“Conosiendo Honduras” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Trujillo
Baltimore, Maryland
“Conosiendo Honduras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed in Tranquility Bay For two days with my family we rented two Cabanas. Tranquility is like 3 or 4 minutes from town.
The retreat was so peaceful. El mar tranquilo. The food delicious. The people that took care of the Tranquility were very friendly. Rooms very clean. My daughter age (2) loved the monkey (chimi). The ocean very calm. The area was very safe. I did not want to stay in a hotel that was not safe. Specially since i had my two year old daughter. My advice to you. Eat at the Hotel. The Food is healthy and save to eat. After Trujillo we went to Tela Mar in Tela, Honduras and it was very very expensive. I Regret living Tanquility Bay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank naslain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Victor, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have stayed here twice when visiting my daughter. I loved it. They have the most beautiful cabanas and great food. Carlos and Louisa (sp.) are such warm, friendly people. It is everything one thinks of when picturing the Caribbean.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Maureen P
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

My Husband and I were traveling through Honduras on our honeymoon. We were only planning on staying in Trujillo for a couple days, but loved it so much at Tranquility Bay we ended up staying for 10. Linda, the owner, was fantastic. You can tell that she treats her staff as well as she treats her guests, because they all seemed so happy to be there and were proud of their work. The girls in the kitchen made delicious food, and were very accommodating to dietary restrictions and allergies. The rooms were lovely, large, and clean. The friendly resident rescue monkey "Chimey" was adorable. Such a magical place! We would love to go back anytime.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Papeete
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stumbled across this place while walking along the beach. I was so impressed that I went back the next day and stayed for 2 nights. It is one of the highlights of my stay in Honduras. The accommodation was superior, the owners, Linda, Larry and Danny and staff all excellent and super friendly and hospitable. It was also peaceful and beautiful. I will be back!

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

Spent a fantastic two nights at Tranquility Bay. Gorgeous, spacious rooms with considerate, personal added touches such as insect repellent, umbrellas, bottled water and some toiletries. Amazing hospitality. Nothing too much trouble for Linda, Larry and the staff. Such friendly, warm people. Great breakfasts and dinner as well. Right on the beach, very tranquil and scenic. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank spandbb
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

My significant other and I were blessed by the good fortune of stumbling upon Tranquility Bay during a spontaneous Honduran road trip this spring/summer. We were exploring the coastal tropical backwoods by rented car and bouncing down a bird-packed path outside the rustic Caribbean Trujillo, when we stopped by a treelined path leading down to a sparkling bay. We stepped across a footbridge and a tiny but vivicacious and friendly monkey ran up to us and began gesturing playfully and climbing trees around us. The next three days were packed with chatting with fellow travelers and the kind and gracious proprietors -- we really felt like part of the neighborhood as we sipped coffee and fruit smoothees in the late morning after our top notch stand-up paddling nautical exercise experience in the pristine and starfish and sand-dollar packed waters. The beachside cabanas were extremely thoughtfully done (ie had in roof safes so one could swim freely without worrying about ones changepurse) and great showers beds etc. and first-world clean. Earnest locals were delighted to introduce us to the area, and we really enjoyed being nestled in the rainforest amidst blackthroated trogons, ferruginous pygmy owls and other colorful birds and fruits. It was an invigorating stay amidst thoughtful hosts and dreamlike environs. The value at proposition at Tranquility Bay is extremely compelling and the proprietors are sincerely warm hosts and responsible stewards of this uniquely biodiversity-rich beach retreat set on a coastal road out of town, between inviting sea and lively jungle.

Room Tip: The rooms are all great.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeenEverwhereLovedIt
Lynden, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

I have travelled the world and yet no one place stands out in my mind and in my bank of memories quite the same as Tranquility Bay. I have been home for a couple months now but every day that I have been home a sweet memory has popped into my mind and I smile. Larry, Linda and Danny went above and beyond to make our stay there just perfect. The beach is breath taking, the staff at the resort are some of the most loveable that I have ever had the joy of meeting. This is a place that I plan to come back to over and over again. I tell all my friends and family about it. The beauty is indescribable. Chimmee the monkey is just so loveable. The water is incredible. The memories are unmeasurable.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank DebDave73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trujillo
Hotel Papa Beto
Trujillo Beach Eco Resort
Hotel y Cabanas Ros
Hotel y Cabanas Ros
#1 of 2 in Valle de Angeles

Been to Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat? Share your experiences!