“Nice any day or for special occasions”
Review of Savannah Room

Savannah Room
Ranked #81 of 415 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of Athens' finest restaurants. The Savannah Room offers seafood, steaks, vegetarian options, Southern specialties and superb desserts. A full bar is available. The Savannah Room is located inside the UGA Hotel.
Athens, Georgia
“Nice any day or for special occasions”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

A quality place with chef-prepared entrees but not at all expensive. In the heart of the GA University campus, two minutes from downtown Athens, next to a parking ramp with validated parking. We've always had extraordinary meals, each with that special something. The servers are friendly, experienced and attentive. Lunches are very reasonable and dinners seem to be in the medium range.

• Visited March 2012

Ocala, Florida
“Dinner with exceptional service”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Ate here my first night. Exceptional service. Fresh greens in the salad, love the vinegrette. The she crab soup really hit the spot. Second night, conducted a potential employee interview. Service was just as great. Server remembered me from the night before. Extra points for that.

Visited March 2012
Athens, Georgia
“People do not think about this place...”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

But should. I have taken my daughter here after church many times and enjoyed the Sunday buffet. For a buffet, the food was fresh and consistent. Good service as well.

Athens, GA
“It used to be terrific”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The setting is lovely. It used to be one of the best kept secrets in town, hidden away in the Georgia Center for Continuing Education--no signs, no advertising, a special place known primarily by visitors staying in the hotel, faculty and staff.

The last time I went was with a group. People either loved their meal or, like me, were very disappointed. I ordered the "angus beef cheeseburger" plate. The meat was gray, dry, and tasteless. I sent it back. Half an hour later, as everyone was finishing their meal, my replacement arrived. It was gray, dry, and tasteless. I didn't eat it.

In fairness, many people still rave about this place. I wish I could. I will not go back again.

• Visited September 2010