“best service”

Hotel Humuya Inn
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 April 2009

the Humuya is just great; excelent service, owners on site, free wi-fi, ample rooms with cable.

If you need an affordable hotel in Tegucigalpa this is a great alternative.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Humuya Inn

Reviewed 19 April 2009

We spent two nights at this hotel, one and the begining and one and the end of our trip.

We had prebooked a taxi collection which had been confirmed by email, but when we arrived at the airport nobody was there to collect us. This was rather a problem, as my cell phone didn't work and neither of us spoke Spanish. However, we found an information desk who were able to contact the hotel and send a taxi after about a further 20 minutes wait.

The hotel itself was lovely, the courtyard setting was very pretty and we sat and had a nice lunch outside. There is a comfortable sitting area inside too. The rooms are pleasant and well decorated, the only problem we had was on the second visit there was no hot water in the bathroom. There is also a great roof terrace which gives superb views over the city. If you need to use the internet, there are 3 computers providing free access.

Breakfast was good, continental version is included within the room rate which was more than enough for us (toasts/cereal/fresh fruits/juice etc) but you could also pay extra for a full cooked brakfast if you want it.

Overall the service was good, the only complaint I had was when checking out the receptionist told me there was no change available and I only had large bills. I had to really push quite hard for her to go and find someone to sort it out for me (the owner did come out and give me my change eventually but it was a lengthy process).

I think this is a good option when staying in Tegucigalpa, and has more character and personality than some of the larger chain hotels.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2009

The hotel is in a very quiet neighborhood about 15 minutes walking distance to the mall. It is very safe to walk around during the day. The property is very well maintained and offers a very tranquil environment. There is a garden courtyard behind the covered terrace when you can eat. A very nice continental breakfast is included. Rooms are spacious, and internet, cable T.V., hot water, and air conditioner all worked well. There was even a little patio off the bedroom. Staff here is top notch. The first day we needed money from the ATM, so the desk clerk walked with us to the mall on her break. Everyone was attentive to our needs. They have a guard at the front door 24/7, so we felt very safe. This is a lovely hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2009

I have been traveling to and from Honduras for many years. I have stayed in some of the worst and best hotels in the entire country. The Humuya Inn is without a doubt one of the BEST hotels, if not the best comfortable and yet cultural stay in all of Honduras. It is off the beaten path but in the heart of the capital city. The rooms are beautiful. The staff was exceptionally professional. The food is good and safe and the ambience is so quiet and tranquil.

It is a great spot for groups traveling to Honduras, business meetings, conferences or purely for personal enjoyment. This hotel is a must stay. I know I will be back to the Humuya as a frequent guest.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2009

We enjoyed being at Humuya Inn, especially after having been out of town for some days. It was quiet, restful, attractive, with good service. The only thing we found difficult was finding it!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2009

I have stayed at the Humuya Inn for the last 9 years while in Honduras. There have been many wonderful changes over the years and the Humuya Inn is constantly upgrading to meet the needs of their clientele while maintaining it's wonderful family atmosphere. I travel for mission trips and am always accomodated with the utmost grace and service. There is a large roof-top patio for meetings and gatherings which gives a wonderful view of Teguc at night as well as a large sitting area downstairs. The patio/garden area is wonderful for a relaxing breakfast in the morning before going to work for the day. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. The staff and owners are always avialable and willing to meet every reasonable need. If you are looking for a comfortable, accomdating and reasonable place to stay while in Teguc, look no further. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is peaceful. The staff at the Humuya Inn are bilingual and knowledgeable of the area. I feel like I'm at home when I stay at the Humuya Inn.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 16 January 2009

My husband and I enjoyed the cheery, non-intrusive atmosphere with beautiful plants and patio atmosphere for a nice breakfast, great other meals at fair prices, helpfulness from the staff and owner for info. or needs for a week. We'll go back for 3 weeks in Jan. taking other friends. We did have a spacious suite, will take a 2-bedroom, 2-bath next time. LOVE the location away from traffic and with meeting area and whatever we discover we need. Fullest recommendation. Linda from Dallas

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)