“Uptown in Tegucigalpa” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Clinton, Arkansas
“Uptown in Tegucigalpa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

It has been 7 yrs. since we last stayed in the Marriott in Teguci. Much has changed in Honduras, the economy is suffering, but still moving, crime is up but we did not notice it directly, and the exchange rate has more than doubled. The hotel staff are exceptional--friendly, helpful, they make you as comfortable as you want to be.
The morning buffet breakfast is over the top--more selections than you can imagine.
It sits next to the Presidental Palace--certainly not an overbearing palace either--but is an interesting sight from the hotel.
The swimming pool is the deepest I have seen at a hotel in years, 5'. Deep enough to swim a few laps in to relax or exercise. Exercise room is the best equipped I have seen anywhere. There are extras you can purchase such as massages or facials all on the 3rd floor.
The only odd thing that happeded was our request for wash cloths, we got more towels. My wife called the desk and found out that those are facial cloths. :)
Good for business, family, tourist, or a romanitc getaway.

Room Tip: Other than the 12th floor, all suites, the rooms are similar; we like upper floors to reduce noise f...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear M P:

Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, I appreciate your warmest comments, as you mentioned the hotel's friendly staff and the great variety of food at the breakfast buffet; our staff strives every day to offer an excellent service!

It's nice to see that you got the chance to explore more about the services we offer at our Sky Fitness & Beauty; such as the variety of massages and facials.

I’m so happy you had the time to enjoy the swimming pool. Hope we can welcome you again in further trips to Tegucigalpa.

With kindest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
San Salvador, El Salvador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a good hotel in an excellent location in Tegucigalpa, ideal for staying during a business trip. The staff is really proactive and kind. I would like to stay there again if I visit Tegucigalpa.
The only thing that I complaint is the food of Cocina Latina, the hotel restaurant, I had a lot of expectation but it just disappointed me...

One of the good things in the Executive floor is the variety of snacks that they have every afternoon, the staff in the executive floor was really kind, especially two of the staff guys Baudilio and Martin.

The breakfast in the executive floor it is nice, they serve really good coffee.

In general terms, I had a great experience except for the dinner in the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the 10, 11 and 12 floor.!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear jcmartinez777:

It is our aim to offer our guests a entirely satisfactory service at the Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel. We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the food offered. Certainly we have passed this on to our Food and Beverage Director, so he can take immediate corrective steps.

It is nice to read that you remark the perfect service of our Executive Lounge and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay.

Owasso, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Had an amazing visit at this hotel!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I made several trips to the front desk for a variety of things, the staff always seemed very eager to help. The executive lounge offered good food, drink and, again, excellent service. Location is in a safe area next to the presidential palace. About a 5-7 minute taxi ride to the Honduras Medical Center and near the US embassy. Cannot wait to visit this location again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Jason L:

Thank you for spending your time to comment on your recent stay. We are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel, the perfect location and the excellent staff service. Certainly we have passed this on to our hosts.

It is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Tegucigalpa!

Coppell, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel has great, friendly, attentive and helpful staff. Baudilio in the Executive lounge did a fantastic job. He was very friendly and made sure I had everything I wanted. I told him I wanted to improve my Spanish and he took the time to help me by speaking slowly and repeating things. One night he went above and beyond his duty to help me carry some things back to my room. He is a wonderful employee. Martin also was very friendly and helpful in the lounge.
In the hotel lobby, Alejandro provided superb service. He consistently gave me helpful information, and checked to see if I needed help. He gave me his card and made sure I knew his name and said to call him if I needed anything. It was not only the things he did, but the attitude he projected. Both Baudilio and Alejandro made me feel like they genuinely wanted to help me and that it was not just a job to them. They are great employees anyone would be proud and blessed to have.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Stephen R:

Thank you for providing us with your valuable and kind feedback.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Marriott Tegucigalpa Hotel and will gladly share your positive feedback about the excellent service and the friendliness of our staff.

It would be our pleasue to welcome you again soon at this your hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel two separate times on our travels to Honduras this month. Great experiences both times and I look forward to going back. The bonus of light food and snacks in the executive lounge were great and the service received in there was fabulous. The "Winners" sports bar in the main lobby needs to decide if it's going to be a true sports bar or a dance club. The music was hip hop club music blaring over all the sporting events and you had to sit outside the bar to even talk to the person right next to you. (It needs a good manager.) Many many excellent staff that bent over backwards to help us and Alejandro was the bestest bellhop ever!!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear 2010trip03:

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Mariott Tegucigalpa.

Your good remark about the executive lounge and bellboy service is a great pleasure for us, we will gladly share your positive comments with the team. We are very fortunate to work with a very dedicated team of hospitality professionals.

Also your comment concerning the bar area are taken seriously and will be communicated to our executive committee.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stays at your home. Thank you for your preference.

Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here in for only one night but enjoyed my stay. The price was reasonable.The check in was very efficient and the woman was very friendly. I wish I remembered here name but I am horrible with names. She was the same woman that checked me out and she was very friendly and made me feel very welcoming. Here english was very good.
The rooms are decent size. The bed was comfortable. The TV had a lot of english channels, most coming from Miami, for the people like me who don't know much spanish.
I liked the lobby of the hotel also. There was a nice sports bar there.
I would stay here again if in Tegu.
A tip. The Guatemalan steakhouse across the street had excellent steaks.
There is also a McDonald's across the street. Little Caeser's, Denny's, Chili's,Burger King, and Pizza Hut are all a 5 minute walk from the hotel for all you homesick gringo's. My favorite though is Pollo Campero, a Salvadorian chain for great fried chicken.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jeffbl88:

Thank you for choosing our property for your stay in Tegucigalpa and thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

We are very pleased to know you had a great experience and that our staff gave you a great service.

We sincerely hope that we may welcome you again in your home away from home soon.

Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

After a horrble 2 day experience at the InterCANTinental Hotel I moved over to the Marriot Tegucigalpa for the remaining 6 days of my business trip. Boy was this move a wise choice.
To begin, the customer service is unmatched. Curteous, informative and professional.
The rooms are clean, large and comfortable. There is a surcharge for the internet but the front desk did not charge me for it, thanks a million.
There is a pool, gym and sports bar where locals hang out after a hard days work.
The business center is first rate and the in-house restaurant was superb.

Overall: Great Hotel minus the pretencious garb from the InterCANTinental.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Guest Relations Manager at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Mr. John S:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your honest feedback. Thanks for sharing your visit with us & other readers.

We greatly appreciate your 5 star rating and for all of your compliments, it really means a lot to us.

The Hotel Marriott Tegucigalpa is known for its friendly and helpful staff which always strives to answer the guests wishes.

Looking forward to your next visit.

With kindest regards.