor...I thoughroughly enjoyed it "al natural" - and the price; unexpected. For five, appetizers, two bottles of wine and steaks all around - U$246.00 - heavenly pleasure on earth!

• Visited March 2014
UK
“Very good indeed”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Good attentive but not overbearing or obsequious service. Personal attention made us feel welcome and valued. Starter was different but ordinary (perfectly acceptable, no complaints) but the main of steak was both an excellent cut, perfectly cooked and a sauce to match - well done chef! Wine was also very good, as was the selection, and the overall experience was so good we both had desert!

Visited February 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Great Place for Dinner”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

About 40 of us had dinner on the patio one evening. The menu had been pre-selected so we didn't see the menu to know all the available choices. The meat was cooked on an outdoor grill where we could smell it (yum). The meal was served buffet style with four different meats, as well as frijoles, potatoes and other items. The setting was good and service was good.

• Visited February 2014