Candlewood Suites Athens-GA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenpots and panssmall kitchenking suitenice hotelfell asleepin townhome away from hometwo night staynice stayrooms are spaciousother hotelsthe hotel staffpantrymicrowavesonicga
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

This will be my official place to rest when I come to Athens. It's very clean and quiet. It's hidden on a main road which makes it easy to drive anywhere. I enjoyed it. I wish they had welcome bags or complimentary breakfast like there sister hotels(Holiday Inn Express), otherwise I'm very please w Candlewood.

• Stayed: May 2013
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for your great review of the Candlewood Suites Athens. We are so glad that you found it quiet and clean. Unfortunately we do not offer free breakfast, but we do have a kitchenette in all the rooms so that you can feel free to cook your own next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here and used the complimentary shuttle to the Sanford Stadium for a concert. The driver was on time and super courteous. Check in and check out was a breeze. I would stay here again if I needed to be in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Guest,

We are glad to see that you had a great stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Athens. We try to go the extra mile when it comes to serving our guests. We do not always offer a complimentary shuttle, but are more than happy to when it comes to special events for our guests, so we are ecstatic you had a good time and thought that the shuttle was great.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The lady working at the front desk had her two small children at work with her throughout our entire stay. The children ran in the lobby and inturrupted us as we were trying to check in. They acted like they owned the place. She had them at work with her clearly on her night shift and again the next day. They treated the lobby as if it was their living room. Our air did not work in our room. We spend the night dripping sweat and had to get ready for a wedding with no air. Maintenance took an hour bc he was "at lunch" don't stay here!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for all the problems you encountered at our hotel. These problems are inexcusable and are being remedied. I hope you give us another chance to prove to you that our hotel is a great place to stay. Once again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here for a night just coming thru Athens for a business trip. It is a different site, but very comfy and quiet. When I got into my room I must say it is spacious even with having a small kitchenette in it. The plus side is the the pantry that has everything!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of the Candlewood Suites-Athens. Our rooms are quite spacious and are great for a one night stay or an extended stay as well. The Cupboard (Pantry) has anything that you might need because we know that after getting to the hotel you do not want to have to go back out to the store to get anything. Once again thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

We reserved a 1 Bedroom Suite at this hotel several weeks in advance November 2012. I called to check on this a few days before the trip and was told by that they did not have the room. Evidently the main reservation center and the local site do not communicate. I changed my reservation to another hotel.
I made another reservation for February 2013. I called the hotel to confirm and was told that there was no way they could guarantee the 1 Bedroom Suite as there might be someone who wanted to extend their stay and they "could not see into the future." I changed my reservation to another hotel.

This was a very nice place to stay but the central reservation service does not communicate with the local hotel.

Room Tip: You very well may not get the room you reserved.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RubyBook
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you liked our hotel, but I am disheartened to hear you had problems making your reservation. The fact that we are an extended stay hotel does occasionally create problems and I do apologize for that. However, that in no way is an excuse for us to not have your reservation. Once again thanks for the good review, but I am sorry you had issues when making the reservation.