“Perfect place to stay!”

Hotel Humuya Inn
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 July 2013

- Really reasonably priced. We stayed in room 207. Very clean. 2 very comfortable beds after a long flight, clean shower and bathroom. AC and a ceiling fan! Quiet larger than I thought it was going to be!
- Local owners
- Delicious breakfast. Beautiful pineapple and mango. Coffee was perfect. Tea any time you need it. I love that they have a large water jug to fill your water bottle.
- The staff is very helpful and friendly. Since it's tucked in a neighborhood, they recommended we take a taxi to the places we wanted to go to... was a very good advice, as we thought we could walk home from the Marriott... and was lost for about 2 hours. But the surrounding neighbors were quiet nice and we felt safe.
- $15 for a pick up at the airport to the Inn.
- Roof top deck - Large, nice for relaxation with a cool breeze
- there isn't a whole lot around this area, but we only were there for 2 days, and was there to rest.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Travel Bug,

Thank you for your informative review regarding our Inn and I am glad that staying with us was restful.

I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and especially the mango and pineapple which were in season during your visit. The mango most likely came from the tree in the garden area. On your next visit ask for the mango dressing for your salad. We only make it a couple months of the year and it is delicious.

I'm glad that our front desk staff were able to give you good advice about getting around in Tegucigalpa. Tegucigalpa can be crazy and hard to get around even for the seasoned driver (walker).

Thank you again for your wonderful review of or Inn. Enjoy your travels and we look forward to being your host again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Humuya Inn

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We have stayed with the Humuya Inn for 13 years now and would never stay anywhere else in Tegucigalpa. The rooms are always perfectly clean, the staff so helpful and courteous, the food delicious, everything you could hope for when traveling. Well worth the money. So cozy, it's like our home in Honduras!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jennifer,

It is hard to believe it has been 13 years since you first stayed at the Humuya Inn. It has been an absolute joy to be able to serve you and your guest's over this span of time.

We thank you for your patronage to the Humuya Inn and look forward to continually serving you and your guest's in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is truly a home away from home! Rooms are more than enough room. Great comp breakfast in the morning. Workout center along with a great relaxing area on the roof! Could not ask for more value with the price tag. If your looking for accommodations that are simular to the states, this is your place

1  Thank Brent A

Dear Brent,

Thank you for recognizing that the Humuya Inn is truly a home away from home.

Thank you for mentioning our workout center with the two recently added machines the elliptical and treadmill. The roof top terrace continues to be a place that guests enjoy for its great views and quiet peacefulness. And lastly glad that you consider our product as a good value.

Thank you for taking time to review our Inn.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I needed a hotel in Teguc for a night before leaving the next day. Found this well-reviewed property on Trip Advisor, and have to say that Trip Advisor comes through for me again. I would definitely choose to stay here again.

It is a small hotel with a lot of character. The front desk attendant spoke good English, but was happy to let me practice my rusty Spanish. I stayed in a standard room, which was clean and nicely decorated. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean. I had a little trouble getting the AC to work, but the ceiling fan provided adequate cooling (I'm sure I could have asked for help with the AC). The best part of this hotel for me was the dining/patio area in the center of the hotel; open air with plants, lights, and small water fountains. For much of the time I was eating/reading there, I was the only one present, and it was amazingly peaceful. A simple breakfast is provided free (fresh fruit, juice, cereal, breads, pancakes) or you can pay for a cooked breakfast from their menu. In the morning, the front desk called a cab and it was a short drive to the airport. Should I find myself in Teguc again, I will be back at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pigburner

Dear recent guest,

I am very pleased that Trip Advisor is a trusted source for quality information and reviews such as yours that tell others what to expect.

Thank you for sharing with others about your experience at our Inn and I am glad that it was such a relaxing visit. So many guests do enjoy our garden area and many refer to it as an "oasis" in the city.

I do hope that we will see you again soon at the Humuya Inn in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We had an awesome time with this place and it's staff! Very comfortable and great location in the middle of the Teguc sprawl! The staff was very helpful and met our every need. Thanks guys! Very quite and great breakfast for the goers. We will love to visit again soon! Mark for the Hope Coffee team in Honduras...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fittzhondurascom

Dear Mr Fittz,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Inn and staff. I am glad that our staff were able to assist you with your every need during your stay here in Tegucigalpa.

