“One of the best Hotels in Athens!”

SpringHill Suites Athens
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Our regular hotel in Athens was booked solid, so we chose Springhill Suites. It was extremely convenient to downtown Athens and just about anywhere else in Athens you wanted to go. The rooms were clean, the hotel staff was exceptional, and the food in the restaurant was quite good. We loved it so much, we'll stay there again this spring when my daughter graduates.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

That is high praise-thank you!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Booked an overnight stay here for my son's audition to get into the School of Music at UGA. I can't say enough about the courteous, efficient, and friendly staff here. It started with my calling on Monday to confirm my reservation for that Friday. I spoke to Christopher, who confirmed my 2-room reservation. When I asked if he could get us into rooms next to each other on a high floor, he took a couple of minutes, then confirmed we had two rooms next to each other on the 5th floor for that Friday (More often than not, when I confirm my reservations like this I get the usual "we'll do our best to fulfill your requests when you check-in"). I thanked him for all his help. When we checked in at 9PM that Friday night, we were greeted very warmly by Lori, the manager on shift. As she was checking us in she mentioned that they were "all booked up"..this got me ready to hear the old "unfortunately, we can't accommodate your requests due to our being booked up and your late arrival" speech, instead Lori confirmed we had the same rooms that Christopher set us up with! Lori also gave us a map of town and showed us how to get to the UGA campus the fastest way in the morning (this hotel is about 7 minutes from College Station Road exit). She was extremely helpful and made us feel very welcome. We checked into our rooms and were delighted to see how modern, clean, and comfortable they were. The next morning, my wife and I were commenting how quiet the floor was despite the hotel being all booked up. Breakfast was very nice, with selections of cereal, fruit, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage (actually tasted better than others I've had), and potatoes. In addition, there was a waffle iron to make your own waffles. Coffees, teas, and juices rounded out the offerings. Throughout our time in the breakfast area every staff member there was very courteous and friendly, and asked if everything was to our liking or if there was something they could help us with. This hotel is located very close to the perimeter highway, but not so close that you'd be bothered by road noise. It's not in downtown, but I don't see that as a negative. The surrounding area is quiet. The combination of location, service, facilities, and value at this hotel coupled with the incredible staff make this the best hotel we've stayed at in a long time. We were so impressed with our stay that my wife and I agreed we would be booking this hotel regularly to attend UGA functions.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

We are tremendously humbled by your starry review of our hotel. We look forward to hosting you and your family over the next few years.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed here twice in December 2012 to visit daughter at UGA. This is my only choice of motel to stay at in this area. It is clean and the rooms have space to live in. I am not particularly fond of the sink area set up but have noticed several chains going to a similar set up where the sink is outside the bathroom area which is good, but right in front of the the beds which is not so good. I think the lighting at the sink could be much better but it is a small compromise to make considering how nice the rest of the room is. There is a large couch area for sitting which also opens out to a bed. There are ample plugs for electrical and charging tech items. Also a nice desk area and 3 small tables tops that can be moved around the room. Also a fridge and sink area and a closet. Breakfast is complimentary and has a good number of choices. I was surprised on these visits to have a shower only in the room which is not something I had experienced at one of these motels previously. The desk person told me most of their rooms now have only showers and that you have to request the tub shower and they go quickly. On my previous stays here I guess I was just lucky to get a tub shower. A stand alone shower is not an issue for me generally but the odd thing was you had to actually be in the shower to turn on the water as that was the only way to reach the faucet which was a bit of a problem getting the right temp for the water. All in all I would definitely return here in the future if in the area. Just make sure you are not traveling there on a UGA football weekend (unless that is your purpose for going) as they to jack the prices quite a bit for those weekends and require a minimum number of nights. Otherwise the rates are quite fair.

Room Tip: If you want a tub be sure to request when making reservation.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your response. We always appreciate feedback from our valued guests.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Ok i travel 100% of the time. I dont write any reviews on here ever.

The good This hotel looks wonderful and new. The people are nice and friendly and fast.

The bad I woke up with bites all over.Now I have itchy welts from my chest to my feet for my 2.5 hr flight home.

• Stayed: December 2012
Christopher J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

After a thorough, documented, and professional inspection, it has been determined the concern mentioned by this guest is unfounded. We take these concerns very seriously and although we are deeply sorry for their discomfort, we are confident in our findings. After speaking to the guest directly, they are now researching other possible reasons for the aforementioned discomfort. As always, we thank this guest for their comments and hope that any concern about our award winning property from future guests would be brought to our attention immediately. We always strive to be the best and to provide the utmost in service.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

we ended up here due to a deal on priceline. My family lives in Athens and I expected the typical depressing Athens hotel. Other than a couple of nice hotels downtown, most of the places are pretty bad. This place is a gem with big, well arranged rooms and a pleasant seating area. It's not as nice as the Foundry Inn but it's every bit as nice as the Hilton and nicer than the Holiday Inn. If you have a choice among several hotels, pick this one.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you! To be compared with area "full service" hotels and rate at the top is quite the compliment.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed here 6 nights and it was our first stay in a Springhill Suites. I would highly recommend it.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The GM was a "hands-on" fellow who quickly took care of a small housekeeping problem that we had.

The room layout was really great for 2 people.The computer desk and internet access were as good as we have seen in any hotel anywhere. The ergonomic chair at the large computer desk was just perfect and allowed long periods of laptop use with real comfort. The hard-wire ethernet lan access was a fine feature. And, the wi-fi my wife used worked really well.

The only improvement that could make the stay even better would have been more storage in drawers, which really was lacking. We were on a long trip and carry a large amount of things with us and there simply wasn't enough storage.

The price of the room was excellent and the entire package was a really excellent value.

We enjoyed the rather different modernistic nature of the decor which we were told is intended to attract the "modern" business traveler. Even this pair of seniors found it rather refreshing.

This was a top value, excellent hotel. Because of the great experience, we'll consider staying in Springhill Suites elsewhere in our travels. And, if back in Athens, GA we'll automatically pick this one for another stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your complimentary words. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

The room was set up really nicely with a sitting area when you first walk in with a microwave, mini fridge, sink and desk. The TV swivels for watching in the sittting area or the beds which is convenient. Two Queen beds and a sofa bed so it has lots of room. It is near shopping and restaurants yet far enough away that it is still quiet. It is a little farther away from UGA than some of the hotels but you would still have to drive and park so it didn't really matter to me.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel. Please visit again soon.