“Home away from home”

Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Harold, Samantha and Luis at the front desk. Jose, Claudia, Martin and Baudilio (morning and evening shift) at the executive lounge and Luz in house keeping duties, make my monthly stay at the Tegucigalpa Marriott, my home away from home.

Because of my work, I need to travel to Tegucigalpa every month for a week or so, and all of the people i just mentioned, make me fell like i'm right at home. Always with a friendly smile, and the first thing they always say "buen dia - bienvenido a casa". If something negative occurs, which can happen anywhere, they go out of their way to make sure, corrective action is taken an make something that might turn negative, into a positive result.

They all know and are very clear of the meaning of the phrase "customer service". it runs in their veins. It's not only the offerings the hotel might have, it's how these guys handle each situation with professionalism and genuine care.

Thanks always and keep up the good work. A lot of people in the customer service arena can learn a lot from them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Ivan D

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stays at the Tegucigalpa Marriott.

I am so glad that you had a great stay with us, and that you have made us your home away from home. You gave the readers some great suggestions as well.

We are very fortunate to work with a very dedicated team of hospitality professionals.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stays at your home. Thank you for your preference.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I love this hotel, very friend staff, good safty and security. Got access ti executive lounge again got amazing staff specially Baudilio always ready for his best service very friendly and good atmospher.

Room Tip: Always recommanded corner suites
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Syed M

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share your comments with our team.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Always stayed at the Clarion when visiting Teguc each summer, but used points to stay at the Marriott this year. Platinum member... This hotel is a jewel in the middle of the city. Very nice property. One of my new favorites, and I've stayed at well over 100 Marriotts. It's not equivilent to the JW Marquis on Biscayne Bay in Miami or anything, but it can't be. But it is a very nice, well kept hotel, with a very friendly and aware staff.

The lobby is well appointed and well kept. The largest (I think) sports bar in Teguc is connected to the lobby. They (Lionel) gave me a table for the Honduras World Cup game on Sunday, which was great considering the place was sold out.

The rooms are very good size, larger than many Marriotts in the states. Normal bed, desk, furniture, etc.... Had a fridge that was stocked wtih expensive candybars and stuff, but no sensors so I could store my drinks in it also. Bathrooms were nice wth marble floors. Tub showers, which I hate, but oh well. Only complaint for the whole stay was the tarp-like inner shower curtains. It would not bend well when sliding teh curtain back to exit the shower and it would get all over me. Again, oh well.

The concierge lounge was very nice. They had a good serving of small bites each night as well as sodas and waters. They would also make coffee drinks if interested. They served beer and liquor drinks from behind the coffee counter as well, for a charge. Folks knew my name every day when I entered and were overly polite. Breakfast was always good, plenty of food so that there was no need for anything else. I think bacon was even on the buffet every morning.

Over the weekend, when the lounge was closed, the front desk provided me with coupons for the breakfast buffet in the restaurant and at night, appetizers from the sports bar. Very nice bonus here.

The front door staff were always welcoming and helpful on finding restaurants and taxis, and polite when I wanted to load my own luggage. Front desk staff also very polite, remembered my name each day and helpful. The personal service was even better than any Ritz I've stayed in.

Overall, great hotel, Nothing of note, could have been better. Even the gym was really nice with a large selectino of machines and free weights and plenty of treadmills and elipticles. Can't wait to visit again next year!

Room Tip: One side of the hotel looks down into the presidential pallace grounds. Was interesting to watch th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrew C
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mr. Andrew C

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tegucigalpa Marriott. It is always a pleasure for us to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The friendliness and attentive service in the Executive Lounge was outstanding throughout the day. In particular, Martin Salgado's service during the evening was superior. I wish all hotel's understood that offering features and extras are not worthwhile without exemplary service to accompany it. Gracias Martin.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Mr. Ray H

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at our hotel and for your kind feedback.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will gladly share your positive feedback about our Executive Lounge service and friendliness.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again soon and are looking forward to your next visit in Tegucigalpa.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Marriott Tegucigalpa makes a difference when staying in the city. I had been a customer here for ten years and, honestly, I wouldn't look for another hotel. Rooms are according to Marriott standards but the staff makes you feel at home. The executive lounge servers, Martin and Baudilio at night and the guy during morning hours ( can't remember his name) are really great, far beyond the artificial "friendship" provided by staffers at the international chains.

Front desk personnel will also go to the extra mile in making one feel at home. In 10 years I never have had a negative experience here. By the contrary, always good memories, what means a lot for the business traveler. My only suggestion would be to provide more options for breakfast at the executive lounge. Anyway, it is good though

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mr. Sergio L

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Marriott Tegucigalpa Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Marriott Tegucigalpa is always a welcome destination (even for someone line me that spends way too many nights away from home). The staff is tremendously upbeat, eager to help, uniformly fluent in English and the amenities are more than ample. The fitness center has a full complement of stations, treadmills, and elliptical machines and while busy at peak hours, never too full. The Concierge Level service is a real bargain and one of the main attractions (with great breakfast and heavy hors d'oeuvres that can easily replace dinner - the Concierge Level premium is a bargain compared to a breakfast package and, with the additional hours, more than pays for itself). Look for Martin Salgado in the evenings - a world-class guy who is always happy to see you return - and the entire staff knows you by name by the end of the first day back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BusinessTraveler5931
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you had such a wonderful stay.

Our associates take pride in providing a quality experience to all our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along them.

Again, thank you for taking the time to rewiev our hotel, as we take guest satisfaction seriously at Marriott.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great place to stay. Friendly staff. Baudilio, Martin, and Jose from the executive lounge provided excellent service. Winners sports bar staff were all friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Rocky0217

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

Your thoughts are very important to us and we highly value your feedback.

It´s the highest aim of all our staff to make you feel the most comfortable.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback.
We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hope to welcome you again soon!