“Sunday Brunch”

Arno Bistrot Cafe
Ranked #13 of 200 Restaurants in Tegucigalpa
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our family of 3 are new residents in Tegucigalpa and used to love the Sunday brunch tradition. We went here on a recommendation and it did not disappoint. We all enjoyed our meal, I couldn't give it five stars because you only had two options, fantastic bread, croissant, juice and coffee or fantastic bread, croissant, juice, coffee and an omelette. The baguette was fresh with strawberry marmalade and butter, the chocolate croissant was perfect. And the omelette, juice and coffee were tasty as well. I'm a carb person, so the bread stood out the most to me.

I wouldn't really say it is a kid friendly place, but being a sleepy Sunday, no one seemed to mind our toddler wandering about as they ate their meal.

1  Thank Lizbyb

Reviewed 26 November 2013

It's a small restaurant with a big personality, they have a great menu, real french dishes, great service. I loved their duck plate and their entrees are very tasty. I loved the fact the chef, cooks all the main dishes, visits your table, he is very friendly and takes all comments into consideration. A dessert is a must try, I'd recommend the chocolate truffles, they are to die for.

1  Thank Judi C
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We almost never get to go out, but we finally got a babysitter for the kids and set out to find a nice quiet place to enjoy some time together. We love typical Honduran food, but wanted something different. My friend recommended Arno's to us and the ambiance did not disappoint. The lighting and warmth was a welcome change of place to restaurants with reggaton music and flat panel tvs on every surface in the place!

The food was unique and flavorful. The valentina salad with goat cheese and almonds was well worth the money. The carrot ginger soup was light and felt healthy...

Reviewed 30 July 2013

It's hard to find a european style bistro in Honuras and Arno certaintly makes the difference with home made bread (do not leave without trying the croissants), nice salads with fruit, great duck, delicious desserts and very pleasant table wines. Try it you won´t be dissapointed. Eat happy!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I was recommended to try Arno's by a friend who told me their steak tartare and steak in general were their specialty. Indeed, I most say a friend of mine who had the steak looked ecstatic but I was very happy with my warm almond soup, salmon tartare and passion fruit tarte. Not to mention the fresh bread was almost wirth the visit alone. You can also go and buy breads and desserts to go, which I would definitely recommend, based on the pie, the truffle, and the bread. Enjoy! ... wait and did I mention the pie??? ;-)