“Highly Recommended”

Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Only stayed one night here, during a layover, but enjoyed in very much. Room was clean and well-appointed. Restaurant was very nice. Despite some language problems, wait staff was patient with us and we had a spectacular dinner. Light breakfast of Danish, fruit & coffee in our room was perfect. Staff at front desk spoke excellent English and were very professional.
No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great, central location. The rooms are huge, comfortable and clean. The staff members go out of their way to provide excellent, 5-star service, and the food at both the bar and the restaurant is good. No complaints. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Nice hotel with probably the one of the friendliest Marriott staff's that I've ever dealt with. The hotel itself is clean, but a bit dated.

A couple of problems I experienced included the lack of hot water at night (it works fine in the morning). But around 9pm it seems like they turn the boilers off. All you can get is lukewarm water. Also, the lock on my door died. I thought it was the key card, so it took a couple of trips to the front desk to get it resolved. An engineer showed up and quickly replaced the lock.

Had lunch at the hotel buffet with a couple of colleagues. It was good, but a bit pricey. As an example, later that week, we went across the street and get a great steak dinner at Hacienda Real for about the same price.

Lounge staff are great and breakfast is good, but doesn't change much day to day.

The hotel is next to the Presidential Palace so there are lots of police/military nearby. I had no concerns walking to the shopping center that was about 1km away. Although you may get woken up by the occasional helicopter landing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The coffee bar served excellent coffee drinks (but the food was below average) and was a relaxing place to get some work done. The gym had excellent equipment for workouts. The staff was friendly and I felt perfectly safe because of the security guards posted outside the lobby. Loved the free parking and the large, high-end shopping center (which also included a terrific grocery store) located 1 km away. As for my complaints, the hotel restaurant was average (try a restaurant called 'The Patio', which was a 10 minute cab ride away instead), the bar played loud music until around 2am and the TV did not provide good English channel news (CNN, BBC or Faux News).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We spent three nights here. Our room was nice, but the walls are thin. We could hear the people in the next room. The lobby area is also very loud in the evening with noise from the bar. I expected free wi-fi from a hotel of this quality; however, it was available only in the lobby and free for only 1 hour per day. There are three computers in the lobby for guests' use, but they were old and not always working. The restaurant was very good. We ate only breakfast here, so can't speak for other meals. We wanted to do laundry but the prices were outrageous so we opted for doing laundry in the bathtub. The staff was friendly and most spoke at least some English.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelinGal2010
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I just returned from a 2-night stay at Marriott Tegucigalpa. I had an excellent experience and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tegucigalpa.

First, the service was fantastic. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and honest. I was greeted with a smile (and in English) from the entire hotel staff. I arrived a few hours before check-in, but they found me an available room anyways. They helped answer questions about the city, places to go, services at the hotel, etc. They were also upfront about their taxi service being a little more expensive than a normal cab, but more secure...Luis at the front desk was of particular help; he helped me print my return flight ticket, and also voided some international calling charges that I was confused about when my credit card company needed to confirm some information. It was an honest mistake on my part, and he quickly took care of it. I felt they were very responsive and proactive in providing great service.

The gym was nice as well. Treadmills and weights; there was a pool and sauna too. The rooms were big, and I found my floor to be very quiet. The sports bar and coffee shop in the lobby were convenient to grab some quick food or a drink. The entire hotel was very clean.

They also offered a free shuttle service to the mall, which was helpful because it was raining. I'm not sure how they were affiliated, but the cab drivers were also very nice, although lacking English. Specifically, one of the drivers, Walter, was very informative about the city while he took me to one of the parks.

Overall, I thought it was a great value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2013

After spending 3 nights in this hotel, everyone in our group shared the same opinion. The hotel feels very American, is new and clean. However, we had several issues with service. Hallways loud at night, male workers hanging out in women's restroom and argumentative management. If you want a clean updated hotel and won't be there often this may work for you. It is safe and conveniently located. But if problems arise, don't expect too much help from management.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business