“I'm torn...”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Fargo, ND
“I'm torn...”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I'm torn regarding my review of this place. The employees were friendly and my suite was roomy with a comfy bed. Breakfast was the basic continental with great oatmeal. But here's the main problem: when I checked in, the gentleman who helped me said my room number aloud, not one but twice. There were people within hearing distance, and even if there weren't, a guest's room number should NEVER be said out loud. Point to it on the little envelope given to guests. That alone makes me second guess staying here again. Plus there were no towel racks in the bathroom and nothing in the exercise room to wipe down the equipment. Those two things aren't deal breakers but the safety thing sure is.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Country Inn A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your business. It is every hotels policy not to announce room numbers aloud. This was a brand new employee to the hotel and to the industry. When I went to address the issue after reading your review it had already been covered with him and I was assured it would not happen again. I hope you do try us again because while being a serious issue it is a easy correction and we apologize for the mistake.

Brian Cotter, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Chilhowie, Virginia
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Booked 3 rooms at the country inn and suites for UGA Law School graduation this weekend. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I was disappointed with the noise level. I was up early but if not, I would not have been able to sleep past 6:30am! Friends and family in the other rooms experienced the same problem with noise. Part of the problem could be due to the open layout of the hotel. I would like to see the management monitoring the noise level in the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vabama22
Country Inn A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your response and I apologize for the noise. We of course had a full hotel and with the graduation and the tennis tournament people were up early and ready to go (more so than usual). I also appreciate you recognized the hotel for the cleanliness. We try very hard and the staff is one of a kind! Next time your in ask for a room down one of the hallways they do not face the atrium and tend to be a bit quiter.

New Iberia, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were a family group here for graduation so we had three rooms. All the rooms were nice, clean, and comfortable. Rooms, 425 which is handicapped accessible is very big with a nice separate living room. 419 has the two queen beds and 221 has a king bed. The breakfast is nice. Lots of choices from cereal, cooked oatmeal, muffins, bagels & breads. Do it yourself waffles are a hit. The selection of eggs & meat items changed each of the three mornings we were here and that variety is appreciated. The staff set up extra tables in the hall ways so seating was never a problem. The food was replenished regularly and everything was kept neat and clean. All the staff was helpful and pleasant. Parking was OK, even though the hotel was very full. As others have said, the one elevator is a problem, but we took the stairs "down" and only waited on the elevator to go "up."

Room Tip: Room 425 is handicapped accessible and is very spacious. The bathroom is very large to accommodate...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your business and for the review! We certainly hope to see you guys again real soon.

saint simons island
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Country Inn & Suites in Athens was a nice hotel to take the family. The facility was clean, the staff friendly, breakfast good. My only criticism would be that there was only one elevator for 4 floors. Rides were mostly crowded and the wait for the elevator got increasingly longer as the weekend went by. I thought that they should have had at least two elevators.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Country Inn A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for your review and we apologize for the crowd that weekend. I really appreciate the fact you mentioned we are, "a nice hotel to take a family." We take great pride in being family friendly and we always want you to feel at home during your stay. Hopefully we will see you the next time your travels bring you to Athens!

London
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Beautiful Hotel, but problems. There is only one elevator in this hotel and it's slow as molasses. The hotel was full the night we checked in, and the hotel seemed incapable to handle a full house. With four in my party, there was only two bath towels and one coffee cup. The internet didn't work for apple computer users. All the rooms are arranged in a six story configuration around a central lobby. Guests were loud in the lobby until 1:30 am. Not sure where the staff was to keep a lid on this activity.

Room Tip: Ask for a room down one of the few short halls that don't face the lobby.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Country Inn A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for the stay and the review reguarding your stay. I am sorry to hear we had a lobby full of loud guest. We do ask for quiet after 10pm and have posted signs in the lobby but as you can imagine in a four story atrium noises can carry. The majority of families often choose our hotel because we have the largest suites in the Athens area. As for the room not being stocked correctly our deepest apologies. I assure you that is not our standard. If you ever decide to give us another try please reach out to myself and I will personally see to your reservations.

Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Athens. The only thing that kept me from giving the hotel an excellent rating is the location. Management did a nice job with a fence that separates it from a somewhat less desirable area. Only other issue that I had (very minor) was only one elevator and sometimes the wait would be 45 seconds or so. Otherwise an outstanding hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Country Inn A, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
I just wanted to say "Thank You" for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Go Dawgs!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am a Hampton Inn fan all the way and this is about as competitive with the Hampton you can get. The hotel and room furnishings were gorgeous and included Kellex décor...a huge bonus for business folks and anyone who can appreciate good quality furniture.
They pay attention to all the details, just like the Hampton. Things like Bigelow tea, coffee and cookies in the lobby at all hours of the night are just the sort of nuances to make for a comfortable stay and win me over. The staff was exceptional and extremely helpful.
I cannot rate the breakfast, but can say they did have a decent variety of items to choose from. Since I tend to prefer yogurt, there was not much for me but it appeared to be the standard 'just beyond' Continental that many hotels are adopting.
The workout room was excellent, with updated equipment that worked.
This was my first and only stay with Country Inn, and I have no reservations about booking another stay in any city they happen to be located in.

Room Tip: A very busy place, so be sure you find a quiet location away from the large groups passing through.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Country Inn A, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Big Thank You for the review!!!! I am so happy you were impressed enough to make us your second review. We are happy to turn over any "converts" to our brand and especially our hotel. Your Awesome!