Stayed here for a business conference in November 2013.
The hotel had to have been built quite a few years ago. The layout of the hotel, lobby, halls, and rooms was very odd and it didn't fit together very well. The rooms are small and they have an odd floor plan.
There was a VERY long hallway to the rooms, so if you have any issues with mobility, I would suggest asking for a room near the elevators.
That being said, everything was re-modeled and up-to-date. The lobby was nice. And the conference center was fantastic!
The restaurant where breakfast was served was old and gave me the feeling of going to a cafeteria. But the breakfast was CHEAP (by today's hotel standards) and it was good.
The "bar" of the hotel was pretty weak...like they just found a spot in an empty room and added some booze. Then again, if you are in Athens, GA, looking for a bar, then the hotel bar should not be your destination...there are countless bars downtown full of college kids.
Hotel is about a half mile walk from downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beautiful, historic campus of the University of Georgia in Athens, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center includes a 200-room hotel, four onsite dining options, banquet areas, conference rooms, auditoriums, a fitness center, and a computer lab — all under one roof. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Georgia Center - The University Of Georgia`s Hotel Athens
- The Georgia Center - The University Of Georgia`s Conference Center And Hotel