“Service Excellence”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here for a month and a half while I searched for a house and started working in Athens, GA. My stay was very comfortable, and management/staff were professional and friendly. Given the length of time I stayed there (while I was in the process of buying a house and moving), I had a good bit of my belongings in my room and I'm sure it wasn't an easy room to service but they did a great job cleaning every day. Ed was always a friendly face in the mornings, offering a nice "good morning" and checking on how my stay was going. He offered a fresh selection of breakfast foods for all guests and made everyone feel welcome. The location is central to downtown, the university areas, and roads leading to Atlanta.

Room Tip: I recommend the higher floor (4th floor), as it tends to get busy on the weekends here. So if you a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
EdTarasavage, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for the incredible feedback that you gave us during your long term stay at our hotel. The time went by so quickly and all of our staff enjoyed visiting with you each day. We are so pleased that we provided you with EXCELLENT service while you were here.

Hopefully you will stay with us again in the future for a little rest and relaxation. Thank you for your business and the wonderful review.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Room was immaculate, average size, with excellent furnishings. I was tremendously impressed by the lobby which had several nooks with comfortable armchairs for lounging. There was also a 'library' area and a very nice 'office' center. The breakfast buffet was also very good. I was also delighted by the outgoing, friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. Our team works very hard to provide EXCELLENT service to our guests. We are proud of the complimentary full breakfast that we prepare each day and we are please that you enjoyed it.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We had originally planned our stay for two nights, but due to circumstances changing we needed to leave after the first night. We had left our stuff in the room until 5:30 pm on the second day. When I explained to the manager what had occurred, I could not even ask if it were possible to not have to pay for the second night because he had already offered that to me! The staff are a class act, the hotel is beautiful and the service is second to none.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for the nice comment regarding the service your received from Zach our front office manager. Our team strives to provide EXCELLENT service each day to our guests. We appreciate the kind comments regarding our staff and service. We definitely agree with you that we have a beautiful hotel.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Excellent location for my trip to UGA and any future trips I will look first to this property for availiabilty

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
EdTarasavage, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We work hard each day to provide EXCELLENT service to our guests. Our team is very pleased that you will look to stay at our hotel first on your next trip back to Athens, GA.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

The customer service here is exceptional. Beautiful decor, clean, modern and great breakfast!! I loved the fact that I didn't have a whole lengthy check-out process. I want to visit again and I recommend this hotel to any and everyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
EdTarasavage, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for the terrific review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We are very pleased that we provided you with exceptional service and that you appreciated our hotel decor, cleanliness and our complimentary full breakfast that we are very proud to serve each morning. We work hard to provide our guests with EXCELLENT service and we are happy you loved our check-out process.

Thank you for your business and the wonderful recommendation. On behalf of the team at the Country Inn & Suites Athens we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We just stayed last Saturday. The hotel was beautiful, quiet, very clean, comfortable rooms, and the best breakfast bar I have been to! Everything was fresh and hot. Ripe, fresh fruit! Even GOOD coffee! We were in town for a gymnastics meet. We had to be on the campus at 7:30am. We did not know when we would return that morning from the competition to check out. They allowed us a late check out time! So we grabbed a quick bite after the competition before heading back to the hotel to pack up. They even let us have a little swim before we hit the road. The manager was very hospitable. We will stay again when we go back. Thank you Mr. Tarasavage! Your staff was so nice and helpful!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
EdTarasavage, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Thank you for the fantastic feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. Our team works very hard each day to provide EXCELLENT service to our guests. We are very proud of the breakfast we serve each day and we are glad you noticed our efforts. We are pleased that we could accommodate your request for a late checkout. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit to Athens and our hotel.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This was by far the most pleasant stay I have had anywhere. The staff was very warm and friendly and went out of their way to get whatever you needed. The room was extrordinarily clean and very up to date. I will definitelly be visiting again soon. My hats off to you Country Inn and Suites Athens.

Room Tip: The suites are wonderful
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
EdTarasavage, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback you gave us regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We are so pleased that our team provided you with EXCELLENT service during your stay. Thank you for your business and our hats off to you for choosing us. We look forward to your next visit to Athens and our hotel.