“True Southern Hospitality”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Dawsonville, Georgia, United States
“True Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The staff of this hotel treated me with such kindness. Zach, Chris, Omar and Jan went out of their way to make me feel comfortable during a very stressful time in my life. My
room is very spacious, clean and quiet. The hotel is conveniently located to the major hospitals in the area. There also are restaurants, shopping and Fresh Produce right by the hotel. I chose this hotel just based on my previous stay at a Country Inn in Florida. I feel safe and secure which is a wonderful plus. Thanks to all for going over and beyond the expected to make me feel at home.

Room Tip: The rooms tucked in the corners (not open to the atrium) are extremely quiet. I prefer the top floo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Melissa R
Country Inn A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Tip of the hat and a nod of the head to you good Sir!

Brian Cotter, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Murphy, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We stayed one night at the Country Inn and Suites in Athens, GA. We really love the one in Port Canaveral, FL so we thought we'd like this one as well. The hotel and the room were clean. The room we had was large with plenty of room. The whole place was very elegant. I'm still a fan but there were just a couple of things that weren't up to par as far as we were concerned. First, the breakfast was not at all what was advertised on the website, nor was it what they serve at the one in Port Canaveral. We were disappointed that they didn't have gravy, omelets, or bacon, as advertised. The eggs were cold and the biscuits were hard and cold. The fruit was limited to strawberries and cantaloupe. While the room we had, (4th floor, back corner) was large and clean, it was noisy. We could here the television and people talking in the room next to us and we could hear the sounds from the street. I guess you can't help that. But we did think it should've been a lot quieter from within the hotel itself. It was listed on TripAdvisor as the #1 rated hotel in Athens, so I guess things could've been worse. :)
All in all, not a bad hotel for the price.

Room Tip: The back corner room, #424, is large and roomy!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank You for the review we look forward to having these issues addressed before your next arrival.

Best,

Brian Cotter
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Dra Cunnigham had excellent service. He was very professional and friendly. He made my stay a lot nore fun. I felt if I has any problems he would be sure to take care of it. He guided me to the right places. When I needed to buy something or make some coffe he made sure I had everything I needed.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank You for the perfect review and we look forward to your return.

Best,

Brian Cotter, GM
Summerville, Georgia
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

This was our first time to Athens and this was a great hotel. Close to downtown and great eating places. The room was large and very clean. The hot breakfast was good. Only complaint is that they only have one elevator and it is sooo slow.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
ZachNeff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Country Inn & Suites-Athens. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We hope that your travels bring you back this way again so that we can further exceed your expectations with EXCELLENT service. Thank you very much for your business.
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Breakfast staff was amazing. They really went above and beyond for us. They even opened up an hour earlier then normal for us! Thank you!

Our room was very quiet and relaxing!

We would definitely stay here again, if we're ever in Athens!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay!
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed here with my boys when attending Augusta. Plenty of parking, good location for what we wanted to do. (About 2hr to Augusta) the hotel staff are very friendly and made our stay very comfortable. The free wifi was a real bonus because it seems many places charge for this. My boys really enjoyed the breakfasts and I made my first waffle with the help of a member of staff.
I would definitely stay again if I needed to be in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We are very proud of the caring, comfortable, and consistent level of service we provide here at the Country Inn & Suites-Athens. We know that you have a lot of options to choose from when selecting a hotel and we really appreciate that you chose to do business with us. If you are ever in the area again, we hope that you will stay with us again and we have the opportunity to provide you with and even more EXCELLENT experience next time.
Knoxville, Illinois
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I got started on searching for G-day accomodations a liitle late. Did my investigating thru Trip Advisor and decided this was the hotel that I wanted to stay in. I got lucky after 7 days of waiting and got Friday night accomadations, then about 10 days later the manager tracked me down on my cell phone as I was traveling from Illinois and told me she had a cancellation for Saturday night. I appreciated them keeping their word of actually remembering my name on a list for folks like me. Beautiful hotel, limited, but very good breakfast, Clean rooms. 5 minute drive to campus. Thanks to the mgr (Ididn't get her name) who called. Mr. Mason.

Room Tip: I had 314 and it was as quiet as a tomb.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We work very hard to honor all of our commitments with our guests and partners in the community and we are very pleased that you had such a positive experience. We hope that you will visit us again on your next trip through Athens so that we can exceed your expectations with our EXCELLENT service. On behalf of the entire team here in Athens I would like to thank you for your review and for your business, Mr. Mason.