“Perfect for Athens stay”

Hotel Indigo Athens-University area
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Roswell, Georgia
“Perfect for Athens stay”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. The decor is minimalist but warm, bed was very comfortable, great shower, loved the wood floors and concrete ceiling!! It had everything I needed. It is not luxury necessarily, but it is very clean, very comfortable, very inviting. Front desk was great. Location perfect: I left my car in the lot for the length of my visit in the downtown area. I will definitely definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
HotelIndigoAthens, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Family4Tripper,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel and staff here at Hotel Indigo-Athens. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the comments on our amenities, style hotel and staff is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again on a future trip into Athens, GA.

Barry Rutherford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Indigo in Athens is an example of an environment friendly hotel, Swedish Style.
The look is a bit modern retro with a touch of rough materials that add to the vibe. I guess it's a popular hangout for the moms and dads of the students since the rate is not realy student oriented.
Perfect and clean rooms, perfect bed and powershower, we liked!
A few blocks away from the bars and dinners.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelIndigoAthens, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Hague Family,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on your stay with us at Hotel Indigo-Athens. We do not typically have international guests stay with us, so we are pleased that you found Hotel Indigo and we met and exceeded your expectations.

Barry Rutherford
Managing Partner, GM
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Recently I stayed over night at the Hotel Indigo in Athens, Georgia and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel was well situated, close to the UGA campus and conference center. Because of the IHG loyalty program parking and internet access were free and the wi fi speed was great; there's also a nice bar with a limited but creative "bistro" menu and an enclosed patio. The interior decor is more like the interior of contemporary European hotels than typical IHG properties. I liked that there was a recycling container in my room and the fact that instead of a bathtub, which I don't use in hotels, there was a very large shower.

This won't be my last stay at a Hotel Indigo.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the penthouse floor, it had extremely high ceilings, floor to ceiling windows and t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank clamrj
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear clamrj,
Thank you for your positive review of Hotel Indigo Athens. We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to hear of your experience at our property. We look forward to your next visit!
Social Circle, Georgia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I will NEVER stay here again! We go to Athens 3-4 times/year with a group to enjoy live music and a night on the town. This was my first and LAST time for Hotel Indigo. Our reservations were botched and over half of our group found themselves without a room at the last minute. Those of us who had rooms had them under wrong names and mine even had a wrong credit card. The room was clean and nice, but considering our long, well planned weekend was almost totally ruined because of incompetent people booking our reservations (and yes we were all given confirmation numbers when we booked...). It was very pricey, so at the very least I expected a room after I booked and received a conformation number!!!

Room Tip: Another hotel...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 4Swan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear 4Swan,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 3 September 2013

For those who are interested in being Eco Friendly, this is the place to stay. The room is furnished with your own recycling containers that go well with the decor. The staff were very friendly and anxious to help with anything I needed. Room was very comfortable and roomy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear BrendaH1963,
We appreciate your review of Hotel Indigo Athens. Thank you for your kind comments; we are thrilled you found the in-room recycling containers to be useful. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here to watch the opening UGA game and had an amazing time. The hotel was very beautiful and clean. The room was gorgeous! All of the hotel staff were so friendly and professional. The food was great and we loved The Bistro. I highly recommend staying there and will definitely be back!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear mparise1116,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear about your pleasant experience. Thank you for sharing your hotel guest room pictures for TripAdvisor readers to see a glimpse of our property. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here a week and loved it - great room, great shower, great breakfast (no nasty buffet served here!) and great staff. I loved little touches such as Jittery Joe's (local) coffee in each room and great Aveda toiletries. I liked the art everywhere and the high ceilings - a really pleasant place to stay. Nice comfy couch in the room too and free wifi! My only negative would be that the bar closed too early (10pm) on most nights. Would definitely stay again - a real breath of fresh air!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear HampshireJetset,
Thank you for your review of our property! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and we value your comments. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and we hope to have you with us again in the near future.