University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Atlanta
“Dawgs Rule!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the third time in 5 years that I've had the pleasure of staying here. The mostly student-run operation is professional, clean, very pleasant. The conference facilities are top notch, the food and snacks are excellent. Wish it was closer to home, I'd book it for our class reunion this fall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
UGA_Hotel, Manager at University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for your great review. We would love to host future events for you- whether it is a meeting or social event. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife and I, both professors at another major university, who stayed at many hotels runs by other universities, found the UGA Hotel an excellent local on campus, with nice ground-floor amenities and beautiful gardens, but the lodgings upstairs that were on par with today's Days Inns or Motel 6s. Routine questions to the Front Desk directed us to the Conciergie Desk which directed us to the Front Desk. One day a message is stuck to the outside of our room door, telling us that Housekeeping will skip making our room that day because we still have a 'Do Not Disturb' sign outside it at 10 a.m.; The next day the room wasn't been made up by 4 p.m., despite the lacks of any 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door that day or stickers from Housekeeping place on it, so we have to phone the Front Desk to ask that the room be made up. Go figure. The squeaking, un-airconditioned internal elevators were interesting. The place means well and the student staff are friendly, but the lodgings need an overall makeover, and maybe UGA needs a Hospitality Management curriculum?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank VinCrosbie
Northampton, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at the UGA hotel when I was in town for a conference in May 2013 and was from the moment I walked in the place struck by how friendly and competent the staff was. I assume they were students, but really I don't think I've encountered more professional and competent hotel staff anywhere. The room I stayed in was on the small side--I was offered a larger room when I checked in but decided to stay with the smaller room I'd booked--but it was clean and very nice and had everything I needed. Months later I needed a copy of my receipt and had one emailed to me during my 2-minute phone call. I don't usually take the time to write reviews but the people who work at this hotel deserve recognition.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
UGA_Hotel, Manager at University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. Or entire staff takes great pride in offering excellent customer service. Thank you again.
Arroyo Grande, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed at the UGA hotel during my son's Orientation. It is centrally located and perfect for anyone not familiar with Athens and/or the University. The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful. The rooms were average but very neat and tidy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
UGA_Hotel, Manager at University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and welcome to the UGA community! We look forward to having you as a guest on your future trips to Athens. Please be sure to join our Parents Club.
Thank you.
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I attended a workshop held in the conference and stayed in the hotel. Overall it was a great experience with no any particular complaints. The hotel and rooms are clean and staff is friendly. The food served as part of the workshop was also very good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
UGA_Hotel, Manager at University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw about the UGA Hotel at the Georgia Center. We are pleased to know you were satisfied with your stay.
El Limón, Aragua, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

This place is elegant, well setup, away from all the noise of town and right in the heart of campus, walking distance to almost anywhere in Athens (especially downtown). All the ammenities from category 5 hotel. And very special for an alumni coming back....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
UGA_Hotel, Manager at University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your great reply! We always enjoy welcoming Alumni to our hotel and conference center. We look forward to you visiting us again soon.
Santiago de Compostela, España
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have stayed in the UGA hotel for a conference and I do not have any complains about it. Very comfortable and clean room, also free WIFI available and all the TV channels that you can imagine. In my case was a good choice since the conference was in the same place, however as it was the holyday term not many students were around. 20-25 minutes walk to the downtown crossing the university area. I will definitely book the same hotel if I have to go again to Athens.

Room Tip: Not in front of the elevator