“A 5-star hotel minus the price”

Real Colonial Hotel
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days in March. Spotless room, secure area, helpful staff; there weren't any negatives to my stay... I even got a salsa lesson from the owner! I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PLG8426

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here as a quick stopover. The owner, Carla, picked us up at the bus terminal and showed us where everything was as we passed by it. The mall, restaurants, and a bank were really close. Hot showers and great wifi!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ahhshhley
Reviewed 8 March 2014

No frills, but cute, clean, secure. Right around corner from American embassy and some moderately priced but very respectable restaurants/bars. Personal service at the free included breakfast. Not your standard high-rise cookie cutter hotel, so feels very authentic. Even if you gave a credit card when you made the reservation, at checkout, ask to pay in American cash.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Wintermd
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had a great experience at this Hotel. It is located in a very safe and cute area of Tegucigalpa, The Plaza San Martin District.
I got all the help I needed.
Room was very clean and cute.
I would recommend it to anyone willing to feel safe and have a great service, for the right price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Meche2013
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Probably not a backpackers destination, but great for the budget traveler. Very clean rooms, staff is helpful and gracious, and Maria serves a nice breakfast in the downstairs garden. Tres Tintes is across the street with reasonable meals and cold beer, and further around the corner is a little plaza anchored by The Angry Beaver Bar, which actually consists of four individual bars and a place called Mia's which has good wings, fish and chips, and the best pizza I've had in central America. They are located on San Martin Hotel Plaza which is probably the safest stretch of road in Honduras.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank randyman050
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at Real Colonial about three times already, and I can say anything else but great things about their employees and staff at the hotel. .. The rooms are very specious and the price unbeatable! Great place to stay in Tegucigalpa for business or leisure

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Arianahurst
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed 3 nights in Real Colonial last week during a trip I did to Tegus from La Ceiba, where I live half the year. It was a welcoming, safe, beautiful hotel with a fantastic breakfast served in the cozy garden behind the rooms. They gave me all the information that I need about where places were. And most importantly, during what is a very cold season for us in Honduras, the AC also served as a heater!! So, I didn't freeze at night. The Italian restaurant, Gino's, is just a 1 minute walk away and had fantastic food. All in all, a very wonderful experience for my first time in Tegus.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor might be quieter than on the first floor.