Thank you for taking from your valuable time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

This was my third time staying at the Humuya Inn but the first in almost 2 years as I had been using another local hotel. I decided to stay at the Humuya Inn again for this trip and am glad I did.

The hotel itself is pretty basic on the outside but is quite lovelyl inside. Very well done with a combination of being very comfortable yet quite classy at the same time. Our standard room with a balcony was just about perfect and I almost feel like I shouldn't give the room number # so it's available to us again next time. That said the room # was 109 and it's situated in the corner of the first floor. Very easy access from the lobby, parking, etc but also nicely tucked away and the balcony was really nice. The gardens pictured on the website are lovely and are prety much exactly as they appear in the pictures, if not nicer. The hotel has added some nice touchs since I was there last with some really nice rooftop deck areas with great views of Tegucigalpa, comfortable seating and also a small spa area where one can receive spa treatments, etc.

All of the employees were excellent and very friendly. The front desk staff all speak english very well although this din't really matter to us. This hotel receives alot of mission groups so I'm sure that would be a major bonus for those folks. The housekeeping staff were also friendly and very efficient. Sorry I didn't catch his name but the tall gentleman working the front desk was super friendly and accomodating. The hotel supplies a continental style breakfast that is pretty good although somewhat hit and miss depending on what time you arrive. I believe this may just be if you arrive shortly after a larger group. They also have a larger menu that you can use for an additional fee if you would like. We did eat dinner in the hotel twice as well and both times the food was quite good and very reasoanbly priced.

Just to comment on a few things I have seen in other reviews. The hotel IS located in a safe residential area and seems to be away from everything but it really isnt. Once you know your way around you will find that you can arrive at The Mall Las Cascadas in about 5 minutes. It's probably close enough to walk but I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you're a "gringo". You can also get to the Mall Multiplaza in less than 10 minutes. Both of these areas are very nice large malls and are basically pretty safe to tourists. The hotel is NOT nearly as difficult to find as some have said but if not familiar with the city and coming from the airport simply head towads Plaza miraflores and then take the exit labeled "Colonia Humuya" and take the first right after the stop sign and it will take you right to it. Parking is a breeze with parking outside the front of the hotel or indoor garage parking around back. The hotel has a guard/attendant on duty 24 hours and they were always happy to help if needed.

Overall this hotel is close to perfect, at least for our needs. The only thing I can think of that could have been better is if the housekeeper wouldn't have kept turning off the air and/or fan when we were gne during the day. The temps were in the low 90's and everytime we would return the room would be quite warm again. The air worked ok (although a little finnicky) but it wasn't strong enough to cool the room very fast. To her defense we could have simply asked her to leave the ceiling fan going :) There also isn't a pool but not to many hotels in Tegus have a decent pool anyway.

BTW..the free WI-FI works perfectly and the TV has stations in english as well if that's important to you.

Room Tip: Room 109 with balcony is very nice. I also have stayed in suite 101 which is quite large, very nice...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bphawk64
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear bpHawk64,

Thank you for your incredibly in-depth review of our Inn. It is always encouraging when past guests come back to Inn and notice the continual improvements we are making.

The tall gentleman (6'6") at the front desk is Michael and we are proud to have him on our staff. Thank you for mentioning his service.

We look forward to hosting you for your next stay in Tegucigalpa.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my family for days. Its probably one of the best if not the best hotel in honduras. The staff is very professional and nice. Very clean and safe place to stay in. I would recommend it 200%.

Es un maravillosos hotel. Muy limpio y seguro. Me encanto quedarme ahi por 3 dias con mi familia. Excelente hotel, muy tranquilo y el personal es muy amable y profesional. Ojalas que sigan asi de buenos.

Room Tip: The junio suite is excellent. You basically feel like home.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank marcosflores1980
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Hotel Humuya Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We love hearing how families enjoy staying in our establishment. Our staff was very encouraged to hear your visit was a pleasant one and that they met all of your needs.

We hope this is not the first or last time you and your family come stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting us know how we can serve you better.

Owner