“Nice, comfy and clean but watch out with the room service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel

Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan, Honduras
“Nice, comfy and clean but watch out with the room service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I stay at the hotel for one night and is really comfortable and clean, the rooms are big and the bed is really really nice! The staff is really polite and helpful. I only had a bad time with the room service, I ordered chilaquiles but wait too long for them, so when they finally arrive they were soft and sticky, I also didn't like the sauce... They just waited too long to bring them to the room. Over all is a great place to stay in.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during the labor day weekend. First, it is a treat that most of the personnel speak very good English. The front desk personnel went above and beyond to make sure your stay at the Marriott was a pleasant one. There were a couple of things that went wrong during my check-in but Tiffany the supervisor apologized and made sure, we had the best service throughout our stay. We were also met by Miguel, the shuttle driver to the mall. He was always on time and waited for us at the hotel or mall, if we needed a taxi, who was there to call the taxi, it was Miguel. And last but not least, the hotel had an excellent breakfast buffet, if you ever have a chance, try to make sure you are served by Milagro. She always greeted us with her smile every morning and made us feel very welcome. The rooms are big, nice fitness center and spa. A little disappointed in the executive lounge, they didn't have a lot of food, if you went a little late, you were lucky to get anything and even one time they decided to close early. All and all, a great hotel and staff and already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here as a treat when we visited the city for a friend;s birthday. It was a little more than we usually pay but it was pure luxury. The rooms were huge and the fixtures and fittings elegant and modern. The beds were extra large and ridiculously comfortable. It was a real pleasure. The bar was lively and the public areas were lovely. Not the great hospitality we received in The Maya but the staff were helpful and friendly. The pool was small and shaded most of the time but a nice place to relax. The gym and spa facilities looked superb. The only downside was that you had to pay extra for wifi, breakfast and any other extras. Would stay here again for my birthday or a special occasion (I would definitely book some spa treatments), for a little bit of luxury, but not regularly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank fayemorris
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel is located right next door to the Presidential offices of Honduras! Nice hotel,huge rooms, but very expensive. Charge extra for everything, I prefer to stay in the Intercontinental when I stay in Tegucigalpa but it was sold out. The staff their is very helpful. If you want a safe nice hotel this is a good place to stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

The Marriott is a really nice hotel to stay at in Tegucigalpa. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are clean and comfortable and up to Marriot standards. The location is convenient, right next to the Presidential Palace, and there are a number of restaurants nearby.

My only complaints were the pool is quite small, and I had a few maintenance issues in the bathroom that were not taken care of.

Overall a fine hotel and you will be pleased when the front desk staff greets you with a warm, "Welcome Home!"

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at this place for a 1 week. The service, hotel, rooms was very good and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel arranged the pick up from the airport, as you are advice not to take airport. They were searching for me since the flight was late. The taxis arranged by the hotel are not very great. I hope this will be sorted out. We don't need posh taxis but clean and safe taxi's should be good. The break fast is good, though it is the same food every day, it tastes good. The rooms are not really sound proof. Try to be away from the road side if you like quiet rooms. Internet is available and it not super fast but it is good enough.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa!

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your review with us regarding your last visit to Tegucigalpa. I am glad you found our hotel comfortable and accomodating during your stay.
Regarding your comment of the taxi service all the hotels use the same taxi company for transportation, we will follow up with them regarding this matter.
For the breakfast buffet we are working in increasing options in order to offer variety each day.

We hope you have the oportunity of visiting us again and continue enjoying of Marriott's service and product.

Best regards,
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My stay at the Marriott Tegucigalpa was very pleasant and the staff were very accomodating. Upon arrival a bellhop (Alejandro) greeted us at the hotel entrance and helped with bags and took them to our rooms. He was extraordinarily helpful, courteous and polite. He also brought a few bottles of water, which was also nice - because I do a lot of international latin america travel I know better to try drinking the tap water - so it made one less thing to worry about upon arrival and making a separate trip to a drug store for bottles of water.

Staff at check-in counter were equally as kind. I accepted the upgrade to the executive floor because WIFI and breakfast are then included and the difference was about $18/day. That easily pays for itself. Plus, you can connect up to 5 devices on the WIFI and you can bring one guest for breakfast in the morning. Additionally, you can request bottles of water, pop, etc. during the executive lounges open hours (AM or PM) and stock them in the room so you don't need to go out and buy additional H2O.

The hotel itself was very nice. There is a bar in the lobby (Winners) which is super-Americanized. Almost too much if you ask me. It is so hard to find "local" food anywhere in Tegucigalpa. The city is plagued by American restaurants on every corner, it would be nice to have some local food itself of hot wings, burgers and pizza - and this could be a great spot to do it.

WIFI was great. The workout facilities were excellent as well. Fantastic row of ellipticals, treadmills, stair climbers and pretty much every machine and free weights you need for a good workout. There is also a spin/cycling room with classes. I used this room when there were no classes in session and it was great. There is an outdoor pool on the third floor as well, which looked great with a nice bar/sitting area.

Rooms were very comfortable and large on the executive floor. I did have issues with my HVAC in the room and I had to call the front desk at 11:00pm one evening because the fan kept clicking and making a banging noise for about 45 minutes. But when I called maintenance quickly came to my room, took out a ladder and addressed the problem. Great work.

So,

Q: Would I stay again?
A: Yes.

I was very happy with the Marriott Tegucigalpa. The staff were amazing. Their english was great and they tolerated my ability to practice Spanish (I'm 70%) fluent, enough to get buy, but certainly broken Spanish. Could use a more "home" feeling and embrace the city/culture of Honduras/Teguicigalpa instead of seeing Lebron James, Tiger Woods, Dan Marino, etc. upon arrival on the sports bar (Winners). But thanks again - great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest:

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa!

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your review with us. We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience during your stay.

I am sorry you had an issue with the HVAC and I'm glad we were able to help you in a promptly way. If you are able to visit us once again I recommend you try our spa and the variety of services it offers. Thank you very much for your recommendations in offering more local food as part of experiencing the Honduran culture. We do have some local options in the Cocina Latina restaurant that can be order a la carte, hope you can try it in your next visit.

Once again thank you for all your comments, they are truly appreciated and hope to have you back soon.

Best regards,