“Sense of hospitality”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Mexico City, Mexico
“Sense of hospitality”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am very pleased with the overall service at the hotel. All people I dealed with made my staying a very pleaseant one.
The bell boy (a young man who´s name I do not know) explained me everything I needed to know.
I had the opportunity to use the SPA to receive a masage (Sweden-Relaxing) and Carolina is very good in doing it.
Even outside, I used the service of a taxi driver named Darwin, aso very good.
I am particularly greatful to Sue Ellen Valeriano, who is very helpful through the phone, she has a lot of sense of hospitality and knows a lot of your offering in the various areas ta the hotel.

Room Tip: I guess that I would like to provide a tip for the hotel management. Do not charge the use of Intern...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Hector P.

First of all, thank you for spending your time to give us a kind feedback on your recent stay.

We are very pleased to read your kind words about the bellboy and spa services as well as our call center friendly staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our associates.

It is our aim to offer our guests a entirely satisfactory service at the Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Tegucigalpa.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Leamington, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Rooms smell fresh and clean, Great job to the cleaning staff. Very comfortable bed and loved the pillows. Nice bar lounge downstairs which is open to the public as well. Staff is very friendly. Enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear HelenaS28:

Thank you for spending your time to comment on your recent stay.

We are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel cleanliness and the great ambiance at Winners Sports Bar. Thank you once again for your kind feedback, certainly we have passed your comments to our associates.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I always stay in this hotel, the executive floor is very good, but i want to mention 2 persons who are true gentlemen and treat you like you are really at home, and this are the guys in the executive Lounge Mr Baudilio Cruz and Mr Martin Salgado, they really now how to treat a person, its 5 stars for them.

Very good service amazing

Room Tip: stay in this hotel its really worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Mr. David K:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at our hotel and for your kind feedback.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Marriott Tegucigalpa Hotel and will gladly share your positive feedback about the Executive Lounge service and the friendliness of our staff.

It would be our pleasue to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Harold, Samantha and Luis at the front desk. Jose, Claudia, Martin and Baudilio (morning and evening shift) at the executive lounge and Luz in house keeping duties, make my monthly stay at the Tegucigalpa Marriott, my home away from home.

Because of my work, I need to travel to Tegucigalpa every month for a week or so, and all of the people i just mentioned, make me fell like i'm right at home. Always with a friendly smile, and the first thing they always say "buen dia - bienvenido a casa". If something negative occurs, which can happen anywhere, they go out of their way to make sure, corrective action is taken an make something that might turn negative, into a positive result.

They all know and are very clear of the meaning of the phrase "customer service". it runs in their veins. It's not only the offerings the hotel might have, it's how these guys handle each situation with professionalism and genuine care.

Thanks always and keep up the good work. A lot of people in the customer service arena can learn a lot from them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Ivan D

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stays at the Tegucigalpa Marriott.

I am so glad that you had a great stay with us, and that you have made us your home away from home. You gave the readers some great suggestions as well.

We are very fortunate to work with a very dedicated team of hospitality professionals.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stays at your home. Thank you for your preference.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I love this hotel, very friend staff, good safty and security. Got access ti executive lounge again got amazing staff specially Baudilio always ready for his best service very friendly and good atmospher.

Room Tip: Always recommanded corner suites
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Syed M

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share your comments with our team.

Charlotte
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Always stayed at the Clarion when visiting Teguc each summer, but used points to stay at the Marriott this year. Platinum member... This hotel is a jewel in the middle of the city. Very nice property. One of my new favorites, and I've stayed at well over 100 Marriotts. It's not equivilent to the JW Marquis on Biscayne Bay in Miami or anything, but it can't be. But it is a very nice, well kept hotel, with a very friendly and aware staff.

The lobby is well appointed and well kept. The largest (I think) sports bar in Teguc is connected to the lobby. They (Lionel) gave me a table for the Honduras World Cup game on Sunday, which was great considering the place was sold out.

The rooms are very good size, larger than many Marriotts in the states. Normal bed, desk, furniture, etc.... Had a fridge that was stocked wtih expensive candybars and stuff, but no sensors so I could store my drinks in it also. Bathrooms were nice wth marble floors. Tub showers, which I hate, but oh well. Only complaint for the whole stay was the tarp-like inner shower curtains. It would not bend well when sliding teh curtain back to exit the shower and it would get all over me. Again, oh well.

The concierge lounge was very nice. They had a good serving of small bites each night as well as sodas and waters. They would also make coffee drinks if interested. They served beer and liquor drinks from behind the coffee counter as well, for a charge. Folks knew my name every day when I entered and were overly polite. Breakfast was always good, plenty of food so that there was no need for anything else. I think bacon was even on the buffet every morning.

Over the weekend, when the lounge was closed, the front desk provided me with coupons for the breakfast buffet in the restaurant and at night, appetizers from the sports bar. Very nice bonus here.

The front door staff were always welcoming and helpful on finding restaurants and taxis, and polite when I wanted to load my own luggage. Front desk staff also very polite, remembered my name each day and helpful. The personal service was even better than any Ritz I've stayed in.

Overall, great hotel, Nothing of note, could have been better. Even the gym was really nice with a large selectino of machines and free weights and plenty of treadmills and elipticles. Can't wait to visit again next year!

Room Tip: One side of the hotel looks down into the presidential pallace grounds. Was interesting to watch th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew C
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mr. Andrew C

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tegucigalpa Marriott. It is always a pleasure for us to receive positive feedback.

Hays, Kansas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The friendliness and attentive service in the Executive Lounge was outstanding throughout the day. In particular, Martin Salgado's service during the evening was superior. I wish all hotel's understood that offering features and extras are not worthwhile without exemplary service to accompany it. Gracias Martin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Mr. Ray H

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will gladly share your positive feedback about our Executive Lounge service and friendliness.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again soon and are looking forward to your next visit in Tegucigalpa.