We booked here and it was not a football or basketball weekend. At 11:30 p.m. we called the front desk and asked that someone come up because there was a large and loud party in the room next door. The rooms have been redone, but this is an old hotel and the walls are paper thin. 12 a.m.. no relief...called the front desk and she said she couldn't find the security officer. 12:30 a.m. called again...security officer came...1 a.m. no relief...1:30 a.m. called the front desk and told them if they didn't do something I was calling the police. Security officer came again and they disbanded the party in that room.
Next morning before leaving for the day we asked if the people were checking out of that room. They said yes. When we returned late afternoon we were told WE HAD TO MOVE because the people had not checked out and they wanted to "make sure we were taken care of". As a goodwill gesture they gave us 2 UGA mugs. Planning on returning to Athens in 4 weeks and we will not be staying there. Oh yes, the bar closed at either 9 or 10 p.m. because it "wasn't a big weekend",
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beautiful, historic campus of the University of Georgia in Athens, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center includes a 200-room hotel, four onsite dining options, banquet areas, conference rooms, auditoriums, a fitness center, and a computer lab — all under one roof. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Georgia Center - The University Of Georgia`s Hotel Athens
- The Georgia Center - The University Of Georgia`s Conference Center And Hotel