“Cool atmosphere pretty good food.”
Review of El Patio

El Patio
Ranked #10 of 196 Restaurants in Tegucigalpa
Price range: US$7 - US$105
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The best Typical Honduran Restaurant! Opened since 1977, the only restaurant in Honduras to have ever received a recommendation from the most influential newspaper, the New York Times. Its a MOST if you visit Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed 17 October 2013

It's a Tegucigalpa institution. I thought it was pretty good. I'd go again. The grilled meat came out cooked to temperature, and you for sure, will not leave hungry.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The wait staff was great! Very energetic and happy. Food was a great option for the city, better than most we visited. We had an extremely large group and they did great accommodating us. The cheese and chips were amazing! Overall a great restaurant.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was pleasantly delighted when my private tour guide took me here. He said it was a little pricey and if I was ok with it. It was pricey but not as high as some of the restaurants I am used to in Chicago, New York, and Miami. The food was well portioned, great presentation and very tasty. I loved the appetizers they brought, the cheese and chips, wow!! Also the pinchos (kebabs) were really lovely. The ambiance and decorations add to the wonder of the food. The service was friendly and the restaurant was clean and had the air and feel of the country.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Every time I return to Tegucigalpa this time honored tradition is always a part of my trip. Everything about it keeps me coming back. The food and service is always very good. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

if you're looking for a very typical Honduran restaurant, you really MUST go to El Patio. It has a great atmosphere in the "open type" of restaurant.

Coming with a group? This is the place to go. Their multi-person dishes are the best deals to go with. Gives you all the variation and joy to share.

Note that this is Honduran food.... The food quality to THEIR standards is really good. Compared to "western" standards I would state that the food is of good quality, might actually be BETTER than US/Canadian standards. But you might notice a bone splitter here and there in your steak. For me that means that a human has taken care of the production... and not a machine ;-)

The local people recommend to eat there. They'll be happy to join you and see it as a treat. Certainly for business people! (for about 100US$ you can feed 6 people easily, including tip and lots of doggy-bags)

If you come in the evening, expect a little band to play some music at your table at a small fee of 100 Lempidas (appr. 5 US$) They play anything local for you. Adds to the experience!