Was in Athens for work and stayed three nites. Beautiful facility. Small rooms. But, equipped with a small refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, hair dryer, & ironing board and iron. Easy climate control which was quite nice. First nite had noisy neighbors after midnight, called the front desk and very soon after heard someone knock on their door and they shut down the noise. Did not like the hours of onsite dining. Not open before 7am. Breakfast was good. Especially the grits. Lots of parking available. $10/day. A little pricey. There was usually someone to greet you at the entrance asking can they help you with luggage and such. Friendly. Respectful. Charming. If you have physical challenges it can be a bit taxing for you to go from the parking lot through the conference lobby through the lounge to the hotel main lobby to the elevators down the hall to your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beautiful, historic campus of the University of Georgia in Athens, the UGA Hotel and Conference Center includes a 200-room hotel, four onsite dining options, banquet areas, conference rooms, auditoriums, a fitness center, and a computer lab — all under one roof. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Georgia Center - The University Of Georgia`s Hotel Athens
- The Georgia Center - The University Of Georgia`s Conference Center And Hotel