“Great place!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Tennessee
“Great place!”
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

This was our second time to stay At Humuya inn. Both times were excellent. They have a great staff that is eager to please. The food was awesome, The spaghetti is a must. Rooms are clean and very nice.

• Stayed October 2012
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear JustaBugman,

Im glad that both of your stays have been excellent. Our spaghetti is a big hit for lots of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to mention it and our staff, we are very proud of their efforts.

We look forward to you staying with us in the future and hope to exceed your expectations with your next stay as well.

Humuya Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
SoCal
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I did not book my reservation with the Humuya Inn, but it was booked for me by an associate. Usually I question when this is done for me. When I contacted the Humuya Inn via their chat room on their website, I asked if there were any transportation too and from the airport. There was a person waiting for me when I got off the airport, and they brought me directly to the hotel. When my airline reservations changed and I needed to leave earlier than expected, the Humuya staff not only understood my situation, but they assisted in calling to make sure I was able to obtain the flights I needed. The room? Just look at the photos on their website. It is like you see. Beautiful, comfortable, spacious, exquisite. If I am able to return for business, I will be staying, again, at the Humuya Inn. Thank you Jasmine for your professionalism and assisting!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your Humuya Inn experience with others. It is great to see management decisions such as our on-line chat be a helpful to our guests. When we add services such as this our hope is that the technology makes our guests stay more convenient. And I am so glad you took the chance to tell us about that. Thank you for taking notice of our Front desk efforts with your flight and Jasmine's assistance throughout your stay.

Again thank you for taking from your valuable time to tell others about your experience at the Humuya Inn.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I absolutely loved the Humaya Inn. Tucked away from all of the hustle and bustle of city traffic and busy life, we found it to be a safe haven. My husband and I had some ministry business to attend to in three places around Honduras. On the last few days of our trip, we visited the Humaya for some good ole down home R&R. Let me tell you, it was everything I had dreamed and more. Other than not actually finding the hotel for a 3.5 hour charade due to the lack of street signs, it was next to heaven. But they were so gracious to send someone to come find us after a lightbulb went off in my head to call them. (*you really have to pay attention in Tegu traffic, if you want to live LOL) It was my first time visiting Honduras, and so I checked out the previous tripadvisor reviews about this hotel before booking our stay. it was immaculate and looked just like the pictures. I must say, my husband and I were thoroughly impressed with everything from the staff, the room, the shower, hot breakfast in the morning, and the internet cafe with its rainforest like ambiance. It was truly as if we were in paradise. The room was absolutely amazing and made for a very peaceful and restful evening long two night stay. Michael and the others made us feel very welcome and the price was pretty reasonable for all we had experienced. I am very excited to say that we'll be making the Humaya Inn our home away from home as we will need to visit Honduras a few times per year. <3 Love <3 Love <3 Loved it! Thanks for making our stay memorable. It was as if we were staying with relatives and friends instead of strangers. (0) hugs to all

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank you for your wonderful words about our Inn. I'm so sorry that it took you so long to find the Inn. Tegucigalpa is a tough and hectic city to get around in. If you visit us again please print out the "taxi map" located on our website. I'm glad our staff responded correctly in going to find you and getting you to our little oasis.

Thank you for taking notice of all the little things that we do at the Inn and we are pleased to know that we will be your "home away from home" when in Tegucigalpa.

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Cabra Rides has our clients stay at Humuya Inn as this place is conveniently located, and puts in striking distance of at least 10 great mountain biking destinations. Guests can relax in a safe, clean environment after a long day of cycling. Massage services and a gourmet meal are just the ticket after spending the day pedaling through the local mountains. Thanks for great service, great staff, and a commitment to investing in Honduras.

Room Tip: The apartments are fabulously decorated and furnished. The investment in stainless steel appliances...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank you Cabra rides for your review. We are really excited about the potential for Tegucigalpa and Honduras to become a center for mountain biking. We love working with Cabra rides and we continue to look for ways to serve your special clientele. Thank you for taking notice of all the things we do for our active guests (quality food and spa services). We also thank you for believing in Honduras by opening up operations in our wonderful country.

Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2012

First time to central america, this place just takes care of you. Traveled part of the time with friend that knew spanish, I spoke very little, but they took care of me. Have vetted some very good taxi drivers. Went to a few places, no problems. Is very close to airport. Just a beautiful Hotel. Courtyard was beautiful.

Room Tip: don't freak out....every place has an armed guard... ;)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brian M
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear Brian M.,

We are so pleased that you felt taken care of while with us at the Inn. That is one of our staff goals and to hear it proclaimed by a guest is a tremendous motivator. I'm glad to hear that our carefully chosen drivers worked out well. We spend a lot of time getting to know the drivers who will be driving around our important guests. We are in fact the closest 4-5 star hotel to the airport.

We know your time is valuable and we greatly appreciate taking your time to review our Hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This boutique hotel has it all. The layout is open-air with multiple floors connected by stone staircases. Beautiful fountain on the ground level, along with various trees, flowers, and plants. Service is fantastic. Rooms are beautiful and come in many sizes. Great, hi-speed WiFi. If you choose to eat there, they serve fantastic food. To top it all off (no pun intended), there is a beautiful terrace that overlooks the city.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear Tobie M

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel so that others can get candid opinions about your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the things we are doing well. It is encouraging to all of our staff to hear such positive things about the hard work they put into making the Inn an oasis. That term (oasis) is the description most used by first time guests to characterize our Inn. Thank you once again for taking your valuable time to review our Hotel.

Arizona, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The Tegucigalpa Inn as Close to the Airport to Regrouping For the Mission Ahead. The staff very friendly & helpful, Beds comfortable, food tasty and atmosphere quaint. Loved it. Thank you! The Tegucigalpa Inn as Close to the Airport to Regrouping For the Mission Ahead. The staff very friendly & helpful, Beds comfortable, food tasty and atmosphere quaint. Loved it. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and giving us your feedback on our establishment.
During the last several years, we have enjoyed hosting many mission teams and allowing them to find rest after a hard day's work.

We hope this is not the first or last time your team stays with us.

Sincerely yours,