Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall
Hotels.com
Real Colonial Hotel(Tegucigalpa)
US$77
Orbitz.com
All reviewssushinau loungemain restaurantvery nice hoteloutstanding servicepool areaexecutive floorfront desk staffother hotelsgreat breakfast buffetplace to stayexcellent stayclean roomsbusiness tripcentral americamallfactory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2014

In my mind, I thought I was going to stay in the same quality hotel I stayed last year. This year I had a different experience, not with the staff wich are very professional and friendly, but with my accomodations. I could not sleep because I kept hearing Hammering in the morning and afternoon. So I did not get a good night's rest. The Hotel Still Charges 10 dollars a day for WiFi...which is free in other places and for the price I paid it would be nice if it was included. Breakfast in this Hotel is incredibly Expensive. About 25 dollars for the buffett wich I looked at it and was not impressed. Furthermore at the time of my check out I was given a bad surprise, I was told the I owed extra money because I had had breakfast , which I had NOT !! The lady at the front desk kept telling me that I had charged breakfast to my room, I was late for my flight already and I was not pleased at all with this Mistake. Finally I told the lady at the front desk who was very professional at all times , to check the charge ticket signature, and sure enough the person who had charge the breakfast had same First Name I have but a different last name. After that ...I realized the mistake I had made in staying in this hotel. I will look for a different one next time. Again , the staff was great , but the Hammering and mistake at the end....just made me think twice about paying so much and not even get a good nite's rest.

Room Tip: Call in advance to the Hotel and ask if there are any construction at the time of your stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Real-Inter-TGU, Manager at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review. We would like to start by apologizing for the different inconveniences you encountered during your stay.

• Hammering due to the restaurant renovation: We are currently in the process of renovating our main restaurant into a new and exciting concept to provide a better experience to our guest, unfortunately during this process in deed, construction is required and even though we have been very careful in appropriate hours to make noise we truly apologize for interrupting your rest which we understand is very important. Our new restaurant ¨The Maket ¨ is just days from opening and hopefully you can enjoy it in your next visit to Tegucigalpa.
• Internet Charge: I am pleased to inform you that starting January 1st High Speed Internet service is complimentary for all our IHG Rewards Club members, so now you can enjoy this and more benefits from this complimentary membership.
• Incorrect Breakfast charge: Once again we apologize for this confusion and I assure you we will take the corresponding actions to prevent this to happen again.

We hope that despite these inconveniences you will give us the opportunity to make it up on your next visit and we beg for a second chance to serve you.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Never touched the mini fridge but got charged an extra 56 dollars at checkout. The whole stay was professional and nice except that travesty. Staff was unwilling to make good on the error. Leaves you to wonder what else this hotel might jip you on?

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank David K
Real-Inter-TGU, Manager at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in your hotel, we are very concern about your comment about a wrong charge of minibar made to your room. Our customers satisfaction and credibility are very important for us, therefor we truly apologize for any misunderstanding regarding this charge.

We hope that despite this inconvenience we will have the pleasure to serve you in an near future.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. We had great dinner and the room was beyond our expectations. The service was spectacular from the staff. The hotel is very secure. It is in the heart of the city and within walking distance of the mall. They will get a taxi for you in no time too.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

We are very grateful for your preference and review about your recent stay in your home away from home. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, our facilities and our staff services.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure to serve you and your wife in a near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Beautiful hotel. Very Safe, not far from Airport. Excellent restaurant and food as well. Good menu selection. Staff is very friendly and helpful always. Rooms are very nice and clean. Excellent Shopping mall across from hotel. Executive Floor has great breakfast assortment and staff is excellent. Will recommend to anyone going to Tegucigalpa for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: High Floor, Views are nice from every where.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Customer:

We are very grateful for your preference and fine review about your recent stay in your home away from home. We are delighted to know you enjoyed all the experiences throughout the hotel and that we have accomplished out goal, your satisfaction and Best Rest.

We look forward to receive you soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

So the huge gun held by the guard at the entrance is scary and reassuring at the same time. Our company's local security guy puts us all here on visits and it is an oasis of comfort and calm.

You can walk unhindered in daytime to the shopping mall over the road, but don't go exploring from here.

Inside the rooms are all pretty standard Intercontinental: comfy and well maintained. All quite modern.

If you want to escape the room the wifi works poolside where you can enjoy a drink while you work or browse.

If I come back to Honduras, I'll be at this hotel and won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Manager at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for you review about your recent stay in your home away from home.
Indeed even though having a security guard with a gun in the entrance may seem strange, unfortunately in the moment it is necessary but we have very high expectations that this is constantly improving.

We are very happy you felt safe and comfortable in our premises and surroundings, and that you could enjoyed a well-deserved rest.

We look forward to receive you very soon.