“Great food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Best Chinese food in Athens. This is not a buffet which in my opinion has been the demise of some great Chinese restaurants. Friendly wait staff.

1  Thank fulldraw74

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We ate lunch here as it was right near the WalMart. This is not a buffet but a sit down Chinese restaurant and nice enough for a casual date. If they added some chinese lantern lighting and dimmed the lights it would make for a nice date atmosphere.

Lunch specials are $5.99 to $6.99 and include choice of soup, egg roll, entree and fried rice. Portions are ample for sharing or taking home for another meal. I had an unadvertised special, salt and pepper flounder. You could get it fried with no sauce and just onions and peppers, or sauteed in a sauce with mixed vegetables. Sauce was a choice of a light or brown sauce. The brown sauce turned out to be soy, which turned the dish rather salty, it being salt and pepper to begin with. The pieces of flounder were mild and nicely cooked. Vegetables included fresh mushroom, carrots, onions, and peppers. The wonton soup was good, but with only the wonton noodles, no filling. The eggroll was nondescript. The spicy mustard sauce is HOT!

My companion had the General Tso's chicken, which was crispy and good. The egg drop soup was basic and very good. After eating the soup and eggroll we could only eat about a fourth of our entrees. Definitely a good deal for the money and a nice break from the typical chinese buffet.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I've never been disappointed here. The food always tastes fresh. One little treat that we stumbled on is their vegetable soup. It has a very subtle flavor with fresh Chinese vegetables.

The staff here also take care of you. I can't remember having bad service here during the many times I've eaten here.

1  Thank AthensOwnCritic
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The restaurant is clean with friendly staff. Food is good and modest priced. I had pepper steak with egg drop soup.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

While in Athens on 3/31, my husband and I decided to give Golden Sun a try. Oh I was NOT disappointed!!! The restaurant was not crowded, but it was still a little early in the evening. Our waiter was very polite; ending each sentence with "yes sir, no sir", ect. The egg drop soup was perfect, the egg rolls were perfect and I can't say enough about the sesame chicken!!! It was the best I"ve ever had! Every thing was very hot, very fresh! In my opinion, this restaurant is even better than P.F. Chang and the cost is by far better! In fact, the only bad thing I can say about this restaurant is that it's almost an hour from where we live so I won't be able to get by there very often!!

1  Thank ksims071