Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Bogota, Colombia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had a very enjoyable stay albeit I was only booked for 2 days but needed three days. The reception staff were very accommodating and upgraded me to the presidential suite that I have to say was very well equipped supremely comfortable and way beyond what I paid for.
The staff were courteous and attentive at all times and there was a good vibe about the restaurants and the bar that is often missing from high end hotels.
My only gripe was a call at 0220 in the morning to discuss whether I or anyone in my room had been using the swimming pool!! Needless to say I was less than impressed and this is the only reason they haven´t got full marks.
The location is ideal as there is a modern shopping mall across the street that is easily accessible safely on foot that has most life support shops required during an extended stay and a food court to break the monotony of hotel food no matter how good it is.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Director General at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest:

We are very grateful for your recent review about your experience in your home away from home. We are also very happy to hear you and your family enjoy out staff, services and facilities to give you the best rest.

Certainly we will check why someone called you so late, we guarantee it won´t happen again.

We look forward to receive you soon!

Best Regards,

Alfonso Martinez
Gerente General / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very nice hotel with an outdorr pool area that is very hip and trendy.

Unfortunately I have been coming here for 3 years and being a Platinum IHG member doesn't mean much here. It's frustrating and I get that feeling every time I satay here.

I checked in today and they placed me in a normal room with a view of the street. When I asked for a room with a view of the pool they informed me that the hotel was booked and that those rooms were reserved for other people.

A nice hotel but if you are the highest in elite status, you are just another guest.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Customer:

Thank your for your review about your recent stay and appreciation of our Hotel. We truly apologize for not providing the appropriate recognition to your Elite Member Status which we are grateful for, unfortunately sometimes due to high occupancy we are unable to provide upgrades but I would like you to feel free to contact me on your next visit so I can personally make sure you receive the recognition you deserve.

e-mail: joel.muchnik@r-hr.com
Las Trojes
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This has been my third return trip to this hotel and this year it did not disappoint me at all. We had another wonderful experience with everyone. Each person who connected with us provided the best service that they could. The phrase, "We are here to serve you" certainly was shown by all of the staff from Reception with Luis to the restaurant with Cesar. I have a great admiration for the staff of this hotel and they certainly go the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest:

We are very grateful for your preference to our hotel, your home away from home, and for taking the time to write a review with your appreciation of our services. I guarantee that Luis and Cesar will receive their deserved recognition for their outstanding service.

We look forward to receive you soon

Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My family and I stayed here for a couple of weeks and we were quite pleased with the outstanding service, especially in their restaurant, Azulejos, which I believe they were in the process of renovating, so by now it probably operates under a new name. Their breakfasts are unsurpassed, and they serve FRESH orange juice, but you have to ask for it. Make sure to have their made-to-order omelettes, and the fresh cheese they serve-- it's DELICIOUS!!! Again, the service personnel at Azulejos was nothing short of outstanding: they are professional, courteous, and want the client to have a pleasant dining experience. I always made sure to tip them extra, because it's well worth it.

We ate at Factory Steak & Lobster a few times and their food is quite good (lobster to die for! mashed potatoes concoction is unbelievably good~ try it!!!), but the service people acted like they were doing us a favor, or like we were getting services free of charge -- not exactly the way to treat customers. Management would do well to either train their staff at Factory Steak & Lobster to learn a bit of deference (it's called good customer service), or simply replace everyone with staff from Azulejos, as they are very professional and know how to conduct themselves at all times. One night that we went to Factory, two people in my party ordered the shrimp and were surprised to find out that they were (1) undercooked, and (2) served with the shells still on. They sent the shrimp back to get cooked, but again they were returned with the shells on, which was quite unusual as they had never had shrimp served with the shells still on. The staff argued --yes, argued-- that that was how the dish was supposed to be served, despite the fact that the two guests in question specifically requested that the shrimp be served without the shells. Ultimately, the people in question ended up NOT eating their meals because they became frustrated that they would have to remove the shells themselves and by then the shrimp would be cold. I paid FULL PRICE for everyone in the party, despite the fact that the meal had been less than satisfactory to 2 of us in the group. I was not exactly pleased by the manner in which this incident was handled, and think management has a REAL PROBLEM when its staff argue with clients, instead of striving to please the customer. Lets be clear: Factory is SUPPOSED to be one of the best restaurants in town, but their staff and their attitude are a real turn off. In my view, friendliness, courtesy, and professionalism will win out any day of the week and if Factory cannot produce that, then they will never be able to compete with restaurants that have better staff and food that's comparable or better. Staff will make or break a business, and Factory is not the exception.

The rooms were nothing to write home about, but at least they were clean. I did find a HOLE in a pillow-case the first night we stayed there, so their staff might want to make sure their bedding isn't getting too shabby. Furthermore, the carpet looked a bit worn, but otherwise, the beds were comfortable. The air-conditioning tends to be a bit too noisy for my tastes, and the bathrooms would be better if they had exhaust vents installed. I have to admit, though, that the housekeeping staff was uber professional at all times, and very accommodating and willing to clean our rooms around our schedules.

One other observation: we had laundry done in the hotel, and one member of our party is sensitive to harsh detergents. Their laundy services may want to use special detergents for people who suffer from allergies -- maybe offer a hypoallergenic option for laundering items for sensitive people? Just a thought.

