“Okay but better places to stay”

Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel is located right next door to the Presidential offices of Honduras! Nice hotel,huge rooms, but very expensive. Charge extra for everything, I prefer to stay in the Intercontinental when I stay in Tegucigalpa but it was sold out. The staff their is very helpful. If you want a safe nice hotel this is a good place to stay

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The Marriott is a really nice hotel to stay at in Tegucigalpa. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are clean and comfortable and up to Marriot standards. The location is convenient, right next to the Presidential Palace, and there are a number of restaurants nearby.

My only complaints were the pool is quite small, and I had a few maintenance issues in the bathroom that were not taken care of.

Overall a fine hotel and you will be pleased when the front desk staff greets you with a warm, "Welcome Home!"

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at this place for a 1 week. The service, hotel, rooms was very good and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel arranged the pick up from the airport, as you are advice not to take airport. They were searching for me since the flight was late. The taxis arranged by the hotel are not very great. I hope this will be sorted out. We don't need posh taxis but clean and safe taxi's should be good. The break fast is good, though it is the same food every day, it tastes good. The rooms are not really sound proof. Try to be away from the road side if you like quiet rooms. Internet is available and it not super fast but it is good enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa!

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your review with us regarding your last visit to Tegucigalpa. I am glad you found our hotel comfortable and accomodating during your stay.
Regarding your comment of the taxi service all the hotels use the same taxi company for transportation, we will follow up with them regarding this matter.
For the breakfast buffet we are working in increasing options in order to offer variety each day.

We hope you have the oportunity of visiting us again and continue enjoying of Marriott's service and product.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My stay at the Marriott Tegucigalpa was very pleasant and the staff were very accomodating. Upon arrival a bellhop (Alejandro) greeted us at the hotel entrance and helped with bags and took them to our rooms. He was extraordinarily helpful, courteous and polite. He also brought a few bottles of water, which was also nice - because I do a lot of international latin america travel I know better to try drinking the tap water - so it made one less thing to worry about upon arrival and making a separate trip to a drug store for bottles of water.

Staff at check-in counter were equally as kind. I accepted the upgrade to the executive floor because WIFI and breakfast are then included and the difference was about $18/day. That easily pays for itself. Plus, you can connect up to 5 devices on the WIFI and you can bring one guest for breakfast in the morning. Additionally, you can request bottles of water, pop, etc. during the executive lounges open hours (AM or PM) and stock them in the room so you don't need to go out and buy additional H2O.

The hotel itself was very nice. There is a bar in the lobby (Winners) which is super-Americanized. Almost too much if you ask me. It is so hard to find "local" food anywhere in Tegucigalpa. The city is plagued by American restaurants on every corner, it would be nice to have some local food itself of hot wings, burgers and pizza - and this could be a great spot to do it.

WIFI was great. The workout facilities were excellent as well. Fantastic row of ellipticals, treadmills, stair climbers and pretty much every machine and free weights you need for a good workout. There is also a spin/cycling room with classes. I used this room when there were no classes in session and it was great. There is an outdoor pool on the third floor as well, which looked great with a nice bar/sitting area.

Rooms were very comfortable and large on the executive floor. I did have issues with my HVAC in the room and I had to call the front desk at 11:00pm one evening because the fan kept clicking and making a banging noise for about 45 minutes. But when I called maintenance quickly came to my room, took out a ladder and addressed the problem. Great work.

So,

Q: Would I stay again?
A: Yes.

I was very happy with the Marriott Tegucigalpa. The staff were amazing. Their english was great and they tolerated my ability to practice Spanish (I'm 70%) fluent, enough to get buy, but certainly broken Spanish. Could use a more "home" feeling and embrace the city/culture of Honduras/Teguicigalpa instead of seeing Lebron James, Tiger Woods, Dan Marino, etc. upon arrival on the sports bar (Winners). But thanks again - great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest:

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa!

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your review with us. We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience during your stay.

I am sorry you had an issue with the HVAC and I'm glad we were able to help you in a promptly way. If you are able to visit us once again I recommend you try our spa and the variety of services it offers. Thank you very much for your recommendations in offering more local food as part of experiencing the Honduran culture. We do have some local options in the Cocina Latina restaurant that can be order a la carte, hope you can try it in your next visit.

Once again thank you for all your comments, they are truly appreciated and hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Honduras and surrounding areas can be pretty dangerous for traveling. The Marriott represents some semblance of safety from all of the 'action'.

The hotel staff is extremely friendly and try really hard to please their guests. They went out of their way to fix an issue of our stay.

If you like firm, cozy beds, then this is your place in Teguc.

Only complaint is the public water supply...still has some growing pains.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa.

We appreciate your comment of your recent stay in Tegucigalpa. For our hotel the safety and security of our guests and customers is very important.

We are glad to hear our staff offered you a comfortable and friendly stay.

Please in your next visit we invite you to try our spa located in the third level. A variety of services are offered complemented with the Germaine de Capuccini products used by our therapists.

We hope we may serve you again in a near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed 2 nights while on a business trip, very comfortable rooms, slept very well. I had access to the business VIP lounge, which had drinks and food available during the day and in the evening. The spa was excellent, they even offered spinning classes.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa.

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us, we are delighted to hear your had a wonderful stay in our hotel. Yes indeed, we offer several complementary classes in the gym such as aerobics, yoga, pilates and others upon schedule. On your next trip you may relax in our outdoor climatized pool after workout.

We hope we have the chance of serving you again in a near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Tegucigalpa is not a very safe city in general. In my opinion this is the only hotel to stay in while visiting Tegucigalpa, Honduras. I have stayed in others. I for several years now stay only here, and have stayed here often. It is in a very safe area (next to the Presidential Palace) and near a shopping mall. There are good restaurants (Chili's, Denny's etc) within walking distance, including a very good Honduran steak house across the side street. It is easy to get to this hotel if you are driving, and they have a well guarded safe parking deck below the hotel. It is easy to get to any of the National Embassy's (including USA). They have a shuttle that will take you to the mall, and safe taxi's to other places that you may need to visit in 'Tegus' (local name for the city). The reception staff are all excellent english speakers and very friendly. The bar is delightful and enjoyable. The rooms are very large and in very good condition. Comfortable beds! Great water pressure, even on the 7th floor. One feature I love is that you can open a small vent at the bottom of the windows for fresh air (and the air smells great during rains!). The one negative is that they charge extra for the internet service. I do not know why they don't just add it to the room tarriff. It costs about $10 US per day extra. Hands down, a throughly wonderful experience at this Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Wrld2C
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa!

I would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you truly enjoyed your stay, our service and product. Please in your next stay visit our spa located in the third level and try the variety of massages we offer as well as our climatized pool.

We hope to have you back in a near future and once again thank you for sharing your review with us.