“Wonderful for Mission Teams & Close to the Airport to Regroup For the Mission Ahead”
Review of Hotel Humuya Inn

Hotel Humuya Inn
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The Tegucigalpa Inn as Close to the Airport to Regrouping For the Mission Ahead. The staff very friendly & helpful, Beds comfortable, food tasty and atmosphere quaint. Loved it. Thank you! The Tegucigalpa Inn as Close to the Airport to Regrouping For the Mission Ahead. The staff very friendly & helpful, Beds comfortable, food tasty and atmosphere quaint. Loved it. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and giving us your feedback on our establishment.
During the last several years, we have enjoyed hosting many mission teams and allowing them to find rest after a hard day's work.

We hope this is not the first or last time your team stays with us.

Sincerely yours,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Humuya Inn

Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I are adopting from Honduras and it has been a stressful and long journey! The Humuya Inn was a retreat during our process in Tegucigalpa...I loved the traditional art, beautiful decor, water features, comfortable beds and pillows, wonderful attention to detail, security, friendliness of the staff and helpfulness of the people covering the front desk. They accomodated us, allowing us to focus on our adoption process to the fullest...we did not have to stress out about check out times...they told us that the Humuya Inn was our home and it felt that way in every aspect. Can't wait to come back soon and stay as a new family of 5 with our children! They will love it! Especially the Mall Cascadas, movie theater and Walmart being 5 minutes away!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank KristinSA
Humuya_Inn, Manager at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I'm so glad that our Inn could become your retreat from a long and stressful journey.

It has been an amazing blessing for our Inn and staff to be a small part (as hosts) for over 70 adoptive families. In our offices we have pictures of these families from all over the world.

This week we have two more couples, that are in different stages of the adoption process, in Honduras. We are continually looking for ways to serve each family in this process. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about our Inn.

And now with Wal-Mart being only five minutes away....what else could you want :)!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Just returned from a 10 day stay at the Humuya Inn with my mission team of 14 adults and children (ranging from ages 7-14), and I highly recommend Humuya for anyone looking for a safe, clean and missions friendly hotel in what can seem like a chaotic and intimidating city. I've been traveling to Tegucigalpa for 4 years, and now that I've found Humuya, it will always be my Tegucigalpa home. The beds are extremely comfy and the hotel is elegant, quiet. My team even made great use of the gym. We found the staff so very helpful and friendly--felt like staying with friends. Breakfast was plentiful and perfect for my team and we absolutely loved our evenings on the terrace to talk and enjoy the lovely view of the city. Concerned about safety and health, I really debated where I could stay in Tegucigalpa with my small children, and Humuya was an absolute haven. Knowing that Humuya is there, I now feel like I could even travel to Tegucigalpa as a single woman and feel perfectly secure. Convenient to the airport and the city center, this was a great choice for our team. And when we were too tired to eat out after long work days, dinner was always delicious in the hotel--a good option when wanting to avoid Tegucigalpa traffic. I've stayed in hotels all around the world--hands down, this was the most friendly and helpful staff. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TampaBayFLBeth
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Thank you for your wonderful overview of the Humuya Inn. It is encouraging to know that our property is mom tested and approved. Being in the city it is not easy to make things comfy for young kids. To be honest we want to do more. If we could just get our contractor to sign off for the pool on the terrace we would be all set. Someday we are going to make water happen at the Humuya Inn, whether it be on the terrace with a hot tub, jacuzzi or pool in the courtyard it is on our list.

Thank you for your endorsement of our "hands down, most friendly and helpful staff (in the world)." As owners we know that what makes our hotel 5 stars is our staff. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Fabulous, secure location in an safe neighborhood in Tegucigalpa. Paradise within the city limits. Easy access to the airport, major highways and city attractions. Spacious rooms, very quiet, fabulous continental breakfast, wireless internet, television with American TV channels. Stellar staff with local connections who can order you up a taxi or Chinese food! Spa-like atmosphere with spectacular views from the rooftop. I have been a guest three times and will not stay anywhere else when I return to Honduras next year.

Dear Guest,

I am so glad to hear you think our establishment is perfect for female business travelers. As a husband and father of girls, I know firsthand how important safety and security is when traveling for everyone but especially for females.

My wife, who is very involved in the day to day operations of the business is the responsible for most of the decorating and will be glad to hear you liked her work.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Great location. Serenity at its best!!! Wonderful rooms with the best, comfortable beds ever! beautiful decor of plants,trees,pottery, and a fish fountain . wonderful organic hair and shower products and plenty of towels stocked up in the bathroom was a plus. friendly staff and a great continental breakfast of fresh fruits,bagels,cereal,toast,coffee and home made jams. And lets not forget the gift shop full of affordable pottery,jewelry, pure vanilla and coffee with plenty of tables and chairs, and a sitting area of comfy couches and chairs. you can eat on the roof top( and the food was great by the way) and view the city from every side while you lounge in your choice of many unique, comfy chairs; the mountains glow of lights. I can only hope that I make it back to Honduras so I can stay there again.

Room Tip: There are apartments available for those who are staying awhile and want a kitchen, or private bedro...
1  Thank kandyT
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kinds words and wonderful description of our property. We have worked hard on our beds by adding new 2-3 inch memory foam, comforters and duvets. Many guests refer to our beds like "sleeping in the clouds." Again thank you for noticing one of our Green efforts with organic (and environmentally safe) hair and shower products. On our website in "Social Responsibility" we talk in depth about the Humuya Inn's efforts toward responsible sustainability.

Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn and allow other guests the opportunity to make the best choice for lodging when coming to Tegucigalpa.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Even though I've been to Tegucigalpa at least a dozen times, this is my first time at Humuya. I will be back! It is super quiet and the rooms and beds are very comfortable.. They have a full line-up of all American TV channels, which is nice, especially because this week the olympic swimming trials were on NBC. The staff is SUPER nice. Especially Henry, one of the front desk guys. You can tell that everything here is very well thought-out. The details really do make the difference. The rooftop patio has one of the most beautiful views I've experienced in Teguc. The furniture and ambiance up there is second to none. They have a gym, which is why I came here, and they are getting a new treadmill directly from the states, which will be awesome. The food is very simple and healthy - which is what I look for as a business traveler. I like to keep a healthy routine. The owner is American and very very helpful and friendly. I think the only downfall is that this place is always full!

1  Thank DCLIVY218

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent review and noticing the details. The commercial grade treadmill did arrive as promised and is getting well used along with the new elliptical machine. Thank you for taking notice of our staff and especially Henry. We are proud of him. I love getting the perspective of female business travelers because they know what they want and are loyal to an establishment. We look forward to exceeding your expectations in your next stay. See you soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Tegucigalpa is a noisy, crowded, chaotic city! The Humuya Inn manages to be conveniently located in the middle of the city while miraculously managing to seem like it is in a peaceful, remote place. I love the colonial feel of the the hotel and the rooms and the garden-like quality of the first floor. The rooms are simple yet elegant and the beds are SO comfortable. Even better, keep climbing to the rooftop terrace! It offers a 360 degree view of the city and so many cozy corners! The Humuya Inn will be the ONLY place I stay when needing a hotel in Tegucigalpa!

3  Thank Michael M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know how overwhelming Tegucigalpa can be for many travelers, thus we strive to relieve some of this stress by meeting many of their needs.

We were very encouraged to hear we were able to do this for you during your visit.

Hope to see you during your next visit to Tegucigalpa.

Sincerely yours,