“A respite for two wondering Americans” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat

Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Trujillo
Dallas, Texas
“A respite for two wondering Americans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

What should have been just a few days at Tranquility Bay ended up being a FULL week. Larry & Linda are truly the best proprietors i've encountered. Attentive, honest, knowledgeable and most of all, their love and respect for animals is massive. Our days were filled with strong Honduran coffee, AMAZING fruit salad (we had it for breakfast EVERY dang day!!) and Luisa's tasty creations. Luisa and Carlos (the right hands at the property) were God-sent. They bent over backwards to make sure our bellies were full and delighted. Pupusas ? sure! they went and got the needed ingredients just for us ( I ate 10!). My business partner had a full fish prepared while I had tasty pork chops. I could go on and on about the food but I digress. Your stay here will be unlike any other. Their animals couldn't be in better hands. Loved, well fed, enriched and cared with outmost respect. They have become a sanctuary for animals in a country where anything not human is seen as a meal, given the abhorrent poverty found in Honduras. It was a pleasure to spend a week in Tranquility Bay Beach Resort, i've been home a week and continue to wake up dreaming of the beautiful beach and my decadent fruit salad. Your stay here will be a brilliant part of your trip to this picturesque town.

Room Tip: Cabana #1 is the closest to the beach, however all the cabana's are beautiful and will make anyo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
siovermere123, Public Relations Manager at Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Well, I am waiting patiently for my two favourite Americans to "wander" back here. Shelly, I am reading the book, "don't shoot the dog" but did not get a workbook with it. I am wondering how I could get one. Are you coming soon?
I just re read your wonderful comments and did not realize I had not responded. Thank you for your affirmation, encouragement and friendship.
We are eagerly awaiting the first cruise ship. Wish you were here to experience it with us,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife (6 months pregnant at the time) and I were vacationing with two other couples in January 2013. Larry, one of Tranquility Bays owners, piloted us to a resort on Guanaja off the coast. Due to a tropical storm, we were unable to get back to the airport in La Ceiba. We ended up spending three days with Larry and Linda awaiting a flight out. It was an amazing three days! Beyond the wonderful meals prepared by Jehar, Linda took us out to local villages where we were able to experience some of the local culture. Larry's son Danny took us out as well, where we were able to met some local merchants. The team at Tranquility Bay embraced us from the moment we arrived and this accidental vacation turned into one my wife and I will never forget!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank OhioWilliams
siovermere123, Owner at Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
What a great surprise to hear from you. We often think of your fun loving group, the storm, the rescue off the island and the great time we shared.
We also have wondered how the delivery went, are you the proud parents of a boy or girl and how is life for you both with a new baby in the house?
We sincerely hope our paths will cross once again. By the way, we now have four horses..please pass on our best wishes to the others.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Thanks Linda and Larry for sharing a piece of Tranquility with me and a few friends. I felt at home and thank you for having us. It made my stay a great memory. Nothing like waking up in the morning and going for a swim on a nice sandy beach lying in your hammocks and using the internet. Meals were great. Girls liked the board paddling . Great feeling being in a Tropical setting. I would recommend the visit and coming back soon.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Edmon2n2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your very first trip advisor report. Using your unique expression, "how cool is that!" We have enjoyed getting to know you and spending time at the tiki bar with you. It is always a pleasure and we will be waiting for another phone call to announce that you are on your way to visit us again.
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Since last December my boyfriend and I had plans to go to this place when we seen the pics and reviews on trip advisor, we were able to do it until April and although our arrival was a bit complicated -we got there around 10 30 pm- we were received in such a nice way, for starters we were starving and even though the cooks were already out they let me prepare our dinner in their kitchen which was fantastic, their kitchen is great! The cabin we got was the closest one to the beach, it was perfect, the most important facts for us lots of water, coffee and very clean, the bed was comfy and the cabin is decorated with lots of taste, the beach is one of the prettiest beaches I have seen in my country, it is really beautiful. The experience with the animals was beautiful for us, I fell in love with the toucans and couldn't believe how nice they were I had the pleasure to pet them and take pictures with them, I loved watching Linda horseback riding and adored having the dogs around us all the time, we enjoyed conversing with Larry. From the moment you enter this place you breathe tranquility and it has excellent views of the mountains. We had an awesome time in this place, Linda and Larry thank you for making our stay so pleasant you are super nice and we loved and recommend your place...

Room Tip: Cabin closest to the beach the best!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
siovermere123, Owner at Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
The entire Tranquility Bay family send their greetings to you. Chester and Nettie are hopping around outside, enjoying the sun and the monkeys are up to their usual tricks. It is rather quiet now, following Holy Week, so feel free to come back and hang out here again with all of us.
We will reserve your cabana and hammock..
Cranbrook, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

This is truly a gem! The beach and bay are wonderful. It is very calm, clear water with a great sandy bottom...perfect for swimming and paddle boarding. My cabana was perfectly clean and spacious. The grounds are nicely kept and the setting is very peaceful. Larry and Linda are great hosts and the food was delicious. I would recommend this spot to anyone travelling to the Trujillo area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time from your very busy life at home, to send such a thoughtful review. The pleasure was truly ours and we are still talking about how quickly you caught on to paddle boarding. Next time, we will include a horseback ride and snorkel trip.
We look forward to sharing Tranquility bay with you and your family on your next visit.
I will think of you every time I use my "Optimum"card.
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Everything about this place is perfect for a private couples weekend. It is very off the regular tourist trail and only 2 hrs or so out of the way if your coming from the Bay Islands. The bungalows are large and comfortable, the views from the beach stunning, and they even have friendly toucans and monkeys to play with. The incredibly friendly and accommodating owners even mentioned flying guests into to Trujillo on their private plane. If you're partied out from Utila, this is a perfect place to appreciate the beauty and tranquility of Honduras.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ross w
Thank you for your kind review and we are so glad you ventured off the beaten track to visit us. We look forward to sharing our slice of tranquility with you again.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Tranquility Bay is beautiful and quiet getaway. It is right on the beach and the mountains are on the inland side. You can't beat the view. While the location is important and the accommodations were nice, what really makes a place special is its people and service, and at tranquility bay those qualities are unbeatable. The owners Larry and Linda are spectacular and incredibly personable people and their staff Adam, Rod, and Carlos were friendly and always more than helpful. They were great for conversation and always encouraging us and helping us to enjoy the full experience of Trujillo and Honduras. The place really has a wonderful quality to it that gives it homey, friendly sense of security and beauty. I am so grateful for all that the staff did for us and their hospitality. That's a quality you can't teach or pay for. Overall, great place, great people, beautiful view.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tranquilitybay, Owner at Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Well, I am assuming you all made it back safely. It was a delightful experience sharing our wee spot of paradise with you. The feedback from the FINCA was great. You arrived at a time they needed a dose of encouragement and extra hands to finish off a few projects. Your enthusiasm was so contagious and I do not recall ever hosting a happier group.
We would love to host you on a return trip as you brightened the days for all of us. We were happy to do our part, which was to provide the physical needs and comforts for you and your friends.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trujillo
Hotel Papa Beto
Trujillo Beach Eco Resort
Hotel y Cabanas Ros
Hotel y Cabanas Ros
#1 of 2 in Valle de Angeles

Been to Tranquility Bay Beach Retreat? Share your experiences!