“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The good:
Nice room, spacious, clean. Nice view, especially at night.
The breakfast is excellent with a good selection, good service and long hours (6-10).
The front desk staff has been very friendly and helpful.
I tried one of the restaurants, The Factory, and the food and service were great.
The staff will hail a cab for you and in my experience a cab has always been available immediately.
It's right across the street from a mall, which includes a big grocery store, so that's convenient.
We arrived several hours before check-in, and in our group of 3, 2 rooms were ready. For the third person, they let him wait in the "club level" where he could work on his laptop and enjoy the free food and drink. That was nice of them.

The only bad things:
No free potable water! It's $2.99 for a single serve bottle. I think that's a little scandalous for a hotel this nice and this expensive. I would leave with a more positive impression if they charged $3 more for the room but actually provided water to drink. It seems pretty basic.

I just had an extremely annoying experience in the gift shop. I bought stamps to send postcards to the US. They're marked 15 lempiras, but they sold them to me for $2 (which should be about 40 lempiras). When I remarked on the discrepancy, the woman in the shop acted like I was amazingly cheap and remarked at how I was the only person who had ever complained about the stamps being expensive. Well, most countries don't charge $2 to send a postcard, and most shops don't sell stamps for more than twice the printed value and pretend there's nothing weird about that. I'd accept it if she just admitted that the difference was their mark-up, but she was trying to tell me a story about how one always has to pay $2 for a stamp that should cost $0.75 in Honduras. Small deal in the grand scheme of things, but just annoying. It just came off as a scam and dishonest.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sarah_MSPDC
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you at the hotel. We appreciate your great comments on our restaurants and we will be taking special attention on the opportunities that you pointed.

It is very important for us that our guests feel comfortable with all the services they are receiving, from the room to the restaurants and gift shops.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and enjoy the warmth and hospitality of our staff.

Fernando Zepeda
Rooms Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Good hoel. great night life. food excellant
comforable beds and fair prices. Tegucigalpa is an unforgiving town unless
your kinow what you are doing and where your are going!
the wait staff is fun and help you the bartenders keep you drink full
Love this place and the people!
GOOD HERE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Charle A
Real-Inter-TGU, Director General at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest:

We are delighted to know you enjoyed all the experiences throughout the hotel and that we have accomplished our goal, your satisfaction.

We look forward to receive you soon.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We just ended hosting a large international event (over 100) participants for a week long conference with guests from 30 different countries. Marvin Zeron (Sales) and staff at this hotel were amazing with our difficult group. Highly recommend this property, safety is important, excellent collaboration for events, and great catering.

Room Tip: If you are here on a weekend event, may not want to face the beautiful pool due to loud music until...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest:

First of all we wanted to thank you for your review about your recent experience in our hotel. We are also very happy to hear you enjoyed our staff service and collaboration in you event.
I guaratee you that we will give the special thanks to our Sales Supervisor Marvin.

We are thrilled to know thar our staff gave a great impression of our hotel. We look forward to receive you soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I dropped my wallet on the club level/9th floor. Dennis the waiter found it and called my room to tell me that i left it there! It was a mont blanc wallet with cash, credit cards, driver license and other stuff, and nothing was missing! That is simply priceless! Service is very good, it is my favorite hotel when staying in Tegucigalpa! Congratulations to the Manager and specially ton Denis!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank DiveTraveler71
Real-Inter-TGU, Director General at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guest:

First of all we wanted to thank you for your review about your recent experience in your home away from home. We are also very happy to hear you enjoyed our staff service. I guaratee you that we will give the special thanks to Dennis at Club Intercontinental.

We are thrilled to know thar our staff gave a great impression of our hotel.
We look forward to receive you soon!

Gerente General
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had a very enjoyable stay albeit I was only booked for 2 days but needed three days. The reception staff were very accommodating and upgraded me to the presidential suite that I have to say was very well equipped supremely comfortable and way beyond what I paid for.
The staff were courteous and attentive at all times and there was a good vibe about the restaurants and the bar that is often missing from high end hotels.
My only gripe was a call at 0220 in the morning to discuss whether I or anyone in my room had been using the swimming pool!! Needless to say I was less than impressed and this is the only reason they haven´t got full marks.
The location is ideal as there is a modern shopping mall across the street that is easily accessible safely on foot that has most life support shops required during an extended stay and a food court to break the monotony of hotel food no matter how good it is.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Director General at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest:

We are very grateful for your recent review about your experience in your home away from home. We are also very happy to hear you and your family enjoy out staff, services and facilities to give you the best rest.

Certainly we will check why someone called you so late, we guarantee it won´t happen again.

We look forward to receive you soon!

Alfonso Martinez
Gerente General / General Manager
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very nice hotel with an outdorr pool area that is very hip and trendy.

Unfortunately I have been coming here for 3 years and being a Platinum IHG member doesn't mean much here. It's frustrating and I get that feeling every time I satay here.

I checked in today and they placed me in a normal room with a view of the street. When I asked for a room with a view of the pool they informed me that the hotel was booked and that those rooms were reserved for other people.

A nice hotel but if you are the highest in elite status, you are just another guest.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Customer:

Thank your for your review about your recent stay and appreciation of our Hotel. We truly apologize for not providing the appropriate recognition to your Elite Member Status which we are grateful for, unfortunately sometimes due to high occupancy we are unable to provide upgrades but I would like you to feel free to contact me on your next visit so I can personally make sure you receive the recognition you deserve.

Joel Muchnik
Rooms Division Manager
e-mail: joel.muchnik@r-hr.com
Las Trojes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

This has been my third return trip to this hotel and this year it did not disappoint me at all. We had another wonderful experience with everyone. Each person who connected with us provided the best service that they could. The phrase, "We are here to serve you" certainly was shown by all of the staff from Reception with Luis to the restaurant with Cesar. I have a great admiration for the staff of this hotel and they certainly go the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest:

We are very grateful for your preference to our hotel, your home away from home, and for taking the time to write a review with your appreciation of our services. I guarantee that Luis and Cesar will receive their deserved recognition for their outstanding service.

We look forward to receive you soon

Joel Muchnik