Lastly, we also did an event at the hotel, and were generally pleased. However, I note that I also did another event at the San Pedro Sula InterContinental that same week and service at the SPS location was better: (1) it was more competitively priced, (2) it was arranged with nicer linens, and (3) the flowers were ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, whereas the floral arrangements provided by the florist at the Teguz InterContinental were just blah. Yes, blah ~ very bland and unremarkable. The flowers in SPS were tropical-type, exotic flowers, and definitely made a statement. So, all in all, the SPS locale seems like the better establishment for events.

Room Tip: Upper floors provide a nicer view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all we wanted to thank you for the feedback you wrote us from your last stay at Real InterContinental at Mall Multiplaza.

As I mentioned on your previous post on our Restaurant Azulejos, we are very glad that we gave you a great experience in service and food quality. Today we are operating by the name The Market which is our new main restaurant which I know you will enjoy a lot more.

I wanted to apologize for the experience on our Restaurant Factory Steak & Lobster which was the opposite of good. We took immediate actions concerning your comments and we really hope that this improvement in the service people and management is noticeable during your next visit.

Concerning the food quality, it´s obviously unacceptable to serve undercooked shrimps which I can assure will not happen again. On the other hand we serve the shrimp in the shell because they maintain more flavor than without it, nonetheless if this was an issue for your guests our staff should have given you the solution you were expecting.

Regarding your bedroom, once again we apologize for the condition of the pillow case and carpet, we are expecting new bedding in the upcoming month and this should not happen again, we are also in the process of changing carpeting in all the rooms so hopefully you will be able to enjoy these changes in this year. We will be taking special attention to your comment about A/C noise and exhaust vents in the bathrooms. We are happy you were able to enjoy our housekeeping staff services.

Even though we use special laundry chemicals from the recognized company ECOLAB that comply with environmental standards, your recommendation of providing the option hypoallergenic option for laundering items will be taken so seriously that in our new Laundry Lists we will include this option.

Futhermore, we reviewed the comments about our banquet service:
1. We will check the comparison in prices with our InterContinental San Pedro Sula
2. We are getting new linens for our banquets, so this will improve.
3. Regarding the flowers which is an outside provider we will recommend a better company or more choices so that the clients can choose from a wide variety.

We appreciate your feedback, we have taken actions to ammend all the inconviences you experienced in your last stay.

We hope you visit us soon,

Eduard Soler
Food and Beverage Manager
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2014

In my mind, I thought I was going to stay in the same quality hotel I stayed last year. This year I had a different experience, not with the staff wich are very professional and friendly, but with my accomodations. I could not sleep because I kept hearing Hammering in the morning and afternoon. So I did not get a good night's rest. The Hotel Still Charges 10 dollars a day for WiFi...which is free in other places and for the price I paid it would be nice if it was included. Breakfast in this Hotel is incredibly Expensive. About 25 dollars for the buffett wich I looked at it and was not impressed. Furthermore at the time of my check out I was given a bad surprise, I was told the I owed extra money because I had had breakfast , which I had NOT !! The lady at the front desk kept telling me that I had charged breakfast to my room, I was late for my flight already and I was not pleased at all with this Mistake. Finally I told the lady at the front desk who was very professional at all times , to check the charge ticket signature, and sure enough the person who had charge the breakfast had same First Name I have but a different last name. After that ...I realized the mistake I had made in staying in this hotel. I will look for a different one next time. Again , the staff was great , but the Hammering and mistake at the end....just made me think twice about paying so much and not even get a good nite's rest.

Room Tip: Call in advance to the Hotel and ask if there are any construction at the time of your stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Real-Inter-TGU, Manager at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review. We would like to start by apologizing for the different inconveniences you encountered during your stay.

• Hammering due to the restaurant renovation: We are currently in the process of renovating our main restaurant into a new and exciting concept to provide a better experience to our guest, unfortunately during this process in deed, construction is required and even though we have been very careful in appropriate hours to make noise we truly apologize for interrupting your rest which we understand is very important. Our new restaurant ¨The Maket ¨ is just days from opening and hopefully you can enjoy it in your next visit to Tegucigalpa.
• Internet Charge: I am pleased to inform you that starting January 1st High Speed Internet service is complimentary for all our IHG Rewards Club members, so now you can enjoy this and more benefits from this complimentary membership.
• Incorrect Breakfast charge: Once again we apologize for this confusion and I assure you we will take the corresponding actions to prevent this to happen again.

We hope that despite these inconveniences you will give us the opportunity to make it up on your next visit and we beg for a second chance to serve you.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Never touched the mini fridge but got charged an extra 56 dollars at checkout. The whole stay was professional and nice except that travesty. Staff was unwilling to make good on the error. Leaves you to wonder what else this hotel might jip you on?

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank David K
Real-Inter-TGU, Manager at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in your hotel, we are very concern about your comment about a wrong charge of minibar made to your room. Our customers satisfaction and credibility are very important for us, therefor we truly apologize for any misunderstanding regarding this charge.

We hope that despite this inconvenience we will have the pleasure to serve you in an near future.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. We had great dinner and the room was beyond our expectations. The service was spectacular from the staff. The hotel is very secure. It is in the heart of the city and within walking distance of the mall. They will get a taxi for you in no time too.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:

We are very grateful for your preference and review about your recent stay in your home away from home. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, our facilities and our staff services.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure to serve you and your wife in a near